• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If we are to assume Doc is being truthful about his possession of the boomerang, that may have been what hit you (LG). Of course, he mentioned that it was an random effect from his targeting of Frozen Chosen, so the guarantee is not present; however, there is only a limited amount of damages dished out the previous night, so I would think that the assumption is semi-likely assuming Doc is not lying.
The boomerang most likely did the 20% damage. LG had a further 70% on top of that. That's where the confusion comes in.

Mido

Version 1
@Mido I attacked alit because I only had a few moments to post, and it looked like the most likely outcome for the day. That was Canada Day so I wasn't home much at all that day, so I came in to attack alit and then left again. In hindsight, perhaps not the greatest move, but ya. Don't really have anything else to say on that haha.

I wouldn't say it was a bad move, even if the timing may seem suspect! XD I think your reasons are fair, but I will definitely look back into that lynch again since I assume that there were potentially more discreet moves made in the attack.

right but, a boomerang does not do 70 damage

someone hit me

Okay, looking back, I forgot to account for the first attack on you. My apologies, and considering both attacks on this day were low-moderate in nature being 20% each, this raises an interesting notion. Perhaps more items came into the fray, or perhaps just more killing roles, but I digress. I should probably take my focus elsewhere in this regard.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Right, quick query what should we do about Doc? No offence to them but they'll be dead by day 5 just form the damage. Do we as the townies kill him off or let the Mafia/SK/Vig kill them?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I wonder if somebody used a smash ball last night? That would explain the high damage on lg. Maybe there's one going around that one person can use every night and no serial killer at all. Just a thought, since the smash ball is one of the most important items in the game.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
but why would they attack me :umu:

doc's big damage is accounted for

seems eduarda got hit twice, probably something big and also something small, judging by jamie's wording, point is she also took big damage

and then there's my big damage

so mafia went after either me or eduarda but i'm not sure which. It's plausible that some anti-third party townie got her with a smash ball which is understandable but a bit rash, considering she was helping so much.

well anyway if someone wants to own up to attacking either me or eduarda that would be great, that would help us solve the night, but if not, well, i'm salty af and you're probably scum.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Right, quick query what should we do about Doc? No offence to them but they'll be dead by day 5 just form the damage. Do we as the townies kill him off or let the Mafia/SK/Vig kill them?
No offense taken. I'd say my actions look scummy, and agree that I should be offed before the end of the day. I only need one attack to kill me, because I've already been damaged beyond my parameters.

so mafia went after either me or eduarda but i'm not sure which. It's plausible that some anti-third party townie got her with a smash ball which is understandable but a bit rash, considering she was helping so much.

Smash ball? Did I miss something before and you know for sure there is an item like this that Jaime is giving at night (I assume all items are randomly given at night) or is that speculation?

Pen

The game is on!
Ok then, why would Mafia risk killing themselves? Targeting Eduarda is suicide. How would they know there's a chink in her role-armour? I mean hopefully they haven't been told that, I doubt it anyway. If Mafia didn't know, then targeting Eduarda is losing the game automatically. That's why I hypothesised that Doc possibly tried to go out and take Eduarda down with him.

This is an excellent point. Based on the information that Eduarda gave regarding her role yesterday, all the Mafia could have known was that whoever targeted her would die (or at least get very damaged). I do not see why they would send their (potentially) last member to kill Eduarda if it even meant the slimmest chance of them dying from it. So because of this I still believe the Mafia Godfather is Bulletproof. Sure, they may in fact not have needed to be Bulletproof, but there is no way they could have known that last night, right? I suppose this means there could be one of two scenarios: Either the Mafia's Godfather is definitely Bulletproof, or some role other than the Mafia killed Eduarda last night for whatever reason. I do think it is the first though, due to the way Jamie described the kill in the night scene. It really felt like Eduarda was targeted by Mafia.

I think the important thing to understand is that Eduarda can't retaliate when the attack kills her. We know this because she liked Deku's post where mentioned that possibility and Tristan pointed it out as well. Eduarda also said that in her last post that they found the chink in her armor, which to me implies that she can be killed without retaliation on her part.

I agree with this, however, the Mafia could not have possibly known about it last night when they performed the attack. Because of this I do not think they would have risked targeting Eduarda without the safety of the Bulletproof ability (even if it did not turn out to be needed in the end).

If he's town, then Toxic is almost certainly scum. If he's scum, and the game still continues, then Toxic could go either way, but leaning scum. In both scenarios, KOing Doc is beneficial for us. And hey, we have a decent chance of killing scum. Thoughts?

I understand that you want to kill Doc because it is beneficial. You say that if he flips Town, then Toxic is likely to be scum. And you say that if he flips scum and the game goes on, then Toxic is still likely to be scum? So either way Toxic is scum to you. I do not question that fact, but why do you want to have Doc killed too? I do not see how Doc's death would be beneficial, in fact, he is leaning Town in my book. Seems to me almost like you want to kill him only because he has a lot of damage and is therefore an easy lynch.

I only need one attack to kill me, because I've already been damaged beyond my parameters.

Beyond your parameters? What do you mean? Is your current damage higher than your defense parameter?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Beyond your parameters? What do you mean? Is your current damage higher than your defense parameter?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. As Jaime said, and I think this was discussed a bit yesterday, when damage is higher than defense, a KO isn't confirmed. But there's a chance that increases with each attack. That's why I'm surprised to be alive, it's pure luck.

Also, is there any specific reason I'm leaning town to you?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so here are a few scenarios which could have happened:

Scenario 1: The last Mafiso is a Bulletproof GF. This explains why they targeted Eduarda without fearing death. This way killing Eduarda makes sense because she was a threat and he/she wouldn't take damage.

Scenario 2: Doc is the last Mafiso and took down Eduarda in an martyrdom-like attempt. He knew he was going to die so why not take down the player who caused it?

Scenario 3: The last Mafiso took the risk of killing Eduarda because they had taken little (if any) damage. This would still be a massive risk though, so if this scenario is true then this player would have probably been pursed by Eduarda today.

Scenario 4: Mafia somehow know about Eduarda's ability and took her out with the knowledge she couldn't retaliate. I really doubt they would though since that would kind of ruin things.

Scenario 5: Mafia didn't kill Eduarda and instead chose to kill LG. Eduarda was killed by a powerful item (or SK). Still 70% doesn't seem to fit with the other night Mafia attacks or Vig attacks.

What if the reason Mafia knew about Eduarda's inability to retaliate her death kill is because they have someone with a similar ability? For example maybe the Godfather cannot take attacks at night unless it's a kill shot, or vise versa, the Godfather can take damage at night, but can't be killed?

I don't know. This is just speculation.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
There's a reason I brought up the Smash Ball, and it's because of another theory that I had regarding the night damage.

In the game, characters can attack the Smash Ball to gain access to their "Final Smash". The final smashes vary from character to character, but most of them tend to be a large attack that deals huge damage and has massive knockback potential. Most result in OHKO's, or KO at low percentage. If they don't OHKO, then they deal a lot of damage. And most of the time, it's impossible to fight back if someone has used their final smash on you. Typically, they're KO'd before they have a chance to retaliate. Seems familiar, no? Also, some characters are able to absorb other characters into their final smash as it's going, but the later a character gets stuck in it, the less damage they receive. So is it maybe possible that someone used their final smash on Eduarda and other players, such as myself, got part of the damage from it? It would make sense this way if Eduarda was unable to attack back. It would also explain how multiple people have been receiving damage at night. Obviously other items are probably at play too (as Doc claims to have thrown a boomerang, which hit two people), but there is still some damage unaccounted for. The Smash Ball is a really important item in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom