• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupidity

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Mine was in TP when you are trying to get the bridge because the shadow beasts warped it, {The wooden Bridge} I couldn't see it because my screen was dark so I ran around for weeks trying to find that stupid bridge n.n

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
One of mine came in the bomb shack in TP. When you're collecting the tears of light, you have to set it on fire. Well, it's a bomb shack, so of course this is dangerous. Midna kept screaming at me to leave and I thought she meant "Collect the tears of light and get out of there, Link!" Nope, wrong order. So I got a game over there despite her warning.

I end up with several moments like these because I tend to take in-game information too literally, though. Like in Minish Cap there would be signs that say "Don't bomb here!" I thought they were warning me that it'd cause a rock slide and I'd get hurt. I eventually learned that actually, you're supposed to do the opposite of what it says.

Last edited:

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
One of mine came in the bomb shack in TP. When you're collecting the tears of light, you have to set it on fire. Well, it's a bomb shack, so of course this is dangerous. Midna kept screaming at me to leave and I thought she meant "Collect the tears of light and get out of there, Link!" Nope, wrong order. So I got a game over there despite her warning.

I did the same thing took me forever to figure it out.

Spirit Tracks always manage to outsmart me, especially in the last section of the Spirit Tower. And that's why I love that game so much.

Then there's that one moment in Wind Waker. I don't remember the details, but I think it happened in Wind Temple.

Z

zeldamasterswor

This is the first case that I can think of: In PH I forgot that you can use the boomerang to turn the arrow shooters, so I got stuck in the temple where you get the hammer for, like, 3 hours.:lol:

In MC when Vaati's portable eye thingies turn black i was like: How do you do this??? I took me 3 weeks to figure out that you have to use the gust jar to suck off the armour.:P

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I can only think of one very stupid moment, back in the mid-90s: In the 4th Dark World dungeon of aLttP, there's that cracked floor (exactly one floor above the boss room). I knew I had to blow it up to make light shine to the boss room, but I just had no idea how to get the bomb over there, because the area was fenced in. It was late at night and I finally gave up, but while lying in bed I got the idea "Hey, why not try throwing a bomb?" The next morning I did exactly that. All I had to do was actually read the message which is displayed everytime you pick up bombs out of a treasure chest: you can actually lift bombs with A and then throw them, but I skipped through that text everytime without bothering to read it...

Z

ZChris

awe dude sryuosly i lost the mirror sheld on mm deu to a bug 4 TIMES it was STUPIDITY XD! (>^.^)>

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
All of mine are in Wind Waker (which was the first zelda title i'd ever played). It took me hours to find my way through the forsaken fortress, I got captured three squillion times. I also couldn't figure out how to sidle on that one part near the end of the dungeon. But my REAL stupid moment was when i got to the entrance to dragon roost cavern, I didn't know you could move blocks. I tried everything to get them to move, except for actually moving them.

it took me years to get into the swamp level in a link to the past because i got stuck on it and ended up giving up. lol it wasnt as impossible as i had initially thought when i found out through a guide later on in my life

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Oh yeah I don't know why but I also Stupidly couldn't find the Bridge in Twilight Princess. The funny thing was that I was there many times and I clearly saw it and for some reason I went else where and got mad that I couldn't find it until I saw it again and got even more mad for being so dumb. lol

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
In TP I didn't know how to win Epona back from the Bulbins in Kakiriko Village, I just looked at it like 'o_O' Then I looked it up and figured out how to tilt the control stick the right way

*facepalm*

In Ocarina of Time I aimlessly wandered around the water temple not knowing what to do, so after several days, I looked up the water temple in the manual and had a big "I'm and idiot" moment.

Shyell

On a rocketship to Mars!
You know in the Spirit Temple in OoT, when you crawl through the tunnel into this room that has a few monsters?
Map_Spirit1a1.gif
For some reason, I didn't understand what I was supposed to do after defeating them. I crawled through the north tunnel where the locked door was and figured I needed to find a key in order to advance. I went back and looked all over that room, bombing and shooting everything, observing every inch with my Lens of Truth. I talked to Nabooru again, and found out nothing. Eventually, I got so frustrated that I went online to check a walkthrough. It turns out that those big wooden things at the top of the stairs on the left and right were doors... :facepalm: I felt like the hugest idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom