• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Stalfos

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I did have a bit of a challenge beating them in the forest Temple, but i just stunned them with the hookshot then attacked them...but, yes, i did die a few times... :(

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Well then compared to you i suck *** at OOT. I have six hearts and i always die even when im cowering behind my shield like a total *****. it's those freakin jump attacks that always do me in

Is this your first run of Oot? Because by the time you get to the forest temple, I find that you need way more than 6 hearts. Maybe look up a guide to get some heart pieces, I'm sure it'll help. :)

P

princess-kikyo

Is this your first run of Oot? Because by the time you get to the forest temple, I find that you need way more than 6 hearts. Maybe look up a guide to get some heart pieces, I'm sure it'll help. :)

First time through I only had 4 when i got to forest, forgot to grab the one in jabu's belly. Too interested in becoming an adult lol.

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
really i found that quite easy myself

thanks thats a good piece of advice:)

Yeah you're probably right about that, i know a way to defeat Ganondorf in one go wanna hear it

You're going to ridicule me for this but I'm stuck on TP and I hate hard games, they frustrate me to no end.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
i always die even when im cowering behind my shield like a total *****. it's those freakin jump attacks that always do me in

I think that's your whole problem, you're hiding behind the shield too much. I have less trouble with the Stalfos because I pursue a more aggressive strategy against them... I keep trying to get behind them and use my own jump attacks. I've also heard that if you attack them right after they've attacked you, they're vulnerable and you can get in a hit that way.

Do you use Z-targeting? I think that's very helpful as well... it allows you to see the enemy more clearly, and dodge more quickly. Also, when you've Z-targeted one Stalfos, the other one will leave you alone until you defeat it... if you haven't done that, I think they either both attack you at once, or alternate between attacking you depending on which one is closer.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Also, when you've Z-targeted one Stalfos, the other one will leave you alone until you defeat it... if you haven't done that, I think they either both attack you at once, or alternate between attacking you depending on which one is closer.

Oh I've had them both flank me then do their jump attack at the same time when I didn't have them Z-targeted, or at least one lunged immediately after the other. I only took 1 hit of damage of course, but If I was Link I would've been seeing my life flash before my eyes, lol.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When you face the Stalflos for the first time it is always a bit harder to defeat them but when you defeat them it will be easier the next time. Just wait for them to attack you and jump back and strike. And indeed stunning them with the hookshot will work as well. It is only a few seconds but enough to hit them good for a while

I mean, if I wanted to play a ridiculosly easy game, I'd go play Twilight Princess, not Ocarina of Time.
OOOH.

Stalfos killed me a lot too, bro. I hated how I could be looking at one in the face, with my shield covering my body, and they'd still be able to hit me. Chillax man, you got this.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
They were annoying, indeed. Time limit? Added pressure. What I do when I'm timed, I take a deep breath, and just play. Against Stalfos, though you gotta play more defensive. Flip back, when they jump back, go for a stab or two here and there. Maybe even a spin attack. It's timing. Or just do Din's fire if you went ahead and got that early like I did.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Goomboo and I found a good stratergy when fighting those two stalfos on the boat in the shadow temple. We killed them both in about 1 minute! First you need to run to the very back of the boat. When the stalfos comes near you, Z-target it and move to the side of the back. When you Z-target the first one, it's attacks cant hit you because you're too high up so it starts circling you then it falls off the edge. You may be thinking "Hmm, even though stalfos are walking bone-heads, they still have the brains to realise that they are going to go off the edge, so you're WRONG Celeboy!!!". Nope, you're wrong. The game has programmed it so stalfos don't walk off a verticle edge, e.g. a table, but the back of the boat is slightly angled so it trys to walk on it, but slips and can't get back up and falls in the water. Once the first one is dead you'll have time to get in posistion for the second! XD | |= X / \= Fall

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Well yeah, they were pretty hard but i like hard enemies like Stalfoses, Darknuts and Gerudos. And the time limit was pretty annoying.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
If you see them even do something REMOTELY CLOSE to looking like a jump attack, back flip several times. Do NOT get cornered or stuck in between them or game over. Don't worry, I had a lot of trouble with them too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom