• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Originals vs Clones (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting to me is that we know which players deal what amount of damage. This could be indicative of roles, i.e. a more powerful character (such as Ganondorf or Bowser) will deal more damage than a weaker character (such as Jigglypuff or Kirby). DekuNut's paltry 5% seems to indicate to me that he's part of the latter, same with Spiritual Mask Salesman dealing a significantly larger 16% to myself indicating the former.

We can use this to speculate who might be a clone. For example, I believe Ganondorf is statistically the most powerful character in Smash 4, and is also an infamous clone of Captain Falcon. We can look at people throughout the game who are dealing large amounts of damage and speculate from there.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm guessing that it's a random amount. If not, then why would we have the range?
Also, my argument for David is that I never support taking it easy on good and/or inexperienced players. While he may be good in the future if he's town, if he's mafia I don't want to give him the chance to live that long. Right now I think he's the most likely to be mafia.
Correct. It'll be a random amount in between your parameter.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What's interesting to me is that we know which players deal what amount of damage. This could be indicative of roles, i.e. a more powerful character (such as Ganondorf or Bowser) will deal more damage than a weaker character (such as Jigglypuff or Kirby). DekuNut's paltry 5% seems to indicate to me that he's part of the latter, same with Spiritual Mask Salesman dealing a significantly larger 16% to myself indicating the former.

We can use this to speculate who might be a clone. For example, I believe Ganondorf is statistically the most powerful character in Smash 4, and is also an infamous clone of Captain Falcon. We can look at people throughout the game who are dealing large amounts of damage and speculate from there.
I can't confirm the first part, since my character is strongly middle tier in both games he's in. Besides, that's the lowest amount of damage I can deal. So I'm not sure that quite works. Good try though.

Jamie

Twilight yo

David

But you called me here...
We still in Twilight? Hope so.

I'll assume past history. David is actually a really good player.

DekuNut beat me to the punch on this. I'm basing my ideas on David's previous demonstrations of skill.

Gee thanks guys! I wasn't trying to keep us off track. Nothing was happening when I posted. People were voting for whoever at that point, and I just wanted some help with my Smash playing. If I were really Mafia, I promise I wouldn't do something that detrimental to the town. When I was Godfather years ago, I was one of the most proactive members of the game and made sure my group of Mafia were all finding all of the scum. We won really quickly because people followed our arguments.

Don't use that to say my inactivity or lack of posts makes me scum, because that game was years ago. I'm merely pointing out that there are many different ways to play scum.

Unless it's Sm4sh. Then there's no Ice Climbers
Besides, the Mason's in the last game were Mario and Luigi, when the Ice Climbers were very much open.

Based on my character, I'd bet we are in Smash 4. My character made his debut in Smash 4.

So guys, leave me in the game, I'll help, I promise.

Jamie

We are in smash 4 ^^ all of the characters are from smash 4. Sorry for the delay on the day scene I'm not feeling well. I'll get it up asap

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
We still in Twilight? Hope so.

Gee thanks guys! I wasn't trying to keep us off track. Nothing was happening when I posted. People were voting for whoever at that point, and I just wanted some help with my Smash playing. If I were really Mafia, I promise I wouldn't do something that detrimental to the town. When I was Godfather years ago, I was one of the most proactive members of the game and made sure my group of Mafia were all finding all of the scum. We won really quickly because people followed our arguments.

Don't use that to say my inactivity or lack of posts makes me scum, because that game was years ago. I'm merely pointing out that there are many different ways to play scum.

Based on my character, I'd bet we are in Smash 4. My character made his debut in Smash 4.

So guys, leave me in the game, I'll help, I promise.
True, but you could've made another thread for that elsewhere. That just didn't seem right, especially since we were starting to get down to business (albeit very slowly).
And you're right. There ARE many different ways to play scum.

David

But you called me here...
True, but you could've made another thread for that elsewhere. That just didn't seem right, especially since we were starting to get down to business (albeit very slowly).
And you're right. There ARE many different ways to play scum.

I could have, yes. You're right. But just a few tips on how to play smash would have been nice.

Also, I was hoping to use it as bait. See if someone would ask about my current character or give away something about their own.

Jamie

At first everyone was very quiet, afraid to attack each other. However, as the night approached, and they realized the realities of leaving everyone at full strength for the following days, they decided to make their moves. Some were random, and some were not. Ultimately, some damage was done.

Night Begins
The night will end 12:00 on Sunday Atlantic Time (meaning, 2 days and 5 hours from now)

Attacked Players Today:
Ver-go-a-go-go(1) - Spiritual Mask Salesman(16%)
Spiritual Mask Salesman(2) - Frozen Chosen(7%), Ver-go-a-go-go(15%)
David(1) - DekuNut(5%)
Crus@der77x(1) - Moonstone(15%)

Total Player Damage:
Ver-go-a-go-go - 16%
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 22%
David - 5%
Crus@der77x - 15%

Jamie

Sorry for the lateness everyone. I'll have the night scene up in a few hours. Hold on to your hats.

Jamie

Things were very crazy over the night. Ver-go-a-go-go was healed by a lovely friend, leaving him at full health! But then someone else felt they weren't as good friends with Vergo, and he ended up damaged at the end of the night :(

As the day loomed, it also became clear that another friend of everyone's took some damage--but not as much as our friend Vergo. Frozen Chosen woke up with a few bumps and bruises!

Total Player Damage:
Ver-go-a-go-go - 75%
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 22%
David - 5%
Crus@der77x - 15%
Frozen Chosen - 30%

The Day ends on Saturday, November 14th at 12:00 AM (5 days from now)

Day 2 begins!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I wonder if the lovely friend is Zelda. :) Interesting to see, so it looks like killing roles won't necessarily do enough damage to kill at night. Frozen took 30 damage but I wonder how much Vergo took. It might be helpful to decide which of the attacks were from the mafia, but since Vergo was at 16% yesterday, plus the heal, I think it's pretty safe to assume that his was the attack from the mafia.

I'm also wondering whether the attack on Frozen was a SK or Vig. IIRC, in the last Smash game Link was the vig, but I wasn't in the game I just checked it out from time to time. I didn't think Frozen had done much to earn suspicion, and if I were vig I don't think (s)he(?)'d be the one I would attack.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm thinking the Mafia is going to have low attack ranges in the day, high ones during the night. I'm almost certain it was the Mafia that attacked Vergo, maybe and SK or Vig who attacked Frozen. Anyway the lowest attack came from Dekunut, it's possible he could be a Mafioso.

Night Owl

~Momentai
SMS was the only one who attacked Vergo during the day, for being "inactive".
Perhaps the mafia may be trying to frame him for the attack. (unless SMS is mafia)

If it was the mafia that attacked Vergo, I think we can assume that vergo is safe, or at the very least not mafia.
I don't think mafia would generally try to off a team member at night.

I think daytime attacks are going to be lower in general compared to any night skills.
I don't think we can go off of attack strength to determine loyalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom