• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Mido will now RNG to see who dies since it is a tie... Though 1 vote deaths arent applicable first day unless mod chooses

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I just checked the rules in the OP. With three people tied, it's a no-lynch. But, as Storm said, if two people are tied then RNG or a coin decide their fates.

Mido

Version 1
Ok so what happens now? Does someone get lynched short straw style or what?
Mido will now RNG to see who dies since it is a tie... Though 1 vote deaths arent applicable first day unless mod chooses

Well, if we all read the rules, we would know the following:

Mido said:
  • The player with the most votes at the time of day's end will be lynched. If there is a tie between two players, a coin flip will decide the fate of the players. If more than two players reach a tiebreaker at the end of the day, a "no lynch" will occur.
This being said, allow me to continue. :)

FINAL VOTE TALLY
DekuNut - 1 (Libk)
Libk - 1 (Pendio)
Zachie Blade - 1 (Domozilla777)

Did Not Vote: : Storm, DekuNut, Minish_Link, Mellow Ezlo, Johnny Sooshi, Zachie Blade

The high stakes involved with the ongoing dilemma left much of you quite shaken. Amid a few standout discussions, you all unfortunately struggled to reach a final decision.

"Hmm," the presence from before makes itself known again. "It seems we've come down to three? Oh, no, no, no; this simply cannot do. I will make myself known once again when a more decisive direction is established. For now, enjoy the relative comfort of each other and take a short break. I will return afterwards. Take care, players." The presence had once again vanished. For the time being, all hands were on-deck; but with the threat still looming over you all, the break period would prove uneasy.

Player List
  1. Zachie Blade
  2. Storm
  3. Domozilla777
  4. Mellow Ezlo
  5. DekuNut
  6. Minish_Link
  7. Libk
  8. Pendio
  9. Johnny Sooshi
Night 1 Begins!

For those with night actions, please send them to me as soon as possible. The night will end on Wednesday, June 21st, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Mido

Version 1
After a long break that consisted of sightseeing, a delicious lunch or two, and perhaps even a romantic walk to boot; you all returned to the designated area. As if on queue, the voice made its presence known once again.

"Ah, so you've returned!" it boomed with a strange curiousity. "Hmm, one. Two. Three..." The voice muttered more numbers before finally stopping abruptly. "Huh? Well, it seems we are all here. That's some good news! I suppose you all should get back to it; there is still much to be discussed." And with that, the voice faded once again. So it had seemed that everyone was still among the group for now, even if that meant being back at square one. This time, you'd do it. This time, you'd find whoever was behind this, and avenge your friends for sure!

Player List
  1. Zachie Blade
  2. Storm
  3. Domozilla777
  4. Mellow Ezlo
  5. DekuNut
  6. Minish_Link
  7. Libk
  8. Pendio
  9. Johnny Sooshi
Day 2 Begins!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day will end on Friday, June 23rd, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh wow. So either the mafia holstered last night, or our Jailer was successful. So this could mean a few different things.

Honestly, this is why I dislike no lynches; if I was on the mafia this time around, I would've holstered to leave the town at the exact same place as yesterday. Assuming that's what happened last night, then we have at least one experienced person on the mafia team. Out of the five (Deku, Johnny, Libk, Pendio, and myself for fairness), I can see that kind of play coming from any of them.

Of course, it's also possible that the mafia tried to kill last night and was jailed in the process. So if the Jailer claims, then we have a confirmed mafia; however, since it's possible that the mafia decided not to kill (which is very possible), I would actually encourage the Jailer not to claim, since doing so would put them out in the open and therefore a prime target for the mafia. With no doctor in this set up, claiming would be dangerous. Also, if the mafia chose to holster, then the person you Jailed is most likely town.

I also encourage the Tracker not to claim, for the same reason, especially if they didn't get any results last night.

Now as for my reads going into this day, I had a post constructed last night that I was about to post before Mido posted the EoD scene, and then it was too late. Basically, I was wanting to declare some slight suspicion on Minish_Link and DekuNut before the day officially ended.

In Minish's case, it was mostly her adamancy towards going with a no lynch for day 1. While her thoughts on the matter seemed to come from a good place, no lynches are suspicious to me by default, and her reasons seemed scummy to me. Yes, I get not wanting to lynch one of our only two power roles accidentally, but if it really came to it, they could claim or give us good reasons not to lynch them. I read it as a way for her to try to avoid the possibility of one of the mafia members from accidentally getting lynched while also trying to come up with a townie reason to be against random lynching. Maybe I'm alone in this, but that's how it seemed to me. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though.

As for Deku, he's pretty much always suspicious to me. But the main thing about him this time around was his reads list. While I definitely appreciate the effort in trying to read people during day 1, I find full read lists that early on in the game to be suspicious. If mafia wants to try to be helpful to the town, but doesn't know how to do it that early on after the game just gets serious, a reads list is a relatively safe way to do it. What really caught my eye about his reads, though, was that he didn't say anybody had a scum lean. He mentioned two people he thought were town, and then everybody else was null, so what was the point in doing a full reads list if you only have real reads on two people (one of whom was a claimed townie)? Also, most of his reads were based on post counts it seemed, none of which were lower than three, which is low, but a relatively fair amount I think considering the day was only two irl days long, and it wasn't over yet.

I need to take another look through both of these people, but they're the ones who have stuck out to me with what little we have to go on. I said Storm was playing scummy yesterday, and I standby that, but it's also nothing different from what I'd expect out of him, so I don't have much else to say about him. Minish and Deku did things that made me feel "ok, that seems kinda scummy", as opposed to Storm, who was more "wow, that was scummy, but expected". This being said, I don't necessarily think Storm is town, just in case anybody feels like I'm implying that; I just don't have an opinion on him.

As for the others, I'm still curious about what was so interesting about Zachie's claim from Libk's point of view, but I don't necessarily think Libk's concern came from a bad place. Dom has been kind of following the crowd, which is what I'd expect out of a new player from any alignment. Zachie hasn't done anything scummy, so there is currently no reason to doubt his claim. I feel fairly good about Pendio, but he and Johnny haven't said/done enough for me to have a decent read on them.

@Mido is scum though, guarantee it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Guess we got a lucky jailkeeper or inactive scum
Cool
K I'm more suspicious of Deku now. I really don't like the wording of this post and how little it contains. I also don't like how he immediately concluded that it was either a successful Jailer or inactive scum; I mentioned above how it's very possible the mafia holstered on purpose, and I kind of doubt the mafia consists of two members who are inactive enough not to kill (I can see one maybe, but not both, and even all the really inactive players are experienced enough to not forget to kill).

This is tentative, but I want to see some action today, lest we get a repeat of Day 1.

Vote: DekuNut

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Tristan, don't forget that a Jailer is both a Doctor and a Roleblocker. So we don't have confirmed scum if they were indeed successful - just a person that's either scum or town, which... isn't overly helpful.

As for what you said about me, the reads list was more for myself, to process my thoughts. I shared them for people to comment on. Yes, most of my posts were null, but... it was day one, not a ton to cover.
The day-start post was mostly to get in first post of the day, which I like doing when I'm around. I doubt it's holstered scum because I see no reason for scum to holster. Yes, that would leave us in the same spot as yesterday, but it leaves them in the same spot too. They're no closer to their wincon, and aren't really making anyone seem more townie or scummy by doing so. If they killed someone who was more inactive or new, then yeah, that would be one kill closer to wincon with very little help to the town. I'd personally nominate Libk for the best confusion kill, since he had only three posts at EoD, with only 2 of them being serious. He's also a good, experienced player and didn't show any hard suspicions, but for a comment about Dom that had everyone confused and would make it so nobody got an answer, possibly framing Dom in the process (assuming Dom's town).

I'll make another non-defense post in a bit, but wanted to get this out there.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Tristan, don't forget that a Jailer is both a Doctor and a Roleblocker. So we don't have confirmed scum if they were indeed successful - just a person that's either scum or town, which... isn't overly helpful.
Right, derp, don't know what I've been smoking lol

I'll respond to the rest of your post later, bedtime now.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Honestly, this is why I dislike no lynches; if I was on the mafia this time around, I would've holstered to leave the town at the exact same place as yesterday. Assuming that's what happened last night, then we have at least one experienced person on the mafia team. Out of the five (Deku, Johnny, Libk, Pendio, and myself for fairness), I can see that kind of play coming from any of them.

I need to take another look through both of these people, but they're the ones who have stuck out to me with what little we have to go on. I said Storm was playing scummy yesterday, and I standby that, but it's also nothing different from what I'd expect out of him, so I don't have much else to say about him. Minish and Deku did things that made me feel "ok, that seems kinda scummy", as opposed to Storm, who was more "wow, that was scummy, but expected". This being said, I don't necessarily think Storm is town, just in case anybody feels like I'm implying that; I just don't have an opinion on him.

Hypotheticals get us nowhere fast. it's glad to know I'm a null for you, because well.... I'm a bit irratic at best.

but you kinda just made one of my scum pair theories set well.

you're probably a VT, so, I'm not going to ask you for any information, but maybe list town from townly to scummiest. Ironically I am actually finding you to be the trustworthy one this game

so I leave a question for @Domozilla777

how do you feel about Tristan right now?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
In Minish's case, it was mostly her adamancy towards going with a no lynch for day 1. While her thoughts on the matter seemed to come from a good place, no lynches are suspicious to me by default, and her reasons seemed scummy to me. Yes, I get not wanting to lynch one of our only two power roles accidentally, but if it really came to it, they could claim or give us good reasons not to lynch them. I read it as a way for her to try to avoid the possibility of one of the mafia members from accidentally getting lynched while also trying to come up with a townie reason to be against random lynching. Maybe I'm alone in this, but that's how it seemed to me. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though.

I feel fairly good about Pendio, but he and Johnny haven't said/done enough for me to have a decent read on them.

Yes, the power roles could have claimed if they were about to be lynched, but that would still put us in a bad place, almost as bad as lynching them anyways. If we made it to where one of them had to claim, mafia would know who they were and get rid of them early on. I've held this same opinion in previous games, so it's not really unusual for me. I don't really find your scenario of why I was advocating a no-lynch to make sense either. If I were scum, I wouldn't have risked using that as a way to not get either of us lynched. It would have been a random lynch, and with only two scum and no particular person really in danger at that moment, it would have been better for scum to go for a lynch.

I am a bit curious as to why you feel good about Pendio though. You seemed to have singled him out while also saying he and Johnny haven't said/done enough for you to have a decent read on them. Is there something about Pendio and not Johnny that makes you feel differently about the two?

Anyways, regarding the no night kill. It'll be hard to tell if it was a successful Jailer or if mafia chose not to kill anyone without the jailer claiming, which I would also advise against. I'm more inclined to believe it was a successful jailer, only due to the fact that I think the mafia would rather try to get rid of either the jailer/tracker rather than take the chance of us getting no info from their kill. It could be a way for them to try and frame whoever was jailed last night, but that's still a pretty big risk for something that's not an absolute certainty.

Pen

The game is on!
After the events of yesterday I have two prime suspects and one minor one. I am the most suspicious of Mezlo and DN for the same reasons. They both expressed yesterday how much they dislike no-lynches, yet at the end of the day neither of them had placed a vote on anyone. If you dislike no-lynches so much the least you can do is contribute by voting for someone. For anyone really. It seems to me they voiced their thoughts on a no-lynch because it is the good old Townie thing to do, but when it came down to it, they didn't dare to vote with anyone because that would have resulted in a lynch, and thus more attention being put unto them. If Mezlo and DN are in fact Mafia it would be almost too easy, so I won't assume that right now. However, I am very suspicious of both.

I'm also mildly suspicious of Libk because of what I asked him about yesterday. I am still awaiting a response.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Could you elaborate on this? Why do you think it's so interesting?

Mostly because at that point we had so much time left in the day it seemed odd to me someone would feel worried about dying to the votes. I also didn't realize new player, but again it didn't immediately jump out as scummy, just something to take note of.

As well, sorry about my inactivity. I almost asked to be replaced but I'm going to power through it I think.

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
After the events of yesterday I have two prime suspects and one minor one. I am the most suspicious of Mezlo and DN for the same reasons. They both expressed yesterday how much they dislike no-lynches, yet at the end of the day neither of them had placed a vote on anyone. If you dislike no-lynches so much the least you can do is contribute by voting for someone. For anyone really. It seems to me they voiced their thoughts on a no-lynch because it is the good old Townie thing to do, but when it came down to it, they didn't dare to vote with anyone because that would have resulted in a lynch, and thus more attention being put unto them. If Mezlo and DN are in fact Mafia it would be almost too easy, so I won't assume that right now. However, I am very suspicious of both.

I'm also mildly suspicious of Libk because of what I asked him about yesterday. I am still awaiting a response.
I unexpectedly got called to work a double shift on Tuesday, so I didn't even get the chance to look at this friend before eod. I had a post written out detailing that but Mido posted first so I couldn't say anything. You know my thoughts on no lynches, I think I make it clear every game, so there's no reason to think I wasn't genuine this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom