• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword and Shield Accesories for Zelda Wii

Megamannt125

Blue Link
So I was just casually browsing Google Images when I came across this picture:
zelda-wii-2.jpg

Wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo actually did something like this for Zelda Wii?
I think it would help add to the experience a bit and who wouldn't love to swing around a Master Sword instead of a Wiimote?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't think it would be a good idea because the Wiimote and Nunchuk are used for so many other things than just the sword and shield. It would be limiting the idea of the control system that they seem to like to present that it can take on the form of almost anything in a game when need be. (Just look at the trailer for Wii Sports Resort to see what I mean on this).

So, to house the controller in a plastic sword would be eliminating that Nintendo philosophy that the controllers take on the form of in-game objects. It would be mighty odd to use the bow (Nunchuck) and arrow (Wiimote) when housed in sword & shield formations.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I don't think it would be a good idea because the Wiimote and Nunchuk are used for so many other things than just the sword and shield. It would be limiting the idea of the control system that they seem to like to present that it can take on the form of almost anything in a game when need be. (Just look at the trailer for Wii Sports Resort to see what I mean on this).

So, to house the controller in a plastic sword would be eliminating that Nintendo philosophy that the controllers take on the form of in-game objects. It would be mighty odd to use the bow (Nunchuck) and arrow (Wiimote) when housed in sword & shield formations.
Hm, I never thought of it that way, but it is still a nice idea.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't want to see more plastic junk for the wii-mote. It would look super silly to swing a large plastic sword and shield around then quickly put the wii-mote in a plastic bow thing to shoot an arrow. Like basement24 said, a lot of plastic junk wouldn't benefit the gameplay at all.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Like most peopel on here have said, it'd just be silly to do. We don't need any (more) accessories that only deal with one game. Plus, like Basement and Smitie said, it would be pointless with the other items that would be needed throughout the game.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Even though it could/would be an inconvenience, I know I still find the concept of swinging a plastic master sword wiimote around appealing :3
It's a cool idea, but hard to put into practice lol. darn it.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I agree with basement, it would just be more collector's junk and more plastic stuff you play with for a week and then you forget about it and it ends up in the trash or get's all dusty and scratched up and then you throw it away it is just pointless to have this junk, I mean really.:tired::nerd:

dumb180

Warrior Postman
On paper, it's a cool idea. But it sounds like it would involve playing Zelda while standing up. I've gotta admit: I'm not into that. (standing up) :lol:

DCMN

Hero of Internet
They are AWESOME. 0_0
I want one of those, of course it'd be cool if Nintendo made official ones!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't think that's possible for me. I don't mind those little NERF Wii-Sports accessories (foam baseball bat, golf club, etc.), but those things wouldn't work out unless Link had the ability to use the Master Sword's power to create a bow and arrow. ;)

I mean, for starters, I don't even use the pointer in Twilight Princess (Wii version)! What makes you think that unneeded weight will justify that? That would be like putting on a NES controller skin on every time you played a Virtual Console game (OK, that, I defiantly wouldn't mind! :P), which would be tedious. Plus, there's no little grip slit under the nunchuck to place your hand, so you can't handle the nunchuck at all.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
What would be cool is if there was a new periphery released with the game that replaced the nunchuk with a new one that had better motion sensing so that you could swing it in front of the wiimote to use it as a shield...

S

Super Stalfo

OMG!! that would be the best ever! that would make the game so much cooler if they did that! it would make the expirience so much better and the shield would be the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom