• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Spaceballs: The Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player

Mido

Version 1
ALIT was the vessel? Interesting.

With Pendio virtually confirmed town by not heeding my advice and instead going into ludicrous speed, this leaves our targets among myself, Minish_Link, and Mellow Ezlo. Of the three, I imagine I'm likely the primary lynch target. I've made more errors than the other two. I'm going to work on separate cases once I get home. Process of elimination indicates from my view Minish and Mezlo as our lone star and Vespa.

For the town: do not hammer the wagon too quickly. I presume I'll be getting many a vote, and I know this is a bad argument, but we should take caution here.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Assuming Bok is still definitely town (because I guess anything could be possible and he could be scum), that leaves three people including myself, since Pendio seems to be proven town. If there are two mafia in this game, then that make it clear to me who those two are, since I know I'm town. However, if there's only one mafia in this game then that certainly complicates things a bit. I'll have to reread Mido's and Mezlo's posts too see if either of them stick out as more scummy than the other, incase this is just a one maf game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Honestly, I'm not sure about Bok anymore. I've been getting warier and warier as the days go by because he has completely disappeared since day 2, when he started being able to post normally.

Pendio is town, this is as good as confirmed now. Minish hasn't done anything that really stood out to me as suspicious yet, but if I narrow it down to me, Mido, and Minish, Then Mido and Minish have to be our scum team. I don't have much to say for myself in terms of defense, but I did softclaim earlier. I believed I had something to do with YIGAhim's death, and I standby that because it doesn't seem like Alit was NK'd. I'll say this now: I know exactly why Libk used the scenes he did in each of his night posts. You may have noticed they are not in chronological order, but why could that be? Look at the one character who appears in them all, and you'll get your answer.

So why claim now? Because Bok is inactive and Pendio is as good as confirmed town, so his is the deciding vote today. The three of us could argue amongst ourselves all day and get nowhere, so I wanted to get this out of the way early on.

I'm worried, though, of the possibility that there may be only one scum in this game (which would be Lonestar). I find it unlikely, because of Pendio's original role, but it's a definite possibility. If there are two, I'd wager it's Mido and Minish, but if there's just one, then it gets a little tougher.

One thing I find interesting is the fact that Mido did not mention Bok in his latest post, even though Bok is still alive. Could Mido be attempting to keep him off our radar? I almost feel like Mido and Bok could be our scum team and Minish is town, the main problem is that I don't think Mido would let Bok be this inactive (unless they can't communicate privately, which is totally possible in a game like this).

So basically, I've got Mido + Minish or Mido + Bok as our scum team. Since Mido is the one that appears in both equations, he gets my vote (I don't see Minish and Bok as a likely team).

Vote: Mido

And tbh, I'm OK with this vote, especially after Mido's recent post. I don't like when players talk about the mistakes they've made, it seems like an appeal to sympathy which is a scum tell to me. And Mido has been doing that a lot during this game.

I suggest nobody else vote for Mido right now though, keep him at L-2 for now, just to ensure that we can get some decent discussion going. In case Mido is town, even at L-2 he's possibly in danger, but it would be very easy for scum to vote him for a win if he was at L-1.

Pen

The game is on!
I agree with Tristan even though I see a possibility of him being scum too. I voted Mido yesterday and I still think he's the best candidate. I will hold off on voting him for the time being though.

Mido

Version 1

And tbh, I'm OK with this vote, especially after Mido's recent post. I don't like when players talk about the mistakes they've made, it seems like an appeal to sympathy which is a scum tell to me. And Mido has been doing that a lot during this game.

I suggest nobody else vote for Mido right now though, keep him at L-2 for now, just to ensure that we can get some decent discussion going. In case Mido is town, even at L-2 he's possibly in danger, but it would be very easy for scum to vote him for a win if he was at L-1.

I've mainly done this because I admittedly lost all my momentum after the DekuNut Lynch. It's bad play for sure, but I've already wet the bed to such a point I can't see myself digging out of it.

As far as your softclaiming goes, this makes things murkier. The fact that ALIT was Spaceballs 1 of all things blurs the waters. I've brought up on previous days that Bok's claim could be false, and you are right in that his lack of presence since Day 2 is troubling. And in light of your softclaim, I think I better understand the dichotomy here. If you're feeling the truth, then we have our heads of the ship. As far as how your role works, I think ALIT's death may have had something to do with your head being on backwards.

Now as far as my role is concerned, softclaiming may not do me any good since I forget who has and who has not seen Spaceballs.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Mido is also my biggest suspect at the moment, but I'll hold off on voting so we can keep up discussion. I feel like he's been trying to play off that he's made a lot of mistakes this game, when I haven't seen him really mess up much. Like I've said before, he seems to be doing a lot better this game than his past few games, which makes me think he could be trying harder since he is scum.

There have been so many soft-claims this game though, that it really makes it seem like there is no scum. Of the people left, only Mido and myself haven't softclaimed, though Mido believes that softclaiming may do him no good. And having never seen the movie, I'm not entirely sure how I would softclaim my role. I also don't believe any of you will pick up on what my role is, since it's really subtle.

I've seen it. :)
Since you're our only confirmed townie, and you've seen the movie, do you have an idea of what role Mezlo is softclaiming? And if so, do you believe that claim?

If Mezlo's softclaim checks out, then it seems like either Mido could be our only scum, or Bok was lying at the beginning of the game and he's the second scum along with Mido. Either way, it definitely looks like Mido is our best choice for lynch.

Pen

The game is on!
Since you're our only confirmed townie, and you've seen the movie, do you have an idea of what role Mezlo is softclaiming? And if so, do you believe that claim?

I can't say I've picked up on his soft claim tbh. I haven't been able to find where he did soft claim. However, the flavour scene we had saying that Mezlo's head was on backwards hints at him being Dark Helmet. At least that's the only connection I'm able to draw from that. Of course I could be wrong but if it's true, then Mezlo is indeed with the Town.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The only thing is, Bok said at the beginning that he hadn't seen Spaceballs before either, so while it is possible he was lying at the beginning, how would he know about the beeps and the creeps without having seen the movie first to make up the role? Honestly, the only reason I'm wary of him is because of his disappearance after Day 2. And then there's also the fact that Mido failed to mention him in his first post today when he was listing the living players, when Bok is in fact still alive (although that is an understandable oversight, as Bok is inactive, and it's also possible Mido was simply trying to frame him).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I can't say I've picked up on his soft claim tbh. I haven't been able to find where he did soft claim. However, the flavour scene we had saying that Mezlo's head was on backwards hints at him being Dark Helmet. At least that's the only connection I'm able to draw from that. Of course I could be wrong but if it's true, then Mezlo is indeed with the Town.

That certainly makes sense, and it seems like that character would definitely be included in the list of roles in this game. Taking that into consideration, it looks like just one scum is highly likely. With a high chance of Dark Helmet being in the game, Mezlo seems to be the only person who could be that role, since you're not, and I know I'm not.

The only thing is, Bok said at the beginning that he hadn't seen Spaceballs before either, so while it is possible he was lying at the beginning, how would he know about the beeps and the creeps without having seen the movie first to make up the role? Honestly, the only reason I'm wary of him is because of his disappearance after Day 2. And then there's also the fact that Mido failed to mention him in his first post today when he was listing the living players, when Bok is in fact still alive (although that is an understandable oversight, as Bok is inactive, and it's also possible Mido was simply trying to frame him).

That is true, and the only explanation I could think of for Bok knowing about the beeps and creeps would be scum only chat being usable throughout the entire game, and a scum buddy told him to do it to gain town cred. Though that seems like a bit of a stretch. I would also think if that were the case then the scum buddy would be encouraging Bok to be more active.

All of this leads me to believe that Mido is our only scum. I should be on at eod, so I'll wait until then to cast my vote incase Mido has a defense he wants to post, but as of now, that's where my vote will be.

Pen

The game is on!

If the game keeps going after Mido's death my prime suspect will be Minish_Link since there's a good possibility we have Tristan's and Bok's roles figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom