• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword SS. Why So Much Hate?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They put Zelda in the game just so it can be a Legend of Zelda game. She was of little importance to the story.
This is false; Zelda *was* the story. The entire game, the objective is to go through X area to either find Zelda or secure Zelda. This caused the story to suck in that the areas themselves had no life to them. Yes, there were the races. But they hardly felt established. They seemed to be like NPCs saying "yo boss do this task that you would do in any other Zelda game, but without the heart or soul." Whereas ina game like Wind Waker, the NPCs had some plight you had to help THEM with, and helping them was tethered to the task that you'd do in any other Zelda game (e.g. Forest Haven was in turmoil because Makar was an idiot ****ing with the Forbidden Woods, which causes Link to go there and help him out).

So like, the entire game we're chasing after this girl who is SUPPOSED to mean something important, so everything else we encounter bar Ghirahim, Impa, Groose, and maybe Demise is left unimportant and in the dust; mere afterthoughts.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
This is false; Zelda *was* the story. The entire game, the objective is to go through X area to either find Zelda or secure Zelda. This caused the story to suck in that the areas themselves had no life to them. Yes, there were the races. But they hardly felt established. They seemed to be like NPCs saying "yo boss do this task that you would do in any other Zelda game, but without the heart or soul." Whereas ina game like Wind Waker, the NPCs had some plight you had to help THEM with, and helping them was tethered to the task that you'd do in any other Zelda game (e.g. Forest Haven was in turmoil because Makar was an idiot ****ing with the Forbidden Woods, which causes Link to go there and help him out).
Thats another problem I have with the story actually, it's Zelda's story, not Link's (For 3/4 of the game anyway). Zelda is the one off going through these temples trying to seal stuff and stuff, while you're just chasing here the entire time. It gets old.
Impa even mocks you by saying how slow you are and then they both piss off for you to go on another chase.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Thats another problem I have with the story actually, it's Zelda's story, not Link's (For 3/4 of the game anyway). Zelda is the one off going through these temples trying to seal stuff and stuff, while you're just chasing here the entire time. It gets old.

It may be old, but at least we can properly call this a Legend of Zelda game. :P (Every past game has been "Link's" story ;p)

Really though, I think we should've played as Zelda in this installment if nothing else would change. It was obviously Zelda's time, not Link's, so why make us play as the mule instead of the rider?

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
It may be old, but at least we can properly call this a Legend of Zelda game. :P (Every past game has been "Link's" story ;p)

Really though, I think we should've played as Zelda in this installment if nothing else would change. It was obviously Zelda's time, not Link's, so why make us play as the mule instead of the rider?
Or even something similar to that of Chain of Memories Reverse Rebirth where you get to play as Riku after beating the game?
Except Zelda/Impa in this case.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I really hope that was a troll post...

Just because someone has a negative opinion about something, doesn't necessarily mean they're trolling. In fact, I agree with him on some points. The motion controls were very broken at times, and everything was often out of alignment. Granted the concept was interesting, it just wasn't implemented properly. On another note, though I don't believe that particular art style was bad at all, I can't say it was my favorite. I do partially agree with this, though:

whatever this dude's username is said:
The Characters in the game obviously weren't Zelda Team's best work. Demise looked like a tweaked version of Akuma From Street Fighter. I don't know why they decided to put someone like Ghriahim in the game. They put Zelda in the game just so it can be a Legend of Zelda game. She was of little importance to the story.

Demise seriously looked like Akuma, and even Fi looked like the Fairy Queen from TWW. However, I disagree that Zelda had little importance. She was almost the focal point for the entire game, so it's hard to say that she had "little importance to the story". Could she have played an even bigger role? Sure, but I felt she was fine the way she was.

I disagree about the music soundtrack.

dude person i don't know your name said:
They don't mentioned anything about the Three Goddesses of Hyrule, WHICH CREATED THE WORLD, in the story.
Sky Keep - Mark of Farore said:
The design carved into the floor there is the mark of Farore.

I detect the sacred power of the Triforce emanating from its vicinity.

Sky Keep - Mark of Nayru said:
I have identified the design on the floor there as the mark of Nayru.

Sky Keep - Mark of Din said:
?The symbol visible on the floor here is the mark of Din.

Isle of Songs - Learning Farore's Courage said:
That song is called Farore's Courage. Its rousing melody will guide you.

You learned Farore's Courage!

Isle of Songs - Learning Nayru's Wisdom said:
The song you just heard is called Nayru's Wisdom. Use this song of knowledge to find the next trial.

You learned Nayru's Wisdom!

Isle of Songs - Learning Din's Power said:
According to my records, that song you just heard is called Din's Power. Use this song of might to locate the last trial.

You learned Din's Power!

*Not to mention all of the Goddesses have their own Trials, their own Sacred Flames, AND gifts to bless the Hero with.

I can't remember one song from the game

Subjectivity...

Songs I personally can actually remember are: Ballad of the Goddess(which is just Zeldas Lullaby backwards and edited/extended a little), Skyloft, Fi's theme, and the sky theme.

Now, yes, if I actually listen to other songs(on Youtube), I can remember them, but not by just thinking about them.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Wii Motion Plus :right:

Kidding. It could be amazing.

I've never played it but I've heard it's linear, and the treasure notifications are annoying. I don't know though. I just came here to joke about hating motion controls (which I do but I don't).

Salem

SICK
Wii Motion Plus :right:

Kidding. It could be amazing.

I've never played it but I've heard it's linear, and the treasure notifications are annoying. I don't know though. I just came here to joke about hating motion controls (which I do but I don't).
Okay now THIS could be trolling.:P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Precisely. Things like "the controls were broken", (implied) "the art style sucks because it's not 'realism'", "I can't remember one song from the game", and "Zelda was of little importance to the story" did.
Funny thing is, I mostly agree with those points, but not in the same context as he said.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, this is really annoying. Check these images out; they're pure emotion bred out of qenuine concern for one another:
GeLHx7T.png
3Fzvcco.png
v5uhpzB.png
d8Zzisb.png
OerEH4w.png
uqjziX5.png
zc1u5b1.png
zRC9Kdq.png
E6llTH4.png
yWDovR5.png
mHXJnVw.png
0XrfIA5.png
pEO2ZfM.png
BgUCUcQ.png

8fcUVZy.png
y6H8lse.png
QduZKqH.png
lvCDOje.png
bFP54m4.png
J4k4etL.png

All of that is like...character development. Zelda was developed as this sweet girl with an anti-bully, slightly witty attitude. She had a playful side too. Link was developed as a snoozer; he apparently was dull-witted despite his potential, and he also slept in and dozed off a lot. All of that shizzle was THROWN AWAY once Link touched down on the surface. Why?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Ventus said:
All of that shizzle was THROWN AWAY once Link touched down on the surface. Why?
You're kidding, right? Their lives changed completely once they found out their true destinies. They weren't the two little school children on Skyloft anymore. They were now the Goddess and the Hero of Legend.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
All of that is like...character development. Zelda was developed as this sweet girl with an anti-bully, slightly witty attitude. She had a playful side too. Link was developed as a snoozer; he apparently was dull-witted despite his potential, and he also slept in and dozed off a lot. All of that shizzle was THROWN AWAY once Link touched down on the surface. Why?

Um... it wasn't. We were chasing Zelda down the entire first half, and there were two cutscenes where we caught up with her, but didn't manage to actually catch up. You could see the relationship between them in their facial expressions in both of those scenes. And, of course, there was the crystal scene, which sent countless fans on a feels trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom