• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DGN Tournament 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Fig and I did our match, I ended up winning over all. First game was on Omega Battlefield with his G&W vs my Greninja and I won that, then we moved to Omega Arena Fox where his Captain Fabulous beat my Greninja, and ended up doing Ness vs Captain Fabulous on Omega Boxing Ring where I barely managed a win.

GG again Fig.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm requesting an extension on my match with Mezlo. We tried to get our match in but the lag made game 1 last long and eventually lose connection, resulting in no winner. Due to schedule issues, I had to leave before we could try game 1 again. Today and tomorrow are no go as well for me unless Mezlo can be up for it at like, 1 am EST. I will be available all day on Monday, however.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm requesting an extension on my match with Mezlo. We tried to get our match in but the lag made game 1 last long and eventually lose connection, resulting in no winner. Due to schedule issues, I had to leave before we could try game 1 again. Today and tomorrow are no go as well for me unless Mezlo can be up for it at like, 1 am EST. I will be available all day on Monday, however.

I tried a few For Glory matches this morning, and got kicked from those as well due to the extremely poor internet connection. I have a feeling the same result would occur, even if we were to do it today. I am heading back home tomorrow, and my house has a comparatively good internet connection.

An extension would be great, but I understand if it can't be given. If such an extension cannot be granted, then I will forfeit the tournament. Since the bad connection is on my end, it would be unfair for us both to be disqualified. I just can't play while I'm still at my mom's house.

Sorry.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I've had a hard time getting a hold of Scarfed for our battle. Hopefully he'll be on again today because I saw that he and Term finally had their Pokemon Battle for a different tourney.

JuicieJ and I finished our matches, I had a 2-0 victory. I stuck with Link for both matches, he started out with Zero Suit Samus (I actually can't remember the stage, I think it was either Yoshi's Island or Prism Tower) and finished with Little Mac on Final Destination. He didn't seem to dig my projectiles too much, but I'd've been in trouble had he found a good way to approach me.

And, as always, the matches were a lot of fun.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I tried a few For Glory matches this morning, and got kicked from those as well due to the extremely poor internet connection. I have a feeling the same result would occur, even if we were to do it today. I am heading back home tomorrow, and my house has a comparatively good internet connection.

An extension would be great, but I understand if it can't be given. If such an extension cannot be granted, then I will forfeit the tournament. Since the bad connection is on my end, it would be unfair for us both to be disqualified. I just can't play while I'm still at my mom's house.

Sorry.

Just a tip; try playing with your charger inserted (both of you). I've heard that since the system doesn't need to worry about battery conservation anymore, it puts all the power it can to boosting the wifi signal.

Libk

Funnily enough, I know both of our 3DS were on their charges, as Mezlo said he was plugging his in before we started and I plugged mine in xD

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
So it seems like some people are running into online issues. Since this is the first tournament I am going to be lenient and give the people who have yet to play a few more days. However, in the mean time, we can start the next rounds. Round 4 of winners and round 2 of losers start now, and due to the server maintenance, will only end on Friday, October 24 at 11:59 PM. To read more about the server maintenance, click here . For people who are supposed to have matches but don't, just play them as they come in. The matches that can be played now are (I will update this):

For the winners bracket:
  • blackice_cc vs tketle
  • Krazy4Krash vs Deku Shroom
For the losers bracket:
  • PhantomTriforce vs Linkdude74
  • Stitch vs FxAboutBokChoy
  • Avagon vs Scarfed
  • JuicieJ vs A Link in Time (not required atm)

Last edited:
blackice_cc and I did our matches, I managed a slim 2-1 victory. First round was Link (me) vs Robin (him) on Arena Ferox omega, which I won. Then he switched to Falco and we fought on Spirit Train omega, where he won, and our last match was Link vs Falco again on Magicant omega, which I won as well. The fight on Spirit Train was particularly close; got each other down to one stock and he finished me off with barely two seconds left in the game.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Heroine and I played our games, she won the first match as Zelda against my Palutena on Omega Living Room (Nintendogs stage). That was an extremely close game, with the timer having less than one minute remaining when we finished and us both at very high percents.

The second game was a Rosalina & Luma mirror match on Omega Rainbow Road. I dominated and didn't lose a stock, but it got confusing at times due to the fact that not only were our character palette swaps similar (Purple and Pink), our Lumas insisted on spawning as the same colour as each other several times.

The last game was on Final Destination (Omega?), with me remaining as Rosalina & Luma and Heroine switching back to Zelda. This game was not NEARLY as one-sided as the previous match, quite intense really. I won in the end, so the final result is 2-1 in my favour. Fantastic games, for sure.

I believe it's worth noting that we played more games together afterwards for fun and did another Rosalina & Luma mirror match. I lost and it was a much closer game than the one we played for the tourney. I wouldn't blame Heroine for letting the nerves get to her head and would have benefited getting a warm-up with Rosalina.

Libk

I won my match with Mezlo 2-1. Game 1 was a really close one with me as Greninja and him as Toon Link. I made a dumb recovery attempt and Self destructed. Game two was Mezlo as Toon Link again and me as Samus on Battlefield. I 3 stocked him. He chose Link and I stayed Samus for game three on rainbow road FD and I beat him again. GG again Mezlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom