• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Starting to Feel a Bit Worried About This Game.

Originally I was super excited. Now with the Dark World confirmed to be back, I'm worried the overworld is just going to be a carbon copy of LttP. I remember in the announcement trailer they mentioned new dungeons, but nothing of the overworld (unless I'm forgetting something) and I really hope it's not the same world with new dungeons. I don't want to have the world memorized before I even play it. :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm 99% sure that about 50% if not more of the world will be CC of A Link to the Past. With all this confirmation that it takes place in the same world, why woudl you have a different overworld otherwise? :P

I'm not asking for a different overworld. I just want a bigger, more expanded overworld. If we get the same exact overworld...bleh.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not asking for a different overworld. I just want a bigger, more expanded overworld. If we get the same exact overworld...bleh.

Oh...yes I can definitely understand that. Weren't there a bunch of clouds on ALttP's world map? I'd like to know what's beyond said clouds myself. ^^

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I couldn't agree more. "cloning" ALttP is one of the very few ways Nintendo could screw up this idea.

Honestly we don't know much about the game, but we do know there will be new dungeons and a "new original storyline". That gives a little confidence that it won't be a clone, but the overworld and now the dark world news don't give a very promising feeling. I too am a little worried ESPECIALLY in terms of the overworld. If they don't change it at all I'll be upset

CPainter307

Lost Woods Explorer
I couldn't agree more. "cloning" ALttP is one of the very few ways Nintendo could screw up this idea.

Honestly we don't know much about the game, but we do know there will be new dungeons and a "new original storyline". That gives a little confidence that it won't be a clone, but the overworld and now the dark world news don't give a very promising feeling. I too am a little worried ESPECIALLY in terms of the overworld. If they don't change it at all I'll be upset

Totally agree. It would be like Twilight Princess taking place on Ocarina's overworld. It wouldn't be something new and exciting, it would be like a Master Quest with a different storyline. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that a Link to the Past 2's overworld shouldn't be based on or include aspects from the original's. It will be neat to be able to roam through some of the same old areas we did back on the SNES with a new coat of paint, but Nintendo needs to add a hearty amount of new content to their new overworld (did someone say entirely new Dark World?).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Originally I was super excited. Now with the Dark World confirmed to be back, I'm worried the overworld is just going to be a carbon copy of LttP. I remember in the announcement trailer they mentioned new dungeons, but nothing of the overworld (unless I'm forgetting something) and I really hope it's not the same world with new dungeons. I don't want to have the world memorized before I even play it. :/

I don't know if I would say that I'm worried myself, more or less dissatisfied with the current available previews and details of the game. I imagine that it'll be fairly similar to A Link to the Past, with some obvious upgrades and tweaks.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I hope this world is at least less of a pain to transverse....a good warp system can solve anything really, but it needs to be introduced quickly and be as effective as TP's and MM's.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im not worried at all, in fact im excited, im lookin on the bright side and trusting the Devs, the Dark would will be 2/3 of the game and i bet it looks nothing like the original!

Don't worry about it.

Returning the top-down perspective alone makes this one of the fresher installments in recent memory.

It's not like Nintendo to repackage a previous Zelda game with some minor reshuffling. Oracle of Seasons was intended as a remake of the NEs original yet it spawned an original adventure. Zelda 3DS will undoubtedly draw on ALttP's success while integrating new elements. The drawing mechanic is but a preview of what's in store.

While I'm not expecting anything from ALttP2 other than it having the Zelda title on the box, it is sounding more and more like a carbon copy. They did say new story and they did see new dungeons. But the way its looking i wont be surprised if the game was exactly the same (outside of dungeons) with different speech in the text boxes making it a different story, that is how much i'm not expecting it to change. I hope i'm wrong.

As for the dungeons, if that dungeon that was saw in the 13 minute demo is actually in the game then i don't hold out much hope for the rest of them. In my head right now, the way I'm thinking this will pan out is that the dungeons are going to be the same, just edited. the dungeon we saw in the demo was obviously the Tower of Hera, even down to the final boss, it wasn't exactly the same dungeon but we all still could tell what it was. The difference being of course that the dungeon itself has been edited for the gimmicks of the game (turning into a painting and leaping towards the camera). This is how i think the game is going to pan out. The dungeons will be the familiar ones we know but changed in a way to allow for Link to use the gimmicks the game gives him.

This train of thought also makes me worry about the overworld. from what we have seen of the overworld very little has changed, and if very little has changed (if anything at all) then how are the gimmicks in this game going to work there? thinking back to the original aLttP's overworld i can't think of a single place that Link could become a painting to further expand on the world's puzzles. There are plenty of ledges but Link usually pends his time going down them, not flying up them, i do hope they dont put those red mole faces all over the overworld. I hope they are clever and put something like Roc's Feather in there as to not limit the level jumping to just using the hammer, time will tell...

So yeah, right now i'm seeing ALttP2 as more of an edited remake than a sequel in any respect.

While I'm not expecting anything from ALttP2 other than it having the Zelda title on the box, it is sounding more and more like a carbon copy. They did say new story and they did see new dungeons. But the way its looking i wont be surprised if the game was exactly the same (outside of dungeons) with different speech in the text boxes making it a different story, that is how much i'm not expecting it to change. I hope i'm wrong.

As for the dungeons, if that dungeon that was saw in the 13 minute demo is actually in the game then i don't hold out much hope for the rest of them. In my head right now, the way I'm thinking this will pan out is that the dungeons are going to be the same, just edited. the dungeon we saw in the demo was obviously the Tower of Hera, even down to the final boss, it wasn't exactly the same dungeon but we all still could tell what it was. The difference being of course that the dungeon itself has been edited for the gimmicks of the game (turning into a painting and leaping towards the camera). This is how i think the game is going to pan out. The dungeons will be the familiar ones we know but changed in a way to allow for Link to use the gimmicks the game gives him.

This train of thought also makes me worry about the overworld. from what we have seen of the overworld very little has changed, and if very little has changed (if anything at all) then how are the gimmicks in this game going to work there? thinking back to the original aLttP's overworld i can't think of a single place that Link could become a painting to further expand on the world's puzzles. There are plenty of ledges but Link usually pends his time going down them, not flying up them, i do hope they dont put those red mole faces all over the overworld. I hope they are clever and put something like Roc's Feather in there as to not limit the level jumping to just using the hammer, time will tell...

So yeah, right now i'm seeing ALttP2 as more of an edited remake than a sequel in any respect.

I hadn't really thought of an edited remake. Ugh..I can see Nintendo doing that. :|

ILU

i luv u

I hadn't really thought of an edited remake. Ugh..I can see Nintendo doing that. :|
A "reimagining" perhaps? I'm worried for ALttP 2 for various reasons.... the Dark World is one of them, but my main concern with that is the effect on the timeline. The Dark World being a CC is no worse than the Light World being a CC.... not a lot of room for exploration, but maybe they're counting on nostalgia to help us overlook that. :/

To make a GOOD sequel to a very successful game is difficult. Not to upset Twilight Princess lovers, but my fear is that ALttP2 will turn out similar to TP- a prettied up copycat game. The 3D/Drawing is like Zelda 3DS' version of TP's Waggle/Wolf. I hope it doesn't go that way because I fear there will be a lot of missed opportunities.

Or maybe I'm just butthurt that ALttP isn't getting a proper console remake/sequel.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Or maybe I'm just butthurt that ALttP isn't getting a proper console remake/sequel.

I don't know. Remember Majora's Mask? To me, at least, it was a proper sequel and did Ocarina of Time justice. Maybe it's that it was a direct sequel?

Anyway, Twilight Princess failed in the story department because it contained a continuiation of OoT's world yet failed to expound upon it; TP was for all intents and purposes, a legend. It might as well not have existed since it was only loosely connected to OoT despite containing the same world.

For what I want to pretend to know, ALttP2 is more of a "direct" sequel to A Link to the Past...so perhaps that points to it being more on the MM scale than the TP??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom