• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword and Shield Accesories for Zelda Wii

C

celibi88

Just what us wii owners need, more plastic crap. :dry:

I jk. Wouldn't the blade get in the way of the pointer?

no if you look close enough you can see the bade is out of the pointers way

also even if it might not fit with all the weapons and whatnot but it would still be a cool something to add to a collection

I gotta agree with Basement on this. A peripheral like this would make the gameplay more difficult because of other items in Link's repertoire. I will admit that holding an actual sword and shield, even if it's just cheap plastic, would be pretty cool. But there's no way it could be done practically. At least not with the current technology. Maybe in the far future. :P

What would be cool is if there was a new periphery released with the game that replaced the nunchuk with a new one that had better motion sensing so that you could swing it in front of the wiimote to use it as a shield...
That is actually a good idea. I had once thought of something kinda like that back when the Wii had first come out. I thought of having a game with realistic swordplay in which the Wiimote and Nunchuk acted as your sword and shield, respectively. Although, back then I didn't realize that the Wiimote's motion detection wasn't that great. Now with Wii Motion Plus you could do it, but as you mentioned, we'd need something for the Nunchuk as well. But that would be awesome.

also even if it might not fit with all the weapons and whatnot but it would still be a cool something to add to a collection
True, but I think if they were going to make a collectors item, it should either be designed to work properly with the game or device it goes with. If not that, then I think it would be better to make it not be a peripheral for a game at all. Peripherals are supposed to work. Other collectors items can be whatever you want. ;)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Honestly I don't like that idea. I mean, yes, it's cool with the idea of making it seem like you're actually holding the Master Sword and Shield in your hands as your playing the game, but I don't feel that it's actually needed in order to help you or enhance your experience playing the game. Also it would be pretty hard to actually use the buttons on the Nunchuk as well as both the Nunchuk and Wiimote at the same time when you're having to use them for other items.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
It would be cool, but the controls would be crap. And if someone would watch while i play, I would most likely chop their heads of in a swing :P

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
OMG more posts :P

When I play Wii Sports Resort I have no problem playing swordplay without an actual sword. Great and cool idea, just *** to use :3
I guess Nintendo wants you to use your imagination. When I played TP on the Wii, I managed to live in the game (kinda)
You know, getting the feeling that you are Link. It kind of felt that I wasn't swinging the WiiMote, but the Master Sword.
Only imagination sets limits :)

Ikana

Trollkastel
That would look to silly to do I would be made fun of if my friends saw me doing that.Besides you have to many items to work with that you would quickly change the wii mote and nunchuck just to use the arrows.

H

Hero-Of-Time

For Twilight Princess it would be an inconvienence and pretty stupid, but i think for the upcoming Skyward Sword it would be pretty cool and add to the realism.

I don't think it would be a good idea because the Wiimote and Nunchuk are used for so many other things than just the sword and shield. It would be limiting the idea of the control system that they seem to like to present that it can take on the form of almost anything in a game when need be. (Just look at the trailer for Wii Sports Resort to see what I mean on this).

So, to house the controller in a plastic sword would be eliminating that Nintendo philosophy that the controllers take on the form of in-game objects. It would be mighty odd to use the bow (Nunchuck) and arrow (Wiimote) when housed in sword & shield formations.

Exactly this...

I don't want to control a Beetle, throw/roll a bomb, shoot a slingshot with a Sword and Shield; that might be a little (or very) awkward and off-putting. Also, what if your sword isn't even equipped?

N

NicNiku

What would be cool is if there was a new periphery released with the game that replaced the nunchuk with a new one that had better motion sensing so that you could swing it in front of the wiimote to use it as a shield...

An official wireless nunchunk would have my vote! Not too fussed about a false shield and sword. The sexy looking gold wii motion plus remote will be more than enough for me! ^__^ As soon as my local game store opens up pre-orders, I am ALL over this game! LOL

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
it looks cool but there would be many ways it wouldn't work. One, as many people said it would just be weird using different items with the sword and shield. Two, i would probably stab a lamp or something =\ three, there's no space to plug in the wii motion plus :lol:
but yes it does seem kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom