• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

*Spoilers* Two Ghost Ships

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I think there are two Ghost Ship's. The reason I think this is not as simple as 'because they look different on the inside,' because I am used to Nintendo using different designs for things which are supposed to be the same, Link's tunic is a prime example (fanny pack?!)

The reason I believe that there are two ghost ships is because, in WW when you are collecting Tri-force charts, you have to enter the Ghost Ship. We hear rumours in-game about the treasure which is contained in the Ghost Ship and this turns out to be a triforce chart.

HOWEVER, at the VERY beginning of PH, before the game even starts, we see Link and Tetra going after the Ghost Ship, Tetra then climbs aboard in search of the treasure which is said to be contained there. IF this was the same Ghost Ship, surely Link would warn her of the danger aboard and tell her that he already has the treasure which is supposed to be aboard the ship. However he does not and allows her to board. It is therefore clear that she does not know that Link has the treasure, I take this to mean, it is a different Ghost Ship.

Also, when you are aboard the Ghost Ship in PH, it is very different to that of WW and not just in design. The Ghost Ship in WW is very very small with only one main room and another small room containing a treasure chest. The Ghost Ship in PH has three floors, Phantoms, Posessed sisters, Safe-Zones etc etc.

So. What do you think?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Interesting, but naaaaw.

You see, obtaining the treasure in the Ghost Ship in The Wind Waker really doesn't effect the story- if you don't do it, nothing changes story-wise; if you do obtain it, all it really does is effect YOUR map, not the story. That would explain why nothing was said about it in Phantom Hourglass. It's basically carrying a big mystery from one game over to another so that it could be further explained. Clever, IMO.

[THE OCEAN KING]

"The Ghost Ship was made to drain that life force. They used a story of treasure to lure people in. It wasn't enough for Bellum to steal MY life force. He had to take what little he could from the people. Tetra must have had a bold, vibrant soul. The Ghost Ship was drawn to that power. She didn't find it... It found her." (SOURCE)

This quote lets us know that the Ghost Ship was an object created for a certain purpose. Had more been created, they'd have been mentioned.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
The Ghost Ship in WW doesn't absorb Link's life force though. Also, my point is that Link would have told Tetra that he had the treasure from the Ghost Ship and there would therefore be no point in her boarding the ship or even looking for it in the first place, because there would be no treasure left. She would know that because Link would have told her that he had taken the only treasure.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
hmm that is an interesting thought, but i think the ghost ship from WW and the one from the begining of PH are the same, link and tetra were in search of new adventures and came across this ship. However I believe the Ghost Ship has some connection with the spirit/dream world (maybe the ship is influenced by bellums evil powers after WW?) and so when they boarded they were thrown into a completely new area of the ocean. after this event the ghost ship itself did seem a lot different in structure and appearance. So as an afterword I think after the transportation the ship may have changed with the dream/spirit world or the ship may in fact have a sister ship in another region of the ocean and the two are connected, but i thinks its more plausible that bellum takes control of the Ghost Ship and changes it for his own purposes.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they chase after the ghost ship in PH only because it has Tetra? I don't recall them chasing it for treasure, only because it has Tetra. Also, it's quite obvious that the power of the ghost ship is very mysterious and can do multiple things (like creating a seeming large inner dungeon). It's a ghost ship which gives it certain mysterious capabilities and the fact that it's so different from the one in WW (which I think is the same ship in both games) just adds to it's mysterious aura.

I think we are meant to believe it's the same ghost ship because they call it "the" ghost ship, not "a" ghost ship. The fact that it's a ghost ship is what allows it to be so different in both games. If it made sense then it wouldn't be much of a scary ghost ship, would it?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Hmmmm... I have to agree with you on it's ability to change shape. However, the reason the ghost ship GETS Tetra, is because they go looking for it. She then boards it trying to find the rumoured 'Treasure.' So they (being the pirate crew and Link) do go looking for the Ghost Ship other than to recover Tetra.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Well, maybe that is true cuz Link and Tetra are in another region, and so, yeah its probally a diffrent Ghost Ship.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I assumed it was a different one from the Wind Waker one. If it truly is a ghost ship, then there's probably dozens and dozens of them, because more than one ship would have gone down in the Great Sea since it's creation. Perhaps it only comes ships who have sucumbed to the waves under special circumstances though, in which case there could only be a few.

That, or perhaps it's the same one, but it takes on different forms? I don't know about any laws of what ghosts can and cannot do, but maybe it's just a spirit that is never the same. I'm not really basing this on anything other than the fact that it makes it creepier though. :)

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Tetra didn't necessarily want treasure from the Ghost Ship- she wanted to take down the pirates perpetuating the "hoax"- Remember how she said "there are rules to being pirates"? Anyway, I'm inclined to think that WW's Ghost Ship is likely the same one, but at that point it was likely ruled/controlled by the Diabolical Cubus Sisters. In PH, Bellum has taken control of the ship, hence why Link didn't get petrified in WW, but Tetra did in PH.
Remember the Cubus Sisters were imprisoned in PH? They used Link to free each other, and then, when they again had control, tried to banish Link. It's clear that they weren't in control until afterwards, given the Reapling attacks and enemies that impeded their progress. So the Cubus Sisters were the GS's owners in WW, but in PH Bellum's power made it much more menacing.

E

Enraikou

But in the start of PH, link was slepping so he might be confused.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think there are two Ghost Ship's. The reason I think this is not as simple as 'because they look different on the inside,' because I am used to Nintendo using different designs for things which are supposed to be the same, Link's tunic is a prime example (fanny pack?!)

The reason I believe that there are two ghost ships is because, in WW when you are collecting Tri-force charts, you have to enter the Ghost Ship. We hear rumours in-game about the treasure which is contained in the Ghost Ship and this turns out to be a triforce chart.

HOWEVER, at the VERY beginning of PH, before the game even starts, we see Link and Tetra going after the Ghost Ship, Tetra then climbs aboard in search of the treasure which is said to be contained there. IF this was the same Ghost Ship, surely Link would warn her of the danger aboard and tell her that he already has the treasure which is supposed to be aboard the ship. However he does not and allows her to board. It is therefore clear that she does not know that Link has the treasure, I take this to mean, it is a different Ghost Ship.

Also, when you are aboard the Ghost Ship in PH, it is very different to that of WW and not just in design. The Ghost Ship in WW is very very small with only one main room and another small room containing a treasure chest. The Ghost Ship in PH has three floors, Phantoms, Posessed sisters, Safe-Zones etc etc.

So. What do you think?

I agree completely. Crap i need more words. Oh well. Oh yeah! Finally after one long week i reached my 150th post yay me! (yes that was a reference to london from the suite life of zack and cody/on deck).

onewafighter1

Turaga
I think the ghost ship can rebuild itself! Because in Wind Waker there are those ship parts inside that one island(I can't remember the name.) It can easily rearrange itself with those parts if it needed too. More evidence is that you get the Ghost Ship Map on the island too! Also maybe link just forgot that he already got the treasure and let tetra go on with her plan. Maybe Bellum didn't suspect anything when link came aboard the first time, but when Link(now with complete tri-force) and Tetra(Zelda) come aboard he sets the trap, capturing them in an alternate universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom