• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spyro Trilogy remastered

Dan

I'm sooooo excited for this! I have so many good memories of playing these games growing up. My favorite was Year of the Dragon.

I never beat these games as a kid so I'm looking forward to finally doing it as an adult.

@Dan, other than that tree creature, what other characters/worlds are you most excited to see remastered?

All the dream weaver levels. Lofty castle and dark passage especially. Lofty castle was is a pleasent dream. Dark Passage is a nightmare.

Lofty castle:
giphy.gif

Dark Passage:
When the jesters lantern goes out the cute animals turn into demons!
tumblr_o5ypad8TZZ1v9zzzno1_500.gif

It's hard to pick favourites as the spyro games had really great designs. I look forward to seeing these characters remade:

I always thought it was generous of Gnasty Gnorc to employ the help of the special people!
Malefoolbig.jpg

Dr Shemp
giphy.gif

Lastly the druids that raise the ground and laugh at you like you're the biggest idiot in the world.

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm also a big fan of the old Graphics and games. I think thats why I don't really care much about this. From comparison pictures I've seen I still flock to the older ones. Old Spyro himself also looks better. I felt the same about the crash remakes and after playing them I didn't change my mind.
But hey, if this helps make a new Spyro game later thats actually good, I'm game!

Reactions: Dan

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Loved these games on PS1. There were are so many wacky character designs that I can't wait to see remastered. I really hope it comes to Switch, as it's the only system I'd play it on, to be honest.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm looking forward to this a lot. Spyro is my favourite game from the PlayStation. I still listen to the soundtrack whenever I'm reading or doing some writing, and my desktop background is a slideshow of pictures from the original three games. I think the new graphics are great. They're chunky with bold colours and well defined shapes. Sometimes things remind me of a very decorative cake, which sounds odd but there you go.

My friend Neil and I both love Spyro and, like we did with the Crash games and Oddworld: New n Tasty, we'll be getting together to play through these again and no doubt having an utter blast while doing so.

I've seen almost nothing but people complaining that the game looks awful, with people nitpicking the numbers when gems are collected not being made of polygons and Spyro's flight/glide animation being too "stiff". He doesn't wiggle his butt as much anymore, but it's hardly going to make the game suck. I liked the Crash remakes a lot and hoped they'd follow up with mah boi Spyro, so I'm very pleased to see this shaping up well. Hopefully they'll start showing us some Spyro 2 footage soon.

Shame it's for PS4 really.
Crash is coming to Switch and has just recently been released on Steam, so I imagine Spyro will follow suit. Good things come to those who wait.
My bigger interest is are they gonna lock some stuff behind DLC or will it be cosmetics?
The only DLC for the Crash remake was a free download of a level that was cut from the original Crash Bandicoot. I don't think there's anything to worry about on the DLC front with this one.
Everybody talks about Spyro and I'm like "what even is this?"... I don't care very much
When will they make it illegal to have been born after 1998?

Dan

I'm looking forward to this a lot. Spyro is my favourite game from the PlayStation. I still listen to the soundtrack whenever I'm reading or doing some writing, and my desktop background is a slideshow of pictures from the original three games. I think the new graphics are great. They're chunky with bold colours and well defined shapes. Sometimes things remind me of a very decorative cake, which sounds odd but there you go.

My friend Neil and I both love Spyro and, like we did with the Crash games and Oddworld: New n Tasty, we'll be getting together to play through these again and no doubt having an utter blast while doing so.

I've seen almost nothing but people complaining that the game looks awful, with people nitpicking the numbers when gems are collected not being made of polygons and Spyro's flight/glide animation being too "stiff". He doesn't wiggle his butt as much anymore, but it's hardly going to make the game suck. I liked the Crash remakes a lot and hoped they'd follow up with mah boi Spyro, so I'm very pleased to see this shaping up well. Hopefully they'll start showing us some Spyro 2 footage soon.

Crash is coming to Switch and has just recently been released on Steam, so I imagine Spyro will follow suit. Good things come to those who wait.

The only DLC for the Crash remake was a free download of a level that was cut from the original Crash Bandicoot. I don't think there's anything to worry about on the DLC front with this one.

When will they make it illegal to have been born after 1998?

Given how obsessed everyone has become with twerking it's understandable a few sexually charged people are disappointed with a lack of dragon butt wiggling.

I think my only gripe is the colours are too highly saturated which results in some levels loosing the feel they had in the original trilogy.

I never played Spyro. I think I'll try it finally.

Download them or purchase the trilogy from the Playstation store right now!

Last edited:

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I've been looking at PS1s for ages hoping to find one with a copy of OG Spyro. Absolutely chuffed to see a remaster coming.

Dan

I've been looking at PS1s for ages hoping to find one with a copy of OG Spyro. Absolutely chuffed to see a remaster coming.

I don't think its that hard to find a copy of the old Spyro games? Hopefully you'll find one that doesn't come scratched, my old copies were and the music would attempt to play for 5 seconds then cut out, it was really sad.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I don't think its that hard to find a copy of the old Spyro games? Hopefully you'll find one that doesn't come scratched, my old copies were and the music would attempt to play for 5 seconds then cut out, it was really sad.
It might be region dependent; PAL games are notoriously hard to find/overpriced. It isn’t really the case for Spyro but normally there’s only one copy of each game available at any one time.

It seems to be the case that if you buy the physical copy of Spyro (regardless of console) only the first game is actually on the disc.

Games 2 and 3 require downloading. Naturally i've seen a lot of angry people and it may mean buying the trilogy preowned at a later date would only net you the first game if the others are downloadable via a code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom