• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Superhero Movies 2015-2020

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Between DC, Marvel, and Fox, we have 29 movies coming out in the next five years. What ones are you looking forward to the most? The least? Who has the better line-up? Here's a link for reference

I've always been a DC fangirl, the characters appeal to me more and i think when DC are on form they can tell better stories with their characters than Marvel ever could with their own... that being said, Marvel are playing the movie game well and are wiping the floor with any competition be it Fox or DC...

As for the movies coming out I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad, Batman V Superman and the following Justice League films. I'm not on board with most of the casting in DC's films, i can't see Will Smith as Deadshot, I don't like the idea of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman either... But i'm remaining hopeful. I liked Man of Steel so maybe it'll all be okay.

I'm curious about The Inhumans and phase three in general for Marvel. I know Captain Marvel has a strong link to The Inhumans so i'm curious to see how tightly they'll fit together.

I'm also curious about Civil War/Cap America 3 just to see if they kill off a major Avenger character.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm a little more reprehensive when it comes to Will Smith. I always am when they put a big-name actor on a role like this (except for The Rock as Black Adam... that's perfect on so many levels).

The Marvel movies are definitely murdering Fox, and Sony's given up, but I have a feeling that there's potential in the DC movies. Let's hope I'm right on that... they definitely have the better comics.

Pen

The game is on!
There's a whole bunch of upcoming films that have caught my interest. Here's a list of what I'm really looking forward to right now:

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Deadpool
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse
Untitled Wolverine Sequel
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2

Yeah, I'm generally a pretty big fan of Marvel. :) I'm especially looking forward to X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool and the new Wolverine film. ^^

Also, that Gambit film, is that gonna be a solo film with Gambit from X-Men or what...? :\ If that's the case, then that sounds truly MARVELous! c:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Captain America: Civil War, which may as well be Avengers 2.5, is definitely at the top of my list, with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 right behind it. Or perhaps ahead of it... Let's say they're sharing the top spot, then.

DC's output hasn't really impressed me so far. I'm looking forward to what they're doing but there's no stand-outs, they're lagging behind Marvel badly in my eyes. As for Fox, they've been doing a good job of the X-Men with only a few hiccups, and I'm looking forward to their stuff, although no more Hugh Jackman as Wolverine will be a sad sad day. Give him more money, give him anything!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Nothing. Honestly I'm tired of it all. Take a hiatus on super hero movies.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I don't care about comic books and superheroes for the most part, but I've always liked Batman. I guess that means Batman v. Superman is the one I'm looking forward to.

I also love that new Daredevil show (binge-watched it in 2 days), but that's not a movie.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan of superhero movies, but this will completely saturate the market and everyone will be sick of the films by the time 2020 comes.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Adam Sandler-esque comedies and Micheal Bay-esque action films have saturated the market for years and they still make hella money with droves of people coming in to see them; anyway, this isn't much more superhero films than we've seen in the past half-decade or so. A good few of these movies, especially from DC, will only be made based on how well previous films do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom