• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tattoos

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I have six tattoos and I plan on get at the very least six more. I love my tattoos and I wouldn't change any of them for anything. My dad doesn't like that i have them because he doesn't like that I "marked up my body" aka it's clashing with his religious beliefs. So my question right now is: Is there anyone else here with tattoos? If so what are they and what do they mean to you? If not, do you want any? What will they be and what will they mean to you?

Nicole

luke is my wife
This thread was timed quite perfectly. I recently read an informative article about tattoos in my literature class in school. It wasn't overly detailed, but it did describe how the ink is injected into your skin, the costs of getting (and removing) a tattoo, and the potential risks of getting a tattoo. I currently do not have a tattoo, as I am too young to have one. Several of my classmates and I (approximately half of my class) would like to get a tattoo in the future. Now, what's funny is that I go to a Catholic school. :P

As far as what I would like to get... it depends. I'm not 100% set on getting a tattoo. One thing my teacher warned us of was that certain work forces frown upon employees with tattoos or do not allow their employees to have tattoos. I see myself attempting to work in a more white-collar environment, and my career will always be more important than any trivial personal preferences (such as getting a tattoo). If I can have one and I do decide to get one, I do not want one that is very large, nor do I want many tattoos. I think it would be neat to get a tattoo of something meaningful, likes the word(s) "love" or "courage," in Japanese tattooed on my wrist or ankle.

My mom, actually, has a tattoo of a moon with my name under it. She told me never to get a partner's or spouse's name on a tattoo, which is very wise. I think it would be very meaningful to get a tattoo of your child's name or something of the sort. No spouse tattoos for me.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I got my first (and so far only) tattoo when I was 2 months shy of turning 19. So I've had it for nearly 9 years now. It's a tribal dragon on my upper right arm. I still love it, though it is kind of simple and I would like to add to it. I do have a specific idea I've been carrying with me for quite a while now - but I need to find the time and money to get it done - right now I have other things I would rather spend my money on, so it's put on hold. But one day - one day I will get it done, lol.

The funny thing is that when I told my parents I wanted a tattoo, my mom asked me not to, told me tattoos were ugly things. Then when called her later on to tell her I had gotten one, she sighed and said it was my choice, of course (I lived away from home already) - and then when I came home my mom asked to see it right away and when I showed her she actually exclaimed "Oh, how pretty!" She even started joking about getting one herself - which of course she hasn't. But I managed to change her opinion on tatoos (when she grew up tattoos were something sailors got and it was always anchors and naked women... lol)

I have 2 tattoos. I have on along my pelvic bone (it has my name Aurelia on it), and one on my chest that has the Hello Kitty symbol head. I'm not exactly sure why I got them, maybe I was really feeling rebelious at the time. I wasn't drunk or on any type of drug while getting them either.

I don't regret getting them, and I don't think I'm going to get more tattoos anytime soon. I'm happy with the ones I have.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
But I managed to change her opinion on tatoos (when she grew up tattoos were something sailors got and it was always anchors and naked women... lol)
LMAO I have an anchor tattoo that i got when i was in the navy! it's on my ankle! And i was crazy close to getting a pin up with it (tastefully clothed might i add) with it!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I'm not a big fan of tatoos. I don't have one and I never will. But more power to the people who do like them, it's just not my cup of tea.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I want one but my parents won't let me till I'm of legal age to make my own choices. But the ones I want are a Triforce (wanted it ever since I thought of getting a tattoo), the solar system around my shoulder, and the button comands for the Street Fighter moves Hadoken and Shoryuken!:lol:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
While tatoos may seem cool and fun at first, imagine what it'll look like when you're a really old person. Yeah. That's why I don't get tatoos.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is something I'm not ready with getting, not that there's anything wrong in that. However, it's not for me because it'd be only for looks, because I'd have it my entire life, and because if later in life I decided to remove it that'd mean I'd need to pay for that (possibly just as much to put one on; don't count on me knowing that) and that'd require investing in it twice. All for the sake of avoiding an unnecessary investment in the future, though. And, as Nicole mentioned, certain areas of work not allowing employees with tattoos.

That's not to say I've abstained from envisioning what I could or might get. The options are virtually limitless, so I'd be prone to consider that. My top preference would be the Triforce on the back of my right hand, with the bottom right triangle glowing while the rest are faint but visible. Otherwise I'd have a dragon winding around one of my arms and blowing fire into my palm. Such imagery just seems cool to me.

K

Kokiri Wanderer

I have 7 tattoos and I'm currently working on a Zelda sleeve...it drives me crazy at times but it's slowly getting there lol I think most work places are ok with tattoos so long as you can cover them up, i.e not on your neck/hands.

J

Jing

I don't have any tattoos but if I where to get one it would probably be either the Hylian Crest or Griever symbol from FF8 ^^

Tattoo's are not for me but I don't think anything is wrong with getting them. I don't personally agree with certain work forces discriminating against people with excessive amounts of tattoos either.

I personally don't want to get one because I'm either A.) Afraid of the potential risks of getting a tattoo or B.) Afraid that I'm going to regret it later on in life even if it is something signifigant towards me like my child. I'm really obsessive about some things and one of those things is making sure everything is organized and in place perfectly the way I want it. If the tattoo was even off by the slightest of where I originally wanted it, it would bother me forever and I'd regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom