• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Afterthoughts

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
The thing is, compared to most DS games Spirit Tracks is an amazing game. But compared to the other Zelda titles it is probably the worst game in the series.

The music was the best thing about the game, and the array of puzzles was good aswell. But when it comes to the storyline....it was so predictable! It was pretty obvious what was going to happen and once I got the hang of defeating the deamon train and puppet zelda I could do it with my eyes closed. The end battle, however, was a little more tedious but nothing compared to some of the other game's bosses.

I do love the idea of having Toon Link playing through the game but the train! It took forever! And, worst of all, there were all those enemies along the way so you couldn't leave your DS unattended without dying. D: I also thought the repetition of Phantoms a bit annoying, I don't think they should have repeated the whole: Temple, tower, temple, tower thing. Like with the Temple of the Ocean King. Atleast you weren't time though.

So to be honest Spirit Tracks dissapointed me. But I loved the music.

I really like the game. It's than Phantom Hourglass in my opinion. The only problem I have is the final boss where you have to protect Zelda from Malladus. I thought that it was crucial to me that Zelda took a little long to charge up and restart when Zelda gets hit once. The other phases were really great. The Demon Train was great and probably has the best music in all of Zelda. The phase after that where Zelda has to reach to Malladus in her possessed body was very unique. The fight against Malladus where Zelda shoots arrows at his back was great, but I still like the second phase better.

I never bother about collecting the bunnies because they were hard to catch and were tideous. I did get sick of hearing the enemies' theme in the overworld because I just want to get to my destination without any delay or interuptions. Playing songs with the flute with the sand sage was pretty frustrating since I "somehow" keep screwing up.

Aside from the negative stuffs I said in the last paragraph, it was a great game overall and I was glad to see Niko in the game :D

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I remember everyone swooning about this game when it came back in November.... and I just finished it a few weeks ago (100%) I enjoy all the side quests, like the stamp book and the bunnies, but the storyline.... like Hero said before me, great start and ending, but the middle was really sparse. Thats what kinda killed it for me. I loved PH because I swear after every temple/when you first come to an island there was a cut scene, ranging from something important to just Celia(sp) and Linebeck bickering at eachother. And I loved that. ST is a good game, but not a strong story line.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Hmmm, it's my first and only Zelda game, so I suppose with all your comments that it's just a warm up for me...

My 7 year old cousin has trouble with the game. The boomerang is his problem. I have to help him with the game every time I see him!!!:)

I enjoyed it, though, despite your nasty comments. :(

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
It was a GREAT game but it just doesn't live up to Zelda's standards. So it wasn't the best or the worst, it was kind of in the middle in my opinion.
The music was great so was the controls and graphics. On the downside the story just stopped, and the Spirit Flute. I would rate it 8/10.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I actually quite liked Spirit Tracks, the gameplay, temples...etc were great, unlike some of the ones in Phantom Hourglass.

The Tower of Spirits wasnt as monotonous as the Temple of the Ocean King, which was a major plus for me. I hated that cursed temple in Ph. :dry:

The soundtrack for ST was one of the best i've heard in a long time. Just listen to the overworld theme! It sounds heroic and determined, which is Link's style.

The only flaw I had with ST was the lack of Cole and Byrne. They only appeared at the beginning, and again at the end. No appearence whatsoever during the middle segments. When they actually made an appearence, it was only for a few seconds. (Cole, not Byrne).

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
(Please not that this is solely my OPINION)

I thought Spirit Tracks was good. I just don't get why people don't like it:hmm: (Spoilers!)

Well, the music was great, especially the Link and Zelda duet. It wasn't like Phantom Hourglass, where there's only one dungeon theme, one island theme, ect.

The puzzles, I swear, stumped me a few times, that I had to look it up in the walkthrough. (And I don't do that often, unless it's Twilight Princess)

The overworld was... empty. You could only exit the train into the overworld only a few times, and I really missed traveling on foot. It's one of the flaws in this game, but traveling and "seeing the world" is one of the good qualities of a Zelda game.

The plot had a ton of twist and turns, which important, in my opinion. (The plot gives us writers an open opportunity to write, and some fan fiction in the fan works area is based in Spirit Tracks.) No way we could've predicted that Bryne would join Link, Zelda and Anjean later in the story! Or Malladus the final boss, instead of Cole.

I'm only going to make an exception on graphics, since it's a DS game. The graphics aren't really what I prefer, so I'm not going to rate that part.

But overall, this is a pretty good game. I get why people don't like it, now. But why do you think it's a bad game, solely on the overworld part? There are other good aspects of the game! Why not concentrate on those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom