• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frozen Chosen, can you reiterate why Sadia's flip made Johnny seem more likely to be scum to you? Or did it simply not occur to you at the time that Johnny might also be a vanilla townie and thus oblivious to the two team set-up?

The fact that he didn't know about the two team set up made me become suspicious of him. He could be a vanilla townie, but I feel like he is more likely a vig or scum. I wanted to stop talking about it because I didn't want to bring more attention to Johnny being potential vig.

I'd certainly rather not be lynched, but if the town can't find anything else to go on today, I'm willing to be a policy lynch. However, I think we should deal with that later in this day. I'd like to hear some suspicions from people.

This response to having suspicion thrown at him was interesting. Sooshi seems pretty calm about being lynched and wants to help the town but I don't know if he is just hoping we think he is a vig trying to help the town. Mind games (whether existent or nonexistent).
I have my own, pretty solid reasons for believing that he is not a vanilla townie.

I also want to know why everyone is getting in people's faces this game. Did something happen in revival mafia that I'm unaware of? Are we all going to be okay? I hope so, because I like playing with you guys.

Pen

The game is on!
I have been rereading this thread in search for clues, but I have yet to find a player that I would be willing to vote for today. Given it is still only day 2 so far, we do not have an awful lot to go on. I anybody has any suggestions at all for whom to lynch today, I would very much appreciate it, along with an alright reason for said lynch. ^^

If I myself were to suggest players to lynch it would probably be either Johnny or Snowman (Johnny less so), for reasons that I have already explained. However, neither one of these suspicions of mine are particularly strong.

Frozen Chosen said:
The fact that he didn't know about the two team set up made me become suspicious of him. He could be a vanilla townie, but I feel like he is more likely a vig or scum. I wanted to stop talking about it because I didn't want to bring more attention to Johnny being potential vig.

Looking back at the point where Johnny first was called into question, he definitely seemed to have an educated guess about the roles for the two factions either operating on an x-shot basis or odd/even night scheme. Coincidentally enough, after he posted that, he was asked about how he knew if an odd/even set-up was being used. That makes me wonder if Johnny actually was aware of the set-up, but he didn't want to give away too much so the mafia wouldn't catch on.

Frozen Chosen said:
This response to having suspicion thrown at him was interesting. Sooshi seems pretty calm about being lynched and wants to help the town but I don't know if he is just hoping we think he is a vig trying to help the town. Mind games (whether existent or nonexistent).
I have my own, pretty solid reasons for believing that he is not a vanilla townie.

I see your reasoning, especially if Johnny is a potential vig, though if you thought that was the case, I would have preferred you not revealed that. Still, I think there's a good case to be made that Johnny actually does have a town power role that is divided across the two colors (see top portion of my post). It seems almost too coincidental that he would have mentioned the ability to use powers on an odd or even night. Johnny probably added the x-shot part so the mafia wouldn't catch on to the game set-up. Unfortunately, it wasn't kept under wraps for long.

Frozen Chosen said:
I also want to know why everyone is getting in people's faces this game. Did something happen in revival mafia that I'm unaware of? Are we all going to be okay? I hope so, because I like playing with you guys.

There's a bit of resentment towards some of the newer players for claiming important roles in the past two games on day one, but I don't think it's fair to be too harsh on the new competitors. We all made noob mistakes at one point, and even though it might seem frustrating for someone to make such an obvious blunder, many of us have at least 20 games of experience.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

I never said I never knew about the two team setup.

his response to having suspicion thrown at him was interesting. Sooshi seems pretty calm about being lynched and wants to help the town but I don't know if he is just hoping we think he is a vig trying to help the town. Mind games (whether existent or nonexistent).
Mind sharing that reasoning?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think it's actually pretty likely that Johnny is just a VT and doesn't possess a power role. I also don't think he's mafia anymore since we know vt's exist in thus game. Johnny never said he didn't know about the colours, so he still could have had one. He suggested the possibility of the odd/even restriction but implied he didn't already know that it existed. This would make sense if he were a VT. The reason he was suspicious before was because it originally looked like a role madness game, but we now know that's not the case.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Why would you think the vig is not aware of that? I think that every townie with a power is aware of that.

Now that is an interesting statement. Could you eleborate on that?
From your perspective, you think he is either the vig or mafia. I'd say it's unlikely that you are the cop because otherwise you would've known for sure. Are you a tracker/watcher then, and did you see Johnny targetting Sadia?
I can imagine not wanting to share that, if it's true, but I'd day the opportunity to lynch scum today and the evidence we can obtain from that is worth the game. Besides, your mysterious statement probably already let them believe that this might be the case (regardless of your actual role), you're already taking half the damage now anyway.

Looking back at the point where Johnny first was called into question, he definitely seemed to have an educated guess about the roles for the two factions either operating on an x-shot basis or odd/even night scheme. Coincidentally enough, after he posted that, he was asked about how he knew if an odd/even set-up was being used. That makes me wonder if Johnny actually was aware of the set-up, but he didn't want to give away too much so the mafia wouldn't catch on.

I see your reasoning, especially if Johnny is a potential vig, though if you thought that was the case, I would have preferred you not revealed that. Still, I think there's a good case to be made that Johnny actually does have a town power role that is divided across the two colors (see top portion of my post). It seems almost too coincidental that he would have mentioned the ability to use powers on an odd or even night. Johnny probably added the x-shot part so the mafia wouldn't catch on to the game set-up. Unfortunately, it wasn't kept under wraps for long.
Your post catched my eyes. I was not convinced of the arguments against Johnny so far either, but it seems like you are trying a bit too hard to strengthen his position. You mention that he "seemed to have an educated guess about the roles for the two factions", that you think he might very well have been aware of the odd/even-night set-up and you only discuss the possibility that he is a vig and not that he's mafia (whereas Frozen mentioned both), even telling Frozen that giving this info might've been a mistake.
If, and IF, you are mafia, it would certainly be beneficial to strengthen his position a bit now, and the more we accept that he's possibly one of the vigs, the safer he will be. I think that if Johnny is scum, you might very well be a fellow scumbud.

Since Johnny has been brought up again, I'm slightly suspicious of Frozen Chosen for being the first to cast doubt upon him during the day.

I got a rather strong town read from him because he was the one who brought up the possible mafia roleblocker, a bad move for a scum player.

Jamie is replacing Dan. He will be exempt from today's post count.

Sad to see @Dan go, but Jamie is a worthy replacement. Welcome to the game mate! :)

Now that is an interesting statement. Could you eleborate on that?
From your perspective, you think he is either the vig or mafia. I'd say it's unlikely that you are the cop because otherwise you would've known for sure. Are you a tracker/watcher then, and did you see Johnny targetting Sadia?
I can imagine not wanting to share that, if it's true, but I'd day the opportunity to lynch scum today and the evidence we can obtain from that is worth the game. Besides, your mysterious statement probably already let them believe that this might be the case (regardless of your actual role), you're already taking half the damage now anyway.

Another weird play from you. Similarly to how I criticized HeroOfTime on Day One for pushing Malon for answers, you are pushing FrozenChosen for answers when you could have just let it go. I for one didn't catch the connection, and scum might not have either. Why'd you spell it out like that?

That said, you make a good point. It is like it is, so the question is what to do in this situation. I personally think that if your theory is true, Johnny is more likely to be scum rather than vig since he didn't seem to know about the odd/even night restriction at first, something I'd imagine the vigilante would know about. There's no proof about this of course, but I think it's reasonable to assume that every town powerrole has a restriction like that.

Your post catched my eyes. I was not convinced of the arguments against Johnny so far either, but it seems like you are trying a bit too hard to strengthen his position. You mention that he "seemed to have an educated guess about the roles for the two factions", that you think he might very well have been aware of the odd/even-night set-up and you only discuss the possibility that he is a vig and not that he's mafia (whereas Frozen mentioned both), even telling Frozen that giving this info might've been a mistake.
If, and IF, you are mafia, it would certainly be beneficial to strengthen his position a bit now, and the more we accept that he's possibly one of the vigs, the safer he will be. I think that if Johnny is scum, you might very well be a fellow scumbud.

Not convinced yet, since ALiT often plays aggressively like that in my experience, but I've taken note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom