• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stop Complaining About SS Winning The Versus Comp. IGN Usually is Biased!

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
All day I've been reading about the stupid versus video between SS and OoT! It's driving me nuts, IGN is annoyingly biased anyways and also you gotta remember that new kids that didn't grow up with Oot voted and play it! Bottom line it doesn't matter they're both amazing games for different reasons. Example: I love the Loft Birds in SS but of course I love Epona. The sword motion combat is amazing but that doesn't make up for how easy the game is. You guys just blow this out of proportions it's up to you to form your own opinion not to be mad when the world doesn't agree with yours. I think Batman Returns sucks, that's my opinion and tons of people think I'm an idiot for it...SO!! I hate a certain generic first person shooter made by activison that sells billions...I won't say the name. Anyways just form your own opinion and stop worrying what everyone else thinks. Ocarina is a classic no if ands or buts about it, but this is a new age where kids are born with a computer in their hand. This type of stuff will happen again and again so get used to it! What do you guys think?

MW7

It really doesn't matter so you're right. I don't think the bias mattered in the contest that much because it was fans voting (although I think IGN loves SS a lot more at the moment). The main issue I had with the contest was that the four criteria were pretty random. If I was comparing two games, I would most certainly look at more things beyond just controls, story, gear, and bosses. So I didn't vote- that's my evidence that I don't care. It might not be the best evidence but I'm sticking to it.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
It really doesn't matter so you're right. I don't think the bias mattered in the contest that much because it was fans voting (although I think IGN loves SS a lot more at the moment). The main issue I had with the contest was that the four criteria were pretty random. If I was comparing two games, I would most certainly look at more things beyond just controls, story, gear, and bosses. So I didn't vote- that's my evidence that I don't care. It might not be the best evidence but I'm sticking to it.

Yeah the criteria was stupid but I knew that SS was gonna lose when I saw it because they did this contest less than a month after the game was out.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1215476p1.html

Ever read this article on IGN itself?

I agree with the opinion of the one who made this article.

Gamers like to complain. Its what we do, and especialy zelda fans like us likes to complain about things when it comes to zelda...on a zelda forum. And seeing that IGN is one of the biggest entertainment sites that foccuses on games, the more reason we like to complain about it.

To awnser your thread title, im not stopping to complain about this...so yeah...you got a problem with that?
You don't see me making a thread title like:
Stop getting annoyed because of the complainments About SS Winning The Versus Comp. IGN Usually is Biased!

Anyways just form your own opinion and stop worrying what everyone else thinks.
What makes you think that we "worry" what everyone else thinks. We merely state our own opinions. In this case you see this more as a complainment rather then a opinion. Ever occured to you that a complainment can also be a form of opinion? In fact, IMO you are the one "worrying" what other people think, just because you made this thread about it.

MW7

Yeah the criteria was stupid but I knew that SS was gonna lose when I saw it because they did this contest less than a month after the game was out.

The bias of it being too soon was definitely a major factor. I meant that IGN's bias wasn't that big a deal. Unless you're talking about their bias in deciding to run the contest way earlier than was probably fair.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1215476p1.html

Ever read this article on IGN itself?

I agree with the opinion of the one who made this article.

Gamers like to complain. Its what we do, and especialy zelda fans like us likes to complain about things when it comes to zelda...on a zelda forum. And seeing that IGN is one of the biggest entertainment sites that foccuses on games, the more reason we like to complain about it.

To awnser your thread title, im not stopping to complain about this...so yeah...you got a problem with that?
You don't see me making a thread title like:
Stop getting annoyed because of the complainments About SS Winning The Versus Comp. IGN Usually is Biased!

What makes you think that we "worry" what everyone else thinks. We merely state our own opinions. In this case you see this more as a complainment rather then a opinion. Ever occured to you that a complainment can also be a form of opinion? In fact, IMO you are the one "worrying" what other people think, just because you made this thread about it.

I don't care what people think about me or this thread. I care that people are so focused on arguing an inarguable point. The point I forgot to include was that both games are amazing in their own way and we should just be happy that we have another great Zelda game on our shelf. Also I have a bone to pick with IGN anyways! I love SS and OoT and I am happy to have them both on my shelf. I'm not complaining about complaining I'm just tired that whenever a new Zelda game is released we compare it to OoT. Just play it and love it and keep it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's true that everyone has their own opinions, but it hurts a fan of OoT like myself to hear that people prefer a game that I myself dislike (SS). Yeah, what does it matter that person B dislikes OoT when I like it? Well, it's me being attached to the game, so when you say something bad about OoT it's almost as if you're saying something bad about me. It hurts, I get distracted, and I think long nights over it.

It still doesn't matter to me that SS won the competition because I know in my heart that OoT is the better game. I've no doubt about it. That doesn't mean that others cannot like SS, but I myself will never like it in comparison to OoT. So I say, worry about yourself and not others.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Everyone has their own opinions, and SS is the newest installment so of course it's going to win. Just wait until the next Zelda game and then that game will beat SS. It's a never-ending process. The old always beats the new.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
Everyone has their own opinions, and SS is the newest installment so of course it's going to win. Just wait until the next Zelda game and then that game will beat SS. It's a never-ending process. The old always beats the new.

Exactly I can't really add much more to this.

I honestly liked SS more than OoT. I did grow up with OoT and have it on my 3DS. But I do think that SS is a better game in general. I will always consider OoT on of my favorite Zelda games even though it was never my favorite in the series. I'm sure if the poll was later there would be a different result, but I'm sure there will be a poll later which will change when the next game is out and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom