• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Originals vs Clones (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
Considering this is the first day and only one attack is going to be dealt if the attack goes through without a change of heart, I personally would not attack someone due to the lack of information. Naturally if we were all to agree to target a player, chances are we are going to help the mafia since only they know who they are and thus we can lose a role such as a cop, doctor, etc. Not to mention there is only 14 players in this game so our choices are far more critical at this point than say Round/Day 1 of a 20-player game.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I guess anything we do is a shot in the dark at this point.

As much as killing a person would help bring information,
I'm thinking it might be better at this stage to attack randomly.
Spreading out the damage would ensure that we have fewer people with no damage when the critical endgame begins.
That would make it easier for the town to eliminate mafia when the time comes.

Fig

The Altruist
At this point, a shot in the dark is our only hope. I also agree that out the damage would be the wisest idea so that more players can more time to live when the game is nearing its end.

Mido

Version 1
Attack: Verga-go-go

He's the only person who hasn't posted at all, it's better than nothing considering you all seem to be not sure about David.

I say, I say: Vergo indeed posted today. While it wasn't necessarily a pivotal contribution, his words dictated an extremely accurate character study on Pendio! I like your approach, and I don't necessarily disagree, but I just wanted to point that out about Vergo!

I guess anything we do is a shot in the dark at this point.

As much as killing a person would help bring information,
I'm thinking it might be better at this stage to attack randomly.
Spreading out the damage would ensure that we have fewer people with no damage when the critical endgame begins.
That would make it easier for the town to eliminate mafia when the time comes.

I don't know about attacking randomly, but spreading out the attacks can potentially pay off, as long as we have reasons for attacking our respective players.

At this point, a shot in the dark is our only hope. I also agree that out the damage would be the wisest idea so that more players can more time to live when the game is nearing its end.

Okay. I agree with Night Owl and this statement by Fig. However, because Fig just basically contradicted his previous statements of advocating for no attacks based on lack of information, I find it a little funny. Fig is helping the game move along though, so I'll put my attack else where...

I don't know why, but my gut is telling me to attack SMS. It's not that he attacked first, but his aggressiveness for some reasons seems off. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it. Oh well.

Attack: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Fig

The Altruist
Okay. I agree with Night Owl and this statement by Fig. However, because Fig just basically contradicted his previous statements of advocating for no attacks based on lack of information, I find it a little funny. Fig is helping the game move along though, so I'll put my attack else where...

I don't know why, but my gut is telling me to attack SMS. It's not that he attacked first, but his aggressiveness for some reasons seems off. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it. Oh well.

Well I still believe in not attacking others, which is why I still won't target anyone because of lack of information. Sure while it's best not to hit anyone to prevent another casualty, what other option do we have? I'm still reluctant to target someone simply because I don't want to be a cause of death of an important role. Keep the essential roles are vital for our chance to win but at the same, it is best balance to balance out what is good for the town and what is good for each of us and for me I rather not target someone until something is brought up. I apologize if I sounded like I'm contradicting my thought process but it's somewhat similar to ideally fit with being Republican but voting Democratic for the betterment of society.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
@Repentance thanks for the extention and the explanation on attacking (I thought the day ended tonight) I'm at work right now on my phone and can't bold my votes but I am still thinking to attack Thar. I agree spreading the damage is good and he's really the only one that stuck out to me. I wasn't going to attack today but if we don't attack and get near the end like Rep was saying it might be hard to kill mafia if we don't use the attacks we have. If someone else attacks Thar while I'm at work I will choose someone else when I get home.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

My aggressiveness is due to the fact that doing nothing is very bad in this game, Repentence even said not doing anything would be bad for the town. We all should be aggressive, if one isn't the town probably isn't in their best interest.

Attack: Verga-go-go

He's the only person who hasn't posted at all, it's better than nothing considering you all seem to be not sure about David.

Might want to do your homework before you use that as your reason, champ. Reading is important in mafia.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell this format is, so I don't know about throwing non-refundable punches right off the bat on day one. Although from the tip Repentance gave us, it looks like we'll really work ourselves into a corner we get half-way through the game and a mafia member is at 0%. Since I'm slightly agitated by the good Mask Salesman up there, I believe I will return the courtesy and punch him in the face for the sake of it.

Also, Rep's tip gives us valuable insight into the way he thinks his game will be competitive and interesting. Him extending the day unilaterally suggests that we're going something wrong by not attacking, so I think it's best that we at least do something with that indication.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Attacked Players Today:
Ver-go-a-go-go(1) - Spiritual Mask Salesman(16%)
Spiritual Mask Salesman(2) - Frozen Chosen(7%), Ver-go-a-go-go(15%)
David(1) - DekuNut(5%)
Crus@der77x(1) - Moonstone(15%)

Total Player Damage:
Ver-go-a-go-go - 16%
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 22%
David - 5%
Crus@der77x - 15%

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
3 hours and 20 minutes remaining in the day.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I like Night Owl's idea that we spread out the damage among our players. However, we need to do it gradually. I suggest that we choose a few people per day based on who we all find the most suspicious. If we spread out the damage too much and bring too many people close to dying, we could be in just as much trouble at endgame as we would be if the scum had no damage at all. (They could deal one hit and kill a Townie...)

That being said... I don't really know who to attack. XD Based on solely what I said above and the attack percentages, I'd probably target David, but I hesitate to do that because he'd be helpful later in the game if he's Town. On the other hand, I have no way of telling what anyone else's defense is like except for basing it on my own, and I have no idea if mine is really high or really low or somewhere in between...

Also, just as clarification: are we always going to deal the same amount of damage? Is that what the attack parameter is for? (I'm really sorry; I know this has been explained a thousand times, but I just want to make sure I really understand this system.) If so, we definitely should keep a list of everyone's attack levels for future reference.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm guessing that it's a random amount. If not, then why would we have the range?
Also, my argument for David is that I never support taking it easy on good and/or inexperienced players. While he may be good in the future if he's town, if he's mafia I don't want to give him the chance to live that long. Right now I think he's the most likely to be mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom