• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Originals vs Clones (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering this game doesn't use voting but attacking in order to find the clones, I'd suggest not using the voting scheme. We're smart enough to understand who is suspicious of who without the voting, right? I guess I'd just like to try playing the game like Rep planned, without voting. But it won't bother me if you guys still do it.

I haven't played with Moonstone before but I feel like she is most likely town. SMS is playing rather aggressively which is not too different from previous games, but I'm still suspicious. Another possible target would be Mido but that's just off a hunch.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Comparatively, I'm liking SMS thus far. He seems townish to me, as does Moonstone.
Fro, it's a better way of keeping track of past days in my opinion.
I don't want to attack today, but I feel we need a death to get going. I'm thinking David, who explicitly kept us off track, saying that he was gonna ask for Smash tips instead of trying to actually do stuff when that was the conversation at the time.

Mido

Version 1
Is that hunch the infamous "Mido is always scum, even when he isn't scum" quote?
Seems kind of suspicious to use such an arbitrary reason to suspect someone.

I don't think the Chosen of Frozen Proportions considered the quote, since the quote itself goes back to 2013! XD

@DekuNut: It's interesting that you mention David. I considered the same concerns earlier, but the only qualm I have at this time is that he is an incredibly valuable asset to the town. While that doesn't rule him out as scum, it's just something I had to be mindful of in my thinking.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't think the Chosen of Frozen Proportions considered the quote, since the quote itself goes back to 2013! XD

@DekuNut: It's interesting that you mention David. I considered the same concerns earlier, but the only qualm I have at this time is that he is an incredibly valuable asset to the town. While that doesn't rule him out as scum, it's just something I had to be mindful of in my thinking.

Are you saying what you said about David because of his past history with mafia or are you implying you already have some info we could use?

Moonstone

Ok, I thought as much. I was sort of hoping you were claiming mason with him. I'm assuming we have them (Ice Climbers)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ok, I thought as much. I was sort of hoping you were claiming mason with him. I'm assuming we have them (Ice Climbers)
Unless it's Sm4sh. Then there's no Ice Climbers
Besides, the Mason's in the last game were Mario and Luigi, when the Ice Climbers were very much open.

Mido

Version 1
Unless it's Sm4sh. Then there's no Ice Climbers
Besides, the Mason's in the last game were Mario and Luigi, when the Ice Climbers were very much open.

This actually makes me wonder, given our quote on quote 'clone' dilemma, could Luigi potentially be in the Mafia? (Not that his cloneliness is very potent at this point in Smash.)

Moonstone

This actually makes me wonder, given our quote on quote 'clone' dilemma, could Luigi potentially be in the Mafia? (Not that his cloneliness is very potent at this point in Smash.)

Is Luigi really considered a clone? Maybe in the first Smash but I always felt that his moves were unique enough to set him apart. When I think of a clone I think of Lucina to Marth, Toon Link to Link Dark Pit to Pit (though even Dark Pit has some unique moves IIRC, I haven't played much smash 4 in a while), Dr Mario to Mario.

Fig

The Altruist
I'd figure getting email notifications would help me out but it turns out only people I follow will those and post, only then will I receive an email so I apologize for not being as active. That said, I'll just make a quick post just to prove I'm alive.

Is Luigi really considered a clone? Maybe in the first Smash but I always felt that his moves were unique enough to set him apart. When I think of a clone I think of Lucina to Marth, Toon Link to Link Dark Pit to Pit (though even Dark Pit has some unique moves IIRC, I haven't played much smash 4 in a while), Dr Mario to Mario.

What people consider a clone will differ between people. What I'm about to say only refers to what I believe makes a clone may not be the same for another person. The casual Smash player generally thinks if characters are clones if they share moves with another character, usually meaning 2-4 moves apparently makes that character clone. They might not be able to realize it, but there are more moves in Smash than just the specials so naturally I look at the entire moveset of a character and compare with another before stating dumb statements. Nonetheless here's my interpretation of what makes a character a clone:

Luigi was considered a clone only for N64 Smash. Once Melee arrived, his moveset varied much more compared to Mario while still having several of the same moves. This is what we call a semi-clone. Dr. Mario on the other hand is a direct clone to Mario when it comes to Melee. The only difference between the two was that Dr. Mario was much stronger, slightly slower, and any move that had a fire effect in Mario's moveset was altered to have an electrical effect. When it comes to Melee, there were a total of six clones plus a semi-clone (Luigi). These six characters include the following:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Falco
  • Ganondorf
  • Pichu
  • Roy
  • Young Link
In Brawl there were no clones within its roster, however there were still semi-clones and one psuedo-clone (Wolf). The two Melee clones that weren't cut from Brawl had their movesets even more diverse from their "parent" character. To read more about the six semi-clones, click here.

In Smash 4, the return of true clones come back in the form of Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario. The Brawl semi-clones are still semi-clones with the addition of Roy. More information can be found here.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The day is supposed to be over now but I'm extending it until midnight as it seems there was some confusion + nothing got done.

I would like to point out that it does take multiple attacks to kill someone. In the end game, if there is say, a mafia member with no damage on them it would take multiple days to kill them if there were only a few townies, so playing overly conservatively is not a good idea.

I usually wouldn't give tips like this but I think it's imperative given the unusual format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom