• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I hate Day One no-lynches. It gets us nowhere and gives scum a free kill. Though I do find reminders of Storm's playstyle to be true enough. It doesn't confirm him, but it gives him a pass for now.
I'm gonna try to do a basic reads list a little later, probably after work. But for now...
Who am I voting for, Tristan I think?
Unvote

Mezlo (11): As usual, a strong player. Seems the towniest to me thus far, due to how he was the first to point out that this is Storm's MO instead of crucifying him, or even just continuing on the wagon, which he could've done easily. He's remained level-headed on the matter. It could be a gambit, but everything else suggests goodness imo. Town.

And, as usual, I end up with very few actual scumreads. I'll need to look more into Dom and Storm, since I'm most likely to vote for one of them, but here's the basic results of my skim.

Was there something between these two posts that changed your mind? Before you unvoted you said you thought you would vote for Mezlo, and then just a bit later you say he looks the towniest to you. That seems like a huge leap with little to go off of.

Also, how does a no lynch give scum a free kill? They get a kill anyways at night, and we have a greater chance of lynching a townie from a random vote so that gets rid of two townies when it could be just one. Plus if we accidentally lynched the jailor with a random lynch, that puts in a a really bad spot since they could potentially roleblock one of the mafia and possibly prevent a kill.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Johnny (3): Get active boi. Would like to hear his current thoughts on Storm, after some of the conversation around him advanced over the last few hours since Johnny's last post. Though I don't see anything in his ISO that really calls me either direction, in my quick overview, gonna null him.

I'm sorry fam, been a busy day for me, but I do need to get a bit more engaged in this. :bubsy: Also, gonna quickly base my opinions of your reads as well as my reads here lol

Minish (3): Get active gurl. The second person to unvote, and the first to unvote a vote on an actual player, so that's a good start. Good reads on new players, but a little parroting of Tristan (though that wasn't exactly a point many argued against). I'm giving her more than null at her low post-rate due to how much I feel is in those few posts. However, it's still only a few posts. Null-town.

I would agree here. Can't say much more.

(3): I know you've been busy, but get active boi. Just like Pen asked him a few hours ago, I still want to know what's so interesting. Newbs usually freak out if they get RVSed. What's different in this case? Going null on him as well, since there's not much to go off in his few posts.

I would like to see more, especially since he said it was interesting that Domo made a claim so early.

(4): Get active boi. I like him bringing up the mass of unvotes. Unvoting when a lot of people are unvoting is a good place for scum to hide. Similar to Minish, null-town.

Would agree for sure with your analysis. Pendio is a great player for having that ability to blend in well in games. He's as good of scum as he is town, so some more activity will help to read him better.

(9): I've talked a fair amount about him already, and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind. Town.

Tbh, this is my first time interacting with Mr. Blade so I'm unable to really form an opinion. However, as someone who's used a fake claim to ride a game on the edge, I can say that I don't like seeing them from other players for how difficult they can be to read.

(9... or 10 now I guess): This boi's the scummiest scum that ever scummed :bubsy:

I'm prepping the gallows for you kid :P

(9): Playing it safe, like I'd expect a new person to. Newbscum are more likely to throw around their vote imo, at least earlier on. Gonna look more in-depth on how he talked about the Zachie wagon, but this post is just based on a quick skim. Right now, I'm more likely to provide advice than condemnation, but still could go either way. Null.

Depends on who the newb scum is partnered with. A team of newb scum play very differently than a team with a vet or two. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out.

(11): As usual, a strong player. Seems the towniest to me thus far, due to how he was the first to point out that this is Storm's MO instead of crucifying him, or even just continuing on the wagon, which he could've done easily. He's remained level-headed on the matter. It could be a gambit, but everything else suggests goodness imo. Town.

I think that's a good read of Tristan, but keep in mind that he could also see it as a weak foundation to push a lynch on. I wouldn't expect a veteran scum player to push a lynch when they don't have much to push it on. I also think I'm just a bit too cautious when I play sometimes lol.

(18): Of course he has the most posts. Of course. And... well, he's being Storm. Hard to read, jumping to conclusions, all seems about right. Though he hasn't claimed doctor yet, so that's a plus. His statistics bit is really weird. Null.

kek

in all honesty though Storm is playing the way he usually does. For all of the radically different moves he's pulled playing these games, he does a good job of staying consistent as both Town and Mafia, which makes it hard to read him as town, but also makes it tough to push home the idea that he's possibly scum.

First...
Unvote

With all of it going on, while it's suspicious, I want my vote off of Minish_Link because that was the first post in the game lol. I just wanted to make a vote before the game started to pick up.

As far as what Storm's said goes, I would say he's not wrong in his opinons of Zachie. Giving a new player a free pass because they claim in response to pressure, however random or otherwise it was, isn't a good idea. But I do think that it's a bit more interesting how Zachie gets 3 votes on him this early, especially when they're all "RVS" votes, and then after we start looking into those votes, the voters start backing off. Scum could just as easily be hiding in among those players.

If I were to vote right now I would either put pressure on Storm for his vote on Zach, or put pressure on Zach for his reasoning behind the claim.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Well I am not quite as good at reading people as you all are but we'll see how it goes.

Johnny:

I don't know much about you, but you seem pretty clean, I won't worry about you but IGMEOY.

Minish link:

I know nothing about you. But you seem ok.

Libk:

You haven't posted much but you have my attention, we'll see about you...

Pendio:

You seem suspicious... I'm not sure why? But you do.

Zachie Blade:

The fact that DekuNut is vouching for you makes me want to keep an eye on you and DekuNut. So I think I'll re-vote on you below.

DekuNut:

As I said, I am keeping an eye on you but you are not positively scum imo.

Domozilla777:

He seems a little suspicious xD

Mezlo:

I like you :)

Storm:

Oh gosh where do I start?

Overall I think I have the beginnings of a good idea of who could be scum. In the end though, I have to...

Vote: Zachie Blade

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Was there something between these two posts that changed your mind? Before you unvoted you said you thought you would vote for Mezlo, and then just a bit later you say he looks the towniest to you. That seems like a huge leap with little to go off of.

Minish, could you find and quote the post where he said he might vote for for Tristan? I'd like to be able to see it for myself, but idk where I should be looking and I'm lazy af rn lol

Also, how does a no lynch give scum a free kill? They get a kill anyways at night, and we have a greater chance of lynching a townie from a random vote so that gets rid of two townies when it could be just one. Plus if we accidentally lynched the jailor with a random lynch, that puts in a a really bad spot since they could potentially roleblock one of the mafia and possibly prevent a kill.

It's a free kill in the sense that scum usually goes for a nk with a player that's relatively inactive or that wasn't on to much info, or too much info. Basically someone that you can't read them on. Or worse, they'll frame someone. While Day 1 scum lynches aren't common, a lynch can help polarize certain members and give players better insight into who to vote for.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
so a cow and a sloth walk into a bar... I forgot the rest, but your mother's a whore
That's offensive & I don't want to see more of it. :(

VOTE: Storm
Hello, Zach, this is our first real casual interaction. there is a fine line between Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Informer. If youre going to vote me up because of my verdant lexicon, that's not based on anything besides my words, and therefore I am a bit sus
Unvote

Vote: Zach Cowbell

I think it's worth noting that one, if not both, of these votes is VERY reactionary. While Zach's vote could have been playing off of the RVS fun, Storm's response is definitely in reaction and I think it's worth noting.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Minish, could you find and quote the post where he said he might vote for for Tristan? I'd like to be able to see it for myself, but idk where I should be looking and I'm lazy af rn lol
I hate Day One no-lynches. It gets us nowhere and gives scum a free kill. Though I do find reminders of Storm's playstyle to be true enough. It doesn't confirm him, but it gives him a pass for now.
I'm gonna try to do a basic reads list a little later, probably after work. But for now...
Who am I voting for, Tristan I think?
Unvote

Here's the quote. It was just a brief line right before an unvote, but I still think it's odd how he changed his mind so quickly since he was saying Tristan seems the most townie to him just a little bit after this.

It's a free kill in the sense that scum usually goes for a nk with a player that's relatively inactive or that wasn't on to much info, or too much info. Basically someone that you can't read them on. Or worse, they'll frame someone. While Day 1 scum lynches aren't common, a lynch can help polarize certain members and give players better insight into who to vote for.

I think that makes more sense in a vanilla game, since you don't really get much to go off besides people's actions/behaviors, but in a game where we have a couple of town action roles, I just don't feel like that applies as much. With a random vote, it's still hard to read much into it going into day 2, at least for me. I do see how it can turn out to be beneficial going into day 2 if we happen to make the right decisions, but it's still pretty risky with the jailor and tracker in the game, when we don't know for certain it would give us any solid info.

Mido

Version 1
CURRENT VOTE TALLY
Storm - 1( Zachie Blade)
DekuNut - 1 (Libk)
Libk - 1 (Pendio)
Zachie Blade - 1 (Domozilla777)

Yet To Vote: : Storm, DekuNut, Minish_Link, Mellow Ezlo, Johnny Sooshi

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day will end on Tuesday, June 20th, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

A bit less than an hour remains

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Here's the quote. It was just a brief line right before an unvote, but I still think it's odd how he changed his mind so quickly since he was saying Tristan seems the most townie to him just a little bit after this.

Oh gotcha. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he was asking rhetorically to himself more or less. It was more of him checking to see who his vote was on already before unvoting. I don't think he was actually that suspicious of Tristan, and his previous vote was random from earlier.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Well by the looks of it we all have our own opinions on the matter so as is, by the time 23:00 rolls around I doubt any of these will have 5 votes so how does this work? If the majority is not voting then does nobody get lynched? Or is it like after they are accused, we vote to lynch them or not?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Oh gotcha. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he was asking rhetorically to himself more or less. It was more of him checking to see who his vote was on already before unvoting. I don't think he was actually that suspicious of Tristan, and his previous vote was random from earlier.

Ah, yes that definitely makes sense. I just read it the wrong way and took it to mean he was going to vote for Tristan. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well by the looks of it we all have our own opinions on the matter so as is, by the time 23:00 rolls around I doubt any of these will have 5 votes so how does this work? If the majority is not voting then does nobody get lynched? Or is it like after they are accused, we vote to lynch them or not?

Majority just means that as soon as someone reaches that amount of votes they are lynched and the day ends then. Otherwise, the day ends at the set time and the person with the most amount of votes is lynched.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Damn, I missed twilight...
Well, if my number isn't drawn to die (1 in 3 chance, woot for Libk having work at 4am and not unvoting his RVS vote)
I think Johnny explained me pretty well. The mafia can kill off someone and we as the town are in the exact same position Day 2 as we are Day 1. Nothing happens that makes the game better for us. And he also got me right about the Tristan thing. My previous vote was Tristan, I was double-checking to myself, never actually wanted to lynch him.
Welp, if I'm dead, gl all, and if I'm not... well, I hope one among Libk and Zachie is scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom