• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Starting to Feel a Bit Worried About This Game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For what I want to pretend to know, ALttP2 is more of a "direct" sequel to A Link to the Past...so perhaps that points to it being more on the MM scale than the TP??

Except we've seen footage that shows areas in the overworld that look nearly identical to ALttP's, and the dungeon we saw was clearly a re-imagining of the Tower of Hera. (I expect that to be the only borrowed dungeon, though. It was arguably the most memorable, so remaking it makes sense.)

I wouldn't be too worried. I have a feeling that what Nintendo showed off may not even be in the final game. Things may changed around a bit by the time the game is actually released.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The tower of Hera, was a key factor in ALttPs story line, maybe thats why they chose to show that and the rehashed over world. that way they could show us the game was there without giveing anything aways. so dont worry, i think this game will be awesome

Salem

SICK
Does anyone remember super metroid and the original nes metroid? When you begin the Snes game you see similar geography to the old one but when you explore further you uncover different layouts of the old areas and its expanded way beyond the scoop of the old one.

What I hope what they will do is, expand the map beyond the original alttp, maybe have the new areas be what is seen beyond the clouds or something.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Nice Sroa, i always wondered what was beyond the clouds, however even for snes days it was so cool how when on Death Mountain, you could see the Lost Forest and the opening where the mastersword rested from the mountain. By SNES standards, that was cool!

Salem

SICK
Nice Sroa, i always wondered what was beyond the clouds, however even for snes days it was so cool how when on Death Mountain, you could see the Lost Forest and the opening where the mastersword rested from the mountain. By SNES standards, that was cool!
Yeah, with the 3D, those sights will be even more awesome.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Its possible to glitch out and walk there, and well there isn't a whole lot there.

I'd say it's way too early to judge whether the game will be a carbon copy or not. I find it unlikely Nintendo would announce a sequel to AlttP and then make it exactly like the first game. If that were the case, then they might as well have just remade the first game. Even though a lot of what we've seen so far has been updated versions of old locations from the older game, we can't judge what the whole game will be like off of the first batch of screens and footage. It's possibly that Nintendo deliberately showed new versions of old areas first to pull at nostalgia strings and that they are saving newer stuff for future previews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom