• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Can we have more people pipe in on Pen and Fro? Even if you don't have anything original to say, just say which side of the fence you're on.

Does one have to be on one or the other necessarily? Less experienced players should be encouraged to suggest new lynch candidates too. I just do not want to well too much on too few suspects. Since I know that I am Town and since my suspicions on FroCho are not huge at this time, I think it would definitely be good to look into others (as well as the ones that we are already looking at). I have been looking back in the thread and I am trying to find some fresh leads. Sadly I do not have a lot of time to play today or tomorrow though, since I am in the middle of a move, but I will do my best to keep up.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Does one have to be on one or the other necessarily? Less experienced players should be encouraged to suggest new lynch candidates too. I just do not want to well too much on too few suspects. Since I know that I am Town and since my suspicions on FroCho are not huge at this time, I think it would definitely be good to look into others (as well as the ones that we are already looking at). I have been looking back in the thread and I am trying to find some fresh leads. Sadly I do not have a lot of time to play today or tomorrow though, since I am in the middle of a move, but I will do my best to keep up.
This is true. I was just mentioning you two in specific in hopes of getting people to talk some more about the game. Give some direction. If anyone else has a new target by all means point them out to us.

Reactions: Pen
Oh, and I just thought of another possible theory. What if the attack on me was some sort of homing attack? There are both items and character attacks in Smash Bros that home in on the other players, so what if I was targeted by something like that. An attack like this would have probably found its way to me even though I am commuting at night.

I've been trying to think of a homing item in smash, but none come to mind. Are there any?

Ok so has anyone ever thought about a Megaman-like role? I think it's highly possible he could be in the game and I bet my house that the role associated is close to Megaman's Smash attack gauge thing. Thoughts?

I think Mega Man would be a Jack-of-All Trades. Maybe that's the reason some of the night hits?

Additional notes:

@Heroine of Time Passively defends Alit and Johnny. She sits on the fence on both lynches while quickly changing topic. Then she dissappears until the next day. Not exactly a ton of evidence since she's only posted a few times, but, Heroine, you're not safe. Also she somewhat supported Frozen's 'spread the damage' idea as well. Basically what I've got from Heroine's post is an extremely passive approach with no real attempt at trying to scum hunt. She tends to use other's reasonings to form her own suspicion and passes the question off to someone else.

But Heroine of Time has been almost completely inactive, while Mafia has not. To me, that doesn't add up.

Also, @DekuNut I'm a little concerned that you've remained undamaged. Not saying that I'm particularly suspicios of you, just curious. It's probably nothing, but I figured I mentioned it.

This is true. I was just mentioning you two in specific in hopes of getting people to talk some more about the game. Give some direction. If anyone else has a new target by all means point them out to us.

My suspicions, besides Pendio, would fall on Tristan. He heavily pushed for a Doc lynch and then quickly voted for Toxic. When JC called him out on it, he said he got a little excited. And maybe that's true, but I'm still suspicious because of it. There was something else about him but I can't remember. I'll look back to find it.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well it's all well and good you guys saying "Don't lynch us, find other targets", but you have to provide reasons why. I've looked through the thread and the two people stuck out the most were Frozen and Toxic. Yeah Toxic flipped Town, but I think a lot of people were suspicious of him. And Pendio you're in this discussion mainly because of the night scene. I actually was going to make a post about you, but I focused on Frozen instead. I'm not sure what lynch it was, but there was one were you were very passive and then just jumped on the bandwagon last minute to lynch scum.

Well it's all well and good you guys saying "Don't lynch us, find other targets", but you have to provide reasons why. I've looked through the thread and the two people stuck out the most were Frozen and Toxic. Yeah Toxic flipped Town, but I think a lot of people were suspicious of him. And Pendio you're in this discussion mainly because of the night scene. I actually was going to make a post about you, but I focused on Frozen instead. I'm not sure what lynch it was, but there was one were you were very passive and then just jumped on the bandwagon last minute to lynch scum.

What are your thoughts on Tristan? Do you find him suspicious?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm still skeptical of Pendio's claim. Typically commuter's only evading during certain patters, such as odd nights or evens, but if we look at last night, where he avoided damage, that was night 4, and then the night that he took damage (if I'm looking at this correctly) was night 2 (right here: Jul 3, 2016). From what I can tell, night 1 ended with no events? Jun 29, 2016

The general role of a commuter can be read here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commuter

Anyway, I'm still holding on to my attack until I'm more certain. I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

Ive already told Cop to investigate him. But it doesn't matter what I think at this present time, it matters what you think.

What? I've already said what I think. Did you miss it? And if you're implying that I should attack, I already used mine for the day. If Pendio flips town, Tristan would be my next focus.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm still skeptical of Pendio's claim. Typically commuter's only evading during certain patters, such as odd nights or evens, but if we look at last night, where he avoided damage, that was night 4, and then the night that he took damage (if I'm looking at this correctly) was night 2 (right here: Jul 3, 2016). From what I can tell, night 1 ended with no events? Jun 29, 2016

The general role of a commuter can be read here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commuter

Anyway, I'm still holding on to my attack until I'm more certain. I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.
Could be an X-shot, we've seen a few in this game. Though he's still not anywhere out the firing line in my opinion. So if he survives today, someone needs to track him. Watcher needs to target Regal, Doc can target Libk so we still have a trusted Townie. That's risky if we don't have either a Watcher it Tracker though. Hopefully we do. But whoever the Doc is, the choice is yours.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
What? I've already said what I think. Did you miss it? And if you're implying that I should attack, I already used mine for the day. If Pendio flips town, Tristan would be my next focus.
I've already laid out my plan and my main suspicions. I said you need to come up with a better plan in order to be saved. Why should I find Tristan more suspicious than you?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've replied to the post before, but I'll try to sum up my rebuttal.

ALIT was all over the place. You even say he was super confusing to understand, and I am right there with you. And the moment Eduarda pointed out ALIT's mistake, I felt like we had found scum. So I attacked first. I saw liar and I went with my gut, just like you did with Sooshi. If you look back, Sooshi was pretty upset that I attacked ALIT so soon, like I didn't give him time to protect his scum pal. At that point, Sooshi was on my scum radar, but then the "who attack Eduarda" thing happened and I was fooled by Sooshi's claim. Many were. Except you, of course.

Also, ALIT for some reason latched himself to Doc, me, and Sooshi. Eduarda later on thought I was the scum in the three because Johnny was "town". But now we know that the one hiding in the three of us was Johnny.

JC, I don't know why you are so obsessed with my first post. At first, I thought it was a good idea. I didn't want it to be hard to kill scum towards lylo because they had too much health. Kokirion also presented a good idea, but not everyone was sold on it like you say it was. I was so confused with the different opinions that I stopped and said I have no idea what would be good.

Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe because I'm not a Mafia member? Oh, and yes, this is a major flaw.

What? I was agreeing with the suspicion! Sooshi made the same mistake in TF2 and sure he flipped town, but wouldn't there be a original VT? There shouldn't be a regular VT in this game but there should be an original VT. Therefore ALIT should have known about original if he was the same as Sooshi before.

If you have any other questions for me, please ask.
I do have one question by the way.

On Day Three, after Johnny claimed, it was pretty clear that one of either Sadia or Cthulu was scum. You seemed so sure it was Sadia, even saying "it would be big" otherwise. If it's one thing I've learnt playing Mafia it's that you should always be ****ing suspicious of everyone. Yet you seemed so confident that Sadia was scum and Cthulu wasn't. It made no sense since it was literally a 50/50 decision. See Mafia know who's Town and who's not. On that situation it would make perfect sense to get rid of Sadia and gain Town credit. It just doesn't add up. You should have been so confident if you didn't know who was scum and who wasn't.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you didn't want to work together! I'll be sure to not ask for you opinion in the future then.

But if you want to just please me and my feeble mind, I was wondering why you don't find Tristan suspicious. At the moment you only find me and Pendio suspicious. I've already said why I find him suspicious and I'm looking through to see if I can find anything else.

Sorry if this whole statement comes off strong. I feel like you don't want to cooperate with me at all. Did I do something to offend?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Because I know what you're trying to do. You're worried about yourself, so you want another target to pass the blame onto. I've already said who my main suspicions are. I'm focusing on you and Pendio. I may be acting stubborn here, but I'm just sticking to my plan. It's up to you to convince me of a better target and to convince others as well.

I do have one question by the way.

On Day Three, after Johnny claimed, it was pretty clear that one of either Sadia or Cthulu was scum. You seemed so sure it was Sadia, even saying "it would be big" otherwise. If it's one thing I've learnt playing Mafia it's that you should always be ****ing suspicious of everyone. Yet you seemed so confident that Sadia was scum and Cthulu wasn't. It made no sense since it was literally a 50/50 decision. See Mafia know who's Town and who's not. On that situation it would make perfect sense to get rid of Sadia and gain Town credit. It just doesn't add up. You should have been so confident if you didn't know who was scum and who wasn't.

Let's take a look at this.

We can't over look the fact that both Cthulu and Sadia have damage within Eduarda's damage parameters. Honestly, I can't say who I find more suspicious. At the moment, it comes down to this: who would mafia most likely send to attack Eduarda? Sadia could have been the least likely to be tracked in the Mafia's mind because of his close ties with Eduarda.

This is my first post trying to figure out who attacked Eduarda and I, like others, narrowed it down to Sadia and Chuchu. From there I wondered who would Mafia more likely send. At that time, Sadia seemed like the more likely suspect because no one would suspect her hitting Eduarda. I still had my doubts about Chuchu and I asked him questions. As the day went on and I saw that Chuchu had to be working on his own, I figured it had to be Sadia. Even up to voting for Sadia I was't completely sure because it was a 50/50 decision based on the night scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom