• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spyro Trilogy remastered

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It seems to be the case that if you buy the physical copy of Spyro (regardless of console) only the first game is actually on the disc.

Games 2 and 3 require downloading. Naturally i've seen a lot of angry people and it may mean buying the trilogy preowned at a later date would only net you the first game if the others are downloadable via a code.

This is honestly maddening, I buy physically so I actually have what I'm paying for. While personally I'm not fussed about resale value, unnecessary/large downloads are extremely annoying as somebody without incredible internet too.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It seems to be the case that if you buy the physical copy of Spyro (regardless of console) only the first game is actually on the disc.

Games 2 and 3 require downloading. Naturally i've seen a lot of angry people and it may mean buying the trilogy preowned at a later date would only net you the first game if the others are downloadable via a code.
Doesn't affect me since I'll be downloading the game anyway, but it's a very strange decision. I imagine there's a technical reason for it, but I don't really see what that could be. If all three Crash games can fit on a disc I don't see why all three Spyro games wouldn't. It almost entirely makes the physical release redundant. Bad news for those with poor internet or tight hard-drive space. Hopefully the full game will be on disc at some stage in near future.

Look at this goddamned bear. He looks so magnificent. The best Moneybags money can buy
Can't wait to beat the flip out of him to get my gems back. Just hoping Elora and Bianca are still cutie patooties. Reveal when?!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
What an outlandish accusation! I won't stand for this kind of slander.

1099198.jpg

Dan

This is honestly maddening, I buy physically so I actually have what I'm paying for. While personally I'm not fussed about resale value, unnecessary/large downloads are extremely annoying as somebody without incredible internet too.

It sucks fam. You know what I do when I essentially rent something from steam/any online service? I download a cracked version so I don't have to deal with DRM. You could always stick it on a disc afterwards.

Also Moneybags looks smashing.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Yeah, it's utter bullcrap. Watch Activision put some kind of paywall in place to monetize from the digital acquisition of the other two games. They need to be put in their place.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
This dude who I've never heard of and thus have no way to gauge his credibility says he "has a source" who says the delay is so that all three games can be put on the disc. Supposedly Activision was pushing for the game to be released in September and the digital only release of Spyro 2 and 3 was a result of this. The delay is specifically so that all three games can be included in the physical release, according to this guy.

As I said, doesn't really affect me, but I do hope this turns out to be true as I think a lot of people are put off getting the game entirely because of this, and the more people who play Spyro the better because Spyro is a good boy and he deserves friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom