• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupidity

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
List the moments when you couldn't figure out something in Zelda for a long time, and when you did it made you feel stupid.

For example: In Twilight Princess I spent about 6 hours in the Forest Temple trying to figure it out. What happened was, the huge bolder that is blocking one of the rooms was in my way, and I could figure out how to blow it up. Those spider bombs were there so I kept running to the edge throwing them, jumping across picking them up, and then trying to put them next to the bolder, but they always blew up early.

It took me 6 hours to figure out that Link can jump with a bomb in his hand.
Stupid.

Last edited:
O

OrlovYan

It took me days to figure out there was a boulder in this room you talked about.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I hate those times! In Stone Tower Temple, in the room with all the black boos, where you need to shine light on mirrors to.... Here: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06/Walkthrough/5/5_Temple07.jpg
I didn't know that you could reflect light with while Z-targeting so you can hit the boos too! I felt so stupid. And actually, that made me stop playing the game. Like, I gave up and deleted my file. I started a new one like 6 years later and actually beat it. YEAH! :D

Another one is in TP, when you race Yeta for the piece of heart down Snowpeak. I didn't know that she was taking a short cut. I was like, "What the heck! How is she beating me!!!" Then I finally realized that she was taking a short cut by looking at the map. Heh... heh heh....

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The three worst cases I can think of all happened in OoT... and all at the very beginning of the game.

The first was trying to figure out anything. I didn't know about getting the sword and shield (not that I would have known how to get them anyway), so for three days I was just wandering around the forest.
The second was trying to figure out how to get through the first spiders web in the Deku Tree. I would never have thought about jumping up from the top floor.
And finally, I had no idea how to beat Gohma. I didn't know you had to hit her when she was on the ceiling, and all that.

It either took a friend or the internet for me to pass all three of these parts.
And while I never saw these as 'stupid', I have to laugh at it now.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
When AoL came out, I didn't know I could jump. I was SO frustrated with EVERYTHING because I had only played TLoZ before.... soooo.... the jumping thing was new to me. I didn't even know I could do it until I threw a hissy fit and smashed the controller and accidently made Link jump. :< I was pretty young, so it's understandable that I wouldn't try to jump, but eh.... I still felt stupid. I remember my dad laughing at me. u_u

The two biggest things for me were actually timeline things, I think. When I was little, I thought that the timeline split at MM, not at OoT. And I never thought that MC explained the FS.

Epona

Ordon Village
I feel stupid quite often when I'm playing something for the first time. Usually trying to figure things out in dungeons. I really, really try not to look things up for dungeons, unless I walk around for 3 hours aimlessly. Then when I finally look it up I slap a big "DUH" on my forehead because of how not complicated it was to figure it out. o_O

I felt stupid when I couldn't figure out the puzzles inside the Great Deku Tree in OoT back in the day.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I'm very, VERY scatter-brained when playing video games.

One single thing that sticks out of my mind is in TP, right after you meet Midna. I could NOT figure out how to get the water to the level I wandered and for HOURS I just wandered around and realised that THE LEVERS made the water go up and down, and that there was MORE than one. I was afraid to touch the levers because I thought something bad would happen...

And many more moments of stupidity followed, including spending around five hours in the Forest Temple and Lakebed Temple. 8D

|D
-facepalm-

Epona

Ordon Village
I spent hours in each dungeon in TP. They were indeed long dungeons, and I don't think I spent any less than 2 hours on each one. Maybe the next time I won't feel so slow and dumb trying to figure things out. I always wrongly assume I'm going to figure things out immediately, and when I don't, I get frustrated. Takes a lot of patience.

D

Darktimeleader

I had 2 Cases of Zelda stupidity.

1. In the Forest Temple in TP, it took me 1 month to figure out i had to use the Gale Boomerang on the fans to get the Big key. How did I find out? My bro told me to look it up on IGN , then i was like, "Oh".

2. In the Twilight Zone *Dodododododododo*, I looked all over the place for the Big key and then I went to the area with the HUGE Shadow waterfall thingy, looked up and saw the Clawshot areas.

When 1 happened, it was my 2nd Zelda game I played, not completed. Number 2, it was a simple mistake, but then i felt stupid.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
this isn't quite getting stuck for a long time, but it's pretty stupid.
You know in Twilight Princess when the bridge of Eldin gets removed and shadow beasts appear? I don't know what I was thinking but I didn't try to kill them, I just kept going.
Then my brother was watching when I got to the Gerudo Desert and he told me to go to the tall tower first. I got there and had no idea where to take it, and my brother was confused and telling me "isn't there a portal somewhere where if you try to warp to it you would just fall?" I put up my map and my brother got more confused. I went to the bridge where he told me to go and he was like "You didn't kill the shadow beasts?! Why?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom