• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If Fig was te Jack of all trades, then he may have had a 1-shot cop ability. This means he may have found out who someone was on the first night and tried to get a lynch out of it, so what I propose is that we read back through that day and see who he's suspicious of. Or he didn't use it/have it and he was just suspicious anyway.
Yeah this is something we need to take into account. However I want to hear from everyone who voted for Fig near the end of the day first. It's not so much their reasoning, but their timing that irks me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
No, we cannot assume there in no Cult. A Cult recruitment can fail for several reasons. Take LotR Mafia for example where I was the Cult Leader. In that game I did not successfully recruit anybody until night 5. Just saying.

Why did that happen? I wasn't paying attention to that game even though I was the co-mod

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Yeah this is something we need to take into account. However I want to hear from everyone who voted for Fig near the end of the day first. It's not so much their reasoning, but their timing that irks me.

I did vote for him very late yes but only because I thought it was going to end up in a no vote and I thought that the town would suffer more then it would help the town. But my suspicions on fig didn't start at the end of the day if anyone noticed I told some of my suspicions on him during day 2. I didn't vote for him then just because I thought that more was going to happen and didn't think anyone was going to agree.

Pen

The game is on!
Why did that happen? I wasn't paying attention to that game even though I was the co-mod

The first three nights I accidentally targeted Mafiosi actually. The Mafia is pretty much always recruit immune. And on the fourth night I think I recruited one of the rare recruit immune Townies. So it was not until night five that I managed to successfully convert Heroine into my Cult. Sure, we ended up winning the game eventually, but it definitely did not start out very well for me.

Anyway, there is also a role called the Alarmist if I remember correctly who can prevent a Cult recruitment if it manages to target the same player as the Cult Leader on the night of a converting.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The first three nights I accidentally targeted Mafiosi actually. The Mafia is pretty much always recruit immune. And on the fourth night I think I recruited one of the rare recruit immune Townies. So it was not until night five that I managed to successfully convert Heroine into my Cult. Sure, we ended up winning the game eventually, but it definitely did not start out very well for me.

Anyway, there is also a role called the Alarmist if I remember correctly who can prevent a Cult recruitment if it manages to target the same player as the Cult Leader on the night of a converting.

Fair enough. In Mods vs Mafia, I know that if the Cult leader targeted a mafioso, the cult leader would die. But there could be a rare-case of recruit-immune townies here, but I still think there is a greater chance of a survivor out there than cult.

---

@JC: It was Figs post in Day 1 calling out ALIT to be an unlockable that made me vote him.

Still voting Poka for now though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I have another question (that isn't necessarily limited to you), if he's the mafia roleblocker, then why hasn't the town roleblocker stepped up to say that he's the "other" roleblocker, or why didn't the town roleblocker block him?

Because that would be giving themselves away, more or less. The Mafia is continually on the hunt for power roles (they'd be severely disappointed if they went after me), so if the "real" Roleblocker came out into the open then they would eliminate him or her. There's also the chance that the Town RB is currently inactive, though.

By the way, I'd recommend taking this probability with a grain of salt, because nothing has been confirmed. Some statements made by Go Dark Link simply don't match up with the events in the Night scene, such as not having wings when the character who stopped the supposed Villager/Serial Killer clearly had wings protruding from his "cloak". Therefore, the implication is that there's either a second Roleblocker, another kind of interventional role, or that GDL is hiding something. Given how many Mafiosos there are, the former makes the most sense to me.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Big Octo, if you could lynch anyone today, who would you pick?

EBW maybe]/b]

Because that would be giving themselves away, more or less. The Mafia is continually on the hunt for power roles (they'd be severely disappointed if they went after me), so if the "real" Roleblocker came out into the open then they would eliminate him or her. There's also the chance that the Town RB is currently inactive, though.

Chances are there's also a doctor that can protect the town blocker. Plus, at least we'd be able to lynch scum. And let's be honest, I'd really like a dead mafia member. :P

By the way, I'd recommend taking this probability with a grain of salt, because nothing has been confirmed. Some statements made by Go Dark Link simply don't match up with the events in the Night scene, such as not having wings when the character who stopped the supposed Villager/Serial Killer clearly had wings protruding from his "cloak". Therefore, the implication is that there's either a second Roleblocker*, another kind of interventional role**, or that GDL is hiding something***. Given how many Mafiosos there are, the former makes the most sense to me.

*Second blocker, you say? :P (I doubt the mafia roleblocker would reveal themself, I think they'd just try to secretly get the SK lynched or, more likely, NK them. Considering the second blocker hasn't said anything, and they're aware of the game enough to send in a night action, I think the second blocker is the mafia role blocker.)

**What kind of other "interventional role" can you think of? Again, I doubt it's a Jailkeeper. Any other suggestions?

***What kind of thing could GDL be hiding? Obviously the truth, but what specific things are you thinking of?

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm don't know what kind of things Jamie excludes from the night scenes, but it's possible that Kirino is a cult leader who was roleblocked or something along those lines. And maybe the CL targeted somebody who is immune on night 1 or 2, and the target therefore didn't get recruited. Or something like that, idk.

Although, I can't really think of any characters in the franchise that would really fit as a cult leader. Unless there are bosses in the game, which I doubt. I think, at this point, it is actually safe to assume there is no cult in this game. More likely, the second third party role is simply a survivor or a lyncher or something. There are actually quite a few characters who could be good candidates to be a lyncher (Ganondorf, Bowser, etc.), whereas I currently can't think of a character that might be a survivor.

I know this post is really confusing and poorly written, but I've had a long day and I'm reeaaally tired. I'll post more substance later.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Did Draco change his name?

(Sorry have not been able to look into them, I had people over/went to see a movie with them.

Kirino

Tatakae
Assuming GDL is telling the truth (which I'm inclined to believe he is), then it seems that the Mafia Roleblocker targeted the SK. Hopefully they'll do us both a favor and eliminate it tonight. The vig probably just chose not to make a kill today.

I can see why people are voting for Pokalink, since (combined with the previous day's suspicions) the fused, who I believe was by far the most suspicious of Poka and pushed for his lynch heavily, was nightkilled today. The Mafia could have attempted to frame Poka by killing fused, of course (which is perhaps exactly what Poka and the other Mafia are counting on people thinking), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Poka is Mafia and did it to get rid of fused, and think there's a decent possibility of that being the case. As such, I wouldn't be against lynching him in lieu of any other options, especially since it might give us more information.

I have no real qualms with how Fig was lynched I just don't like the way it popped up at the end. Draco (I cba saying your new name), why didn't you speak up earlier about Fig?

Not much was going on throughout the day and I didn't find anyone truly suspicious (at least not enough to confidently push a lynch), so I got lazy and neglected to post. I noticed time was running up, so I rushed and gave my thoughts on all the current suspects, with Fig coming off as the most suspicious to me, slightly moreso than Pokalink. I wanted to get at least one post in during the day, and, probably most importantly, I really didn't want another no lynch, so I took a shot and went for Fig, perhaps a little rashly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom