• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Actions

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I recently started my third game/playthrough of Twilight Princess. I was playing a good chunk of the game today.

I accidently made Link do something very stupid. I was in Kakariko just after having beaten the Goron Mines. I was exploring that little alcove-area above Eldin's spring. I stepped too close to the edge of the precipice and didn't see it, and did not mean to fall off, but I did. Since there was water below, Link went into his "perfect swan dive" move...

... Only he wasn't directly above where the water was and performed an elegant dive right into a rock!

And I, the player, laughed like crazy. It was epic fail and it was awesome. It was also completely by accident.

So, what are some of your favorite stupid actions you've on *accident/chance* subjected our poor Hero to?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Hah hah, I'm forever doing this in Zora's Domain, from off the balcony-type area above the main pool, there's a ledge I always seem to hit xDDD

Other than this.... probably when I was hurrying, and made Link climb onto Epona from behind (in one of the narrow passages of Faron Woods)... which made her suddenly set off and slam right into a wall a couple of metres in front (stupid in itself) only for Link to be thrown up onto a ledge your not supposed to be able to get on (which wasn't solid) and fall right through it into blank space, reappearing back before the bridge outside Ordon. Serves me right for trying to hurry xDDD

Also accidentally riding Bulbos off cliffs in Eldin Hyrule Field, and leaping off the Great Bridge of Hylia while targeting birds as Wolf Link.... so many accidental suicides xDDD

Kazumi

chagy
I too roll into doors. Almost all of the time. I do that all of the time as well Shads. *Almost* always by accident. One of the most memorable has to be in Majora's Mask, when I just came out of the beaver place after getting that bottle on the Great Bay Coast, I was jumping off of the high ledge into the water, but missed, and instead of landing in the water, I smacked right into a rock jutting off the edge of the little river. I could almost hear the contact with Link and the rock.

Another thing I always do is try to rush everywhere. Say I'm climbing up a whole bunch of ledges or something, like on Death Mountain, but I'm trying to go as fast as I can, but since I'm rushing so much, I tend to fall, or mess up, so it really takes a lot longer to get to where I want to go then it would be if I had just been careful. So annoying.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, yes, I do subject the Hero to many stupid actions on my part. :xd:

One is when I roll into doors as I'm trying to open them, another one is when I accidentally lay bombs when I don't want to sometimes making me hurt Link in the process (this is why I have a habit of only getting them out when I need them), and lastly is when I accidentally squashed Link during the battle with the boss in the Temple of Time in TP.

The reason why that happened was because I was trying to figure out how to kill him and I knew that it had to do with the Dominion Rod. So I aimed it at the statue and I tried to figure out what to do. It wasn't until someone, who was watching me play the game at the time, suggested that I make Link swing the rod. I did so and instead of squashing the spider like I was supposed to, yes, you guessed it, I squashed Link instead. Poor guy, I probably fractured his spine. :( Good thing there's fairies though. :)

Last edited:
I've put Link through so much. In OoT, I probably shortened his life by a good 20 years with all the times he got electrocuted in Jabu-Jabu's Belly since I couldn't figure out how to kill the jellyfish for a while.
The poor guy is in so much danger when I pick up the controller XD
I've probably broken his spine like 16 times from falling from high places. Epona is also a victim. If shooting her in the back of the head while on horseback did something, I would have killed her countless times. There are also times when Link slammed his head into a wall when I accidently made him roll while trying to get around.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I did something similar, Knowlee!

Back on my second play through of TP, in the Temple of Time, I made an interesting discovery. I was using the Dominion Rod to move the big metal statue around (I've nicknamed the statue "Alphonse" as a reference to Fullmetal Alchemist...animated armor...yeah). I had Link and "Alphonse" in the big room where the balances are, where the white spiders swarm. I was using Al to squish the spiders with his hammer by swinging the rod. Link was behind a pillar and I kept seeing him go red and hearing him go "Oof!" in pain. I thought the spiders were getting him, so I swung harder. "OOF! OOF!" I moved him and the statue out from behind the pillar while swinging at spiders and realized that Link was positioned right in front of "Alphonse" and was getting beaten by the hammer whenever I swung the rod!

Then I did it on purpose a few times to confirm that was what was going on, then on purpose again because it was funny. Then I tried to keep Link out of the way.

Another of my favorite fails.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Oh, man, there's endless fun to be had with the dominion rod while you have it. I fell victim to the same thing, except I tried to use it to squash the baby spiders in the electric pit underneath the corkscrew lift.

My biggest fails, though, were things like spending in-game DAYS trying to reach a chest I thought had a heart piece, opening it, and realizing my wallet can't hold the fifty rupees. AND THEN BEING FORCED TO PUT IT BACK. I've also driven Bulboars off cliffs in the desert, and drowned because I forgot I didn't have the Zora Suit on while using the Iron Boots to explore the bottom of Lake Hylia.

Remember in WW, where you had to stand on a switch to let the statue cross in the Tower of the Gods? Well, I tried putting the statue on said switch, crossing the bridge (but accidentally stopping short when I pressed Z for the Wind Waker too early, playing the Command Melody, and moving the statue back across, forgetting that it would deactivate the bridge. I move the statue, and Link falls to his death. Fun times!

There's also plenty of times in WW and LttP alike where I realized that Beamos can't be killed in this game, wasting a zillion arrows.

Rolling up stairs. In some (but not all) Zelda games, when you roll up the stairs, you will run into something. it's the same motion from rolling into a wall or door. It gets really annoying when you are trying to run from enemies.:eek:ctorok:

D

dug428

There's a place in the hidden village where link can climb on. There's a hole in the roof and i went up on it. Link got stuck on it and couldn't move. it was hilarious but i had to do the cat minigame all over again (reset)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well in Twilight Princess once when my arm was burnt I was playing through the Goron Mines and I subjected poor Link to suffer burns much more intense than mine (I fell into the lava several times until I used a fairy) which I was doing completely on accident. I was fully awake and such but my burn kinda distracted me. When I used the fairy I magically got better at guiding Link.

Let's see... oh! Once earlier today I was playing Phantom Hourglass and I was in the Temple of Courage. So I was doing ironknuckle's uber run and I kept falling into a pit with a bunch of moving platforms and actually died three times on it. Well actually I think it was two times... well it was somewhere in that margin but once I rolled off a moving platform and another one squished Link as he fell! It was so hilarious! I was all like 'No not into the pit! It burns!' and then I died. Poor guy... yeah and also on the same playthrough I was in the Temple of Courage trying to get the square crystal and the beamos kept frying Link! I died there as well. Oh and then on the very same playthrough I was fighting Kryak: The Bane of Courage and I got his shell off. I went to attack him with my sword and he grabbed me. Yep. A lot of mishaps happened today for me.

D

Dirty Link

I sometimes roll right into a door when I attempt to open it. >.<

all the time bro. Especially in TP it happened. Like i guess in OOT you could be farther away from a door and open it so in TP i would basically just headbutt a crazy amount of doors

F

fanmail

Hopefully I can count this as a stupid action:

My friend and I were playing Super Smash Bros Brawl. We did a one-life battle.
I picked Link and said to my mate "Watch this, dear, you are dead already."

My first move was supposed to be this:
super-smash-bros-brawl-20080409080817381.jpg
Unfortunately for me there was no enemy below me. But a gap.
Shame, killed myself in like 7 seconds.

Other stupid action was that I toke the iron boots off in Goron Mines. I missed the floor and felt in the lava. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom