• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia
-A Mido Mafia Game-

The release of the Augma device has taken the world by storm, numerous news outlets claiming that it, with its breakout title, Ordinal Scale, was going to eclipse VR technology and supplant games such as ALO and GGO as the premier gaming experience through augmented reality. Some of you were eager to jump on the hype train, playing Ordinal Scale dedicatedly since its inception. Others, were more resistant to the new game, sticking with the familiar territory of VRMMOs; yet with enough peer pressure, eventually joined in on the fun. Interestingly, some new events began to appear, motivating you to delve into the game further. What were these mysterious events? You all found out that fateful night...

That night, a boss event appeared; the boss interestingly being the boss of SAO's Tenth Floor. The allure of nostalgia hooked most of you, and indeed kept you all as you defeated the boss with a bevy of other players. Unfortunately, the boss events harbored a catch. Some time after each boss fight, players would go missing, often found maimed and harboring real injuries. As far as you all could tell, Klein and his friends were first. Prompting an investigation, you all started to snoop around for answers, that is, until another one of the special event bosses clocked out Asuna's HP. Since that day, while she didn't sustain physical injury of any severity, her memories became out of whack. Two things soon occurred to you all. The first conveyed that the players going missing and being attacked were all SAO survivors. The second was more puzzling: when these SAO bosses defeated an SAO survivor, the player's memories of the game begin to fade. Something was not right here, but none of you could quite discern who was behind all this. Amid a heated discussion of the situation, a presence interrupted the proceedings, and in a commanding tone, began to talk.

"It seems there is a problem here," it spoke. "I have an idea of what is going on around here, but the time is not right to indulge your curiosity. Instead, I will cut right to the chase. You as well as I both know whoever is behind this mess is among us right now. Now, check your inventory." Upon scanning your inventories, you all notice red hoods. "Put these on. These will conceal your identities for the experiment we are about to conduct. Find the people responsible for what is amiss, and all will be well. If not, I fear the circumstances will be quite grave after the fact. I hope you all enjoy this new special event of Ordinal Scale. Best of luck." And with that, the voice's presence vanished.

Once again, this was more than a game. Your friends' livelihoods were on the line. You all had to fight for their sake...and stop these guys, whoever they were. The game had truly begun.

The Setup: JK9
  • 1 Tracker
  • 1 Jailkeeper
  • 5 Vanilla Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons

The Rules

• Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with others, unless you are permitted to do so.
  • Voting for a player is to be done in the following manner: Vote: Mido. This being said, please bold your votes or they will not count. To remove a vote, simply type, Unvote.
  • The player with the most votes at the time of day's end will be lynched. If there is a tie between two players, a coin flip will decide the fate of the players. If more than two players reach a tiebreaker at the end of the day, a "no lynch" will occur.
  • On the topic of "no lynch," you are allowed to vote for "no lynch."
  • Extension votes are allowed to extend day periods, but will only go through upon majority rule.
  • DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE YOUR POSTS! This rule is extremely crucial. Instead, if you feel the need to add something to your posts, make another post following your original one. Double posts are allowed in Mafia.
  • Claiming your role, i.e. Vanilla Townie, is allowed, but you may NOT name claim under any circumstances, or in other words, claim the character that you are for the game.
  • Under the previous rule, do not copy/paste any information I gave you in your PMs into this thread.
  • Do not post during the night period.
  • Upon dying, a player can post a farewell post but may not post afterwards. Once you are out of the game, no more posting.
  • Days will last approximately 48 hours. Nights will last 24 hours.
  • A breaking of any of these rules will usually result in a single warning before a rulebreaking player is modkilled. In severe cases, I reserve the right to modkill on the first offense.

Player List
  1. @Zachie Blade
  2. @Storm
  3. @Domozilla777
  4. @Mellow Ezlo
  5. @DekuNut
  6. @Minish_Link
  7. @Libk
  8. @Pendio
  9. @Johnny Sooshi
Day 1 Begins!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day will end on Tuesday, June 20th, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote: Tristan
Sloths suk
Y-you MONSTER!!!

140715-baby-sloth-orphanage-rescue-vin_640x360_304699971673.jpg

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
so a cow and a sloth walk into a bar... I forgot the rest, but your mother's a whore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom