• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ST Connection

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Now, we all know that while we are going to be playing Spirit Tracks next year we are going to be trying to find in-game evidence that points which game could be after it in the timeline and see what connections ST has to other games. Or at least im going to be doing that.

My question to you guys is this: what game are you hoping / thinking that ST will prove is next on the AT? And how will ST prove that said is next?

I personally hope it will prove that MC is next in the timeline, not because it is my belief or that is what my timelne states or anything, just it will finnally settle once and for all where MC is in the timeline, and for that matter the FS saga.
But I think that will not be the case. Im guessing that SP will just connect to OoX or AoL, the latter being most likely since AoL should already be in the AT.

-------/--WW/PH--ST--???
---OoT

Last edited:
The majority of the games being on the CT right now are fine. At first, I figured ST being on land, obviously a new kingdom, so the older games could take place there, but there are a lot of plot holes that keep some of those games from every being on the AT.

For example, you mentioned that you hope MC is the next game after ST. Well, we're likely not going to be given any reference to that. ST will most likely not include anything about events taking place later on. I used to believe this theory, as MC was so different from the rest, and had a lot of missing components from the rest of the series (Ganon, Master Sword), that it made sense to go before, or way after all the other games. However, FSA fixed all of this. All of the information included in FSA, along with Ganon being the last boss, points to it being a distant prequel to ALttP. MC and FS obviously come before FSA; FS is believed (at least by me) to be a direct prequel to FSA, so it would have to come right before FSA. MC isn't a direct prequel or sequel to either of them, so it would have to go somewhere else. Seeing as how it has no mention of Ganon/dorf, it can't be after OoT or TP, so it has to be before them.

Now you also mentioned that ALttP should already be on the AT. The only reason that one would believe this is if they also believe that the SW occurred on the AT, or if they believed the SW was the Adult portion of OoT. Many disagree with this theory, such as myself. It is mentioned that during the SW, there was no hero. That means, no Link was around to stop Ganondorf from entering the SR.

Zelda Wiki said:
The king of Hyrule summoned seven Sages to seal the entrance to the Golden Land shut, so that Ganon's darkness could no longer plague the land. The sages searched far and wide for the Master Sword so that Ganon could be vanquished, but neither the sword nor one worthy of wielding it could be found. Without a hero worthy of wielding the blade, the Knights of Hyrule engaged in open combat with Ganon's army as the sages cast the seal.

This rules out the widely popular belief that OoT or FSA is the SW, as Ganon was defeated by Link in both of those games, THEN sealed by the sages. So ALttP doesn't have to take place on the AT.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Well i did'nt really think that ALttP belonged to the AT because I believe the adult version of OoT is the Seal War. I say that ALttP is supposed to be on the AT because nobody in the CT is supposed to know the names of the six sages in OoT. Do you agree with me on that part? Nobody in the CT is supposed to know some of the names of the six sages in OoT namely Darunia, Saria, Ruto, Rauru, and Nabooru because these people never became sages on the CT , Right?

Well, in AoL five of the towns you go to are named after five of the seven sages who sealed ganondorf. I heard a quote from one of the creators that they purposely took some of the names of towns in AoL and used those names for the sages in OoT to reference that AoL is on the AT. Dont ask me where i got it I only know i found it here on the forums. I'll try to look for it. Anyway AoL should go on the AT so i think that ST will make a referance to that.

BTW sorry, accidentily put in ALttP instead of AoL. My bad ill fix that right now.

Well, in AoL five of the towns you go to are named after five of the seven sages who sealed ganondorf. I heard a quote from one of the creators that they purposely took some of the names of towns in AoL and used those names for the sages in OoT to reference that AoL is on the AT.

I've heard the quote, but it didn't say anything about the "AT" because at that point in time, the AT didn't exist. The timeline was linear until WW came out, which is when they revealed the split. This quote came from the time that OoT was released. At that time, it would have made perfect sense, since the AT was non existant. But since WW, since the split timeline has been confirmed, it messes with the order, and there are better reasons for AoL to be on the CT than there are for it to be on the AT.

Just one small note here: there was no hero that could stop Ganon from entering the SR in OoT. That's why Rauru had to put Link to sleep for Seven Years...

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I've heard the quote, but it didn't say anything about the "AT" because at that point in time, the AT didn't exist. The timeline was linear until WW came out, which is when they revealed the split. This quote came from the time that OoT was released. At that time, it would have made perfect sense, since the AT was non existant. But since WW, since the split timeline has been confirmed, it messes with the order, and there are better reasons for AoL to be on the CT than there are for it to be on the AT.
Really?
How would it have made perfect sense?
At the time the quote was said, there was no Majora's Mask, so we had no idea which ending of OoT that the next game would come after.

Not to mention, Aonuma said it again last November.

Really?
How would it have made perfect sense?
At the time the quote was said, there was no Majora's Mask, so we had no idea which ending of OoT that the next game would come after.

Not to mention, Aonuma said it again last November.

Because. For me, back then, I didn't set and analyze the games and all that. It made sense to just believe that even though Link went back in time, the events of his future still took place. No one knew Ganondorf would be imprissoned or that Link would tell Zelda what he done to prevent it. For all anyone knew, the same events would have taken place, only Link would live his childhood while they took place seven years later. Its like in Back to the Future. Link would have experienced the world seven years later in his own time. He would have had the ability to actually see a copy of himself from the past.

"Each of the races has a character fated to become one of the sages later on. We named them after towns in The Adventure of Link so it would appear that the towns had been named after them. (In the world of Zelda, the events of Ocarina of Time occur before the events of The Adventure of Link)." ~ Aonuma

That's from 2008
http://i34.tinypic.com/55jqmv.jpg

And what evidence is there for AoL to be on the CT? I never really heard any of them...

^I have to agree, and I'd say it's actually more likely for LoZ/AoL to go on the AT. As of right now, however, I'm not sure if I should put OoX on the AT after LoZ/AoL or after LttP.

"Each of the races has a character fated to become one of the sages later on. We named them after towns in The Adventure of Link so it would appear that the towns had been named after them. (In the world of Zelda, the events of Ocarina of Time occur before the events of The Adventure of Link)." ~ Aonuma

That's from 2008
http://i34.tinypic.com/55jqmv.jpg

And what evidence is there for AoL to be on the CT? I never really heard any of them...

Wow...that's a big wrench in the works isn't it?

I always believed that LoZ/AoL were on the CT because WW, PH, and ST are the only games to have been SPECIFIED to go on that timeline. It would make sense that the others would go on the CT, because it was there first. The CT was the original Timeline given by Miyamoto in 1998. When WW was released in 2003, he split the timeline at OoT, and created the AT. All the other games retained their presence on the other timeline.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Actually nintendo stated earlier in the year that spirit tracks happens 100 years after phantom hourglass meaning a new link. the whole one link has two adventures and then a new link comes along for two more adventures is actually the formula that nintendo has been using since the first four zeldas. (however i think it excludes the four sword saga because i think there is a different link for each of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom