• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spyro Trilogy remastered

Dan

A part of me always wanted this to be remade. I loved this game series growing up, the first was always my favourite though. Spyro was the first 3D game I played that didn't have a linear level design(compared to other games around the time).

The new graphics do look amazing and I'll probably play it at some point. I will admit I think a lot of the charm for me was the nostalgia, I liked the older graphics a lot, there was something about them that made the game feel different to me.

Can't wait to see what these look like in the new game:
latest

Bi-curious what you guys think of the above.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I imagine if Crash does well on the Switch they'll port Spyro too.

I dunno about that i'd imagine porting to comp would be better, just due to a larger audience. My bigger interest is are they gonna lock some stuff behind DLC or will it be cosmetics? I'm just assuming there'll be DLC because let's face it everything gets stuck with it.

Dan

I dunno about that i'd imagine porting to comp would be better, just due to a larger audience. My bigger interest is are they gonna lock some stuff behind DLC or will it be cosmetics? I'm just assuming there'll be DLC because let's face it everything gets stuck with it.

Ah thought you were hoping it would come out on Switch as it didn't even cross my mind that they would port it to PC, which is a shame as I would love to have it on my preferred platform. I don't think Crash had cosmetics or dlc? I doubt they would add those anyway given these titles are banking on nostalgia. Activision would get a lot of **** if they put an old level behind a paywall.

I wouldn't mind if they added a dozen new levels accompanied by totally different aesthetics as DLC, have said levels accessible by a bridge that you have to pay Moneybags who's now sporting an Activision jacket to open it.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I am SUPER psyched, I was just as psyched for the kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 remake as well as Crash N. Sane trilogy. I loved Spyro growing up... although I only played the first 2 I can't wait to play them all with updated graphics!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Super excited for this game. Before I ever owned my first Nintendo console (Gamecube), I had a PS1 with the entire trilogy on it. I played all three, and while I never beat them, I loved them to death. Great games, can't wait to try them again.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm pretty excited. I only ever got to play one of the demos, so it'll be nice to finally get the play the full games!

Everybody talks about Spyro and I'm like "what even is this?"... I don't care very much

You're too young. Maybe you'd recognize him more from Skylanders. Lol

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'm sooooo excited for this! I have so many good memories of playing these games growing up. My favorite was Year of the Dragon.

I never beat these games as a kid so I'm looking forward to finally doing it as an adult.

@Dan, other than that tree creature, what other characters/worlds are you most excited to see remastered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom