• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Stalfos

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
OK who here thinks that the Stalfos in this game are way to hard in the forest temple. Their attacks seem too powerful and over-exagerated. They're so annoying to defeat and I bet I wouldn't die so much if there wasn't a time limit to killing them all in one go. The time limit makes you risky and reckless and it really frustrates me so leave your thoughts in the comments and I'll get back to you
:mad:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They weren't that annoying. At least for me the weren't. And I never use my shield, too. I can understand if it were during a Three-Heart-Run, because I got killed by those dam Stalfos quite a lot during mine. Otherwise, in a normal playthrough I wouldn't consider the Stalfos that tough.

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
Well then compared to you i suck at OOT. I have six hearts and i always die even when im cowering behind my shield like a total wimp. it's those freakin jump attacks that always do me in

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
it's those freakin jump attacks that always do me in

The best/safest counter for that attack (and all their attacks for that matter) is using a deku nut, which are plentiful in the Forest Temple thanks to all the deku babas. It'll freeze them mid jump and you can land a jump attack of your own.

David

But you called me here...
With Stalfos, might I suggest another strategy?

You'll need to dodge their attacks each time with flips. Once they attack you, try to slash them back. It might take some practice, but you'll get it. I had some issues the first time I encountered them, but now, I really enjoy defeating.

Also, if you think Stalfos are hard, wait until you get to the spirit temple and have to fight a Darknut as a child. That was really hard, and still can be. But, the strategy is still similar, but it'll challenge you further.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
All I did was spin attack, spin attack, spin attack. The spin attacks practically go straight through their armor, so that makes them easy to beat. I also never do the charge method unless I want the really strong spin, I just do the trick where you spin the analog stick around. Makes dispatching them fast and easy.

P

princess-kikyo

I found them really easy, The only problem I had with them, was the two in the room of Gannondorfs castle, and I sometimes backflipped away and landed in fire, which broke the concentration I had, and stuffed me up, so I had to beat the first one again. Other than that, they are really easy I find. Maybe the Technique you're using is wrong?

I must say i like the idea of a time limit.
It makes it more of a challenge.
What is more annoying than fighting enemies that are simple and are no challenge.
If an enemy is not a challenge and their is no strategy to beating him its boring.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I must say i like the idea of a time limit.
It makes it more of a challenge.
What is more annoying than fighting enemies that are simple and are no challenge.
If an enemy is not a challenge and their is no strategy to beating him its boring.

I agree completely. That's another thing; I don't like it when games are easy.

I mean, if I wanted to play a ridiculosly easy game, I'd go play Twilight Princess, not Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom