• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Spaceballs: The Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think two mafia members seems feasible at this point mainly because of Pendio's post on it. If there were more, the game would be over, although in hindsight, say there are three with six left, we'd be in lylo right now.

The opening post does say that Lonestar and his crew win if they take out all the Spaceballs though. So it seems like even if it were three scum, against one Spaceball, they would still have to get rid of the remaining Spaceball. Also, while re-reading that, I noticed something interesting. It says Spaceballs win if they can get rid of any threats to their plan. I may be reading into this too much, but that kinda sounds like Spaceballs win even in just one mafia dies.

Pen

The game is on!
But there would be no point in continuing the game now if there are three Mafia members left, no matter their win-con. If there are three of them, aka half of us, they could just all vote on one of us which would result in either that Townie's death or a tie (no-lynch) depending on how we vote. We cannot possibly lynch a mafioso if there are as many as three rn. And if today ended in a no-lynch due to a tie the Mafia would just kill one of us tonight. What I'm trying to say is that if there are three Mafia members left we have no way of winning from this moment on. Therefor there has to be no more than two. Unless of course the bastard hosting this game just enjoys toying with us for no good reason. :P

Mido

Version 1
Perhaps, but I do think the Lylo thing spins scrapped given what Minish_Link reminded me about in terms of wincon. I'm inclined still to go with the two theory, and as for my back-and-forth thoughts on Mezlo, I rescind my previous statement on him potentially being scum in reference to the day scene. Not enough to suggest such a point, only pointing out that YIGA targeted him.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So it does look like YIGAhim targeted me last night. I think his death might have something to do with my role as well, given the relative unpredictability of my abilities. Just a hunch though.

I think three mafia in this game is totally plausible. That would mean we're tied in numbers, but why should that mean the mafia have won? As far as we've seen, it doesn't look like there are night kills in this game, and if all three mafia voted for one person today, it still wouldn't be a majority. If anything, this would be lylo, but since there are seemingly no night kills, then realistically, the game could still go on until it was 2 townies and 3 mafia (since then the mafia would simply majority lynch without trouble). So there could still be three mafia. In a game this size, though, I would think it's more likely that there are only two.

The above, of course, is under the assumption that my role had something to do with YIGA's death, which it's possible it didn't, I honestly don't know (I just assumed such because of the lack of nightkills thus far).

As far as suspicions go, I'm actually starting to lean more towards Mido now. I need to look back on his earlier posts and see. Assuming there are two scum in this game, I'd probably personally go with Mido and Pendio. If there are three left, I'd add ALIT to that list. Minish looks pretty good to me right now, and Bok is still leaning town only because of his earlier post restriction (and I was going by what others said about him). I'd like him to speak up a bit though.

@Bok of the Wild do you have anything to say about the current situation? Or is your post restriction back?

As it stands, I think I'd be ok with a Mido or Pendio lynch, but I'm kind of leaning more towards Pendio atm, because of this:

Hmm so there are night killers after all. Let me go refresh my mind on what's been happening in this game. All I know right now is that I'm no longer as inclined to lynch the game mod.
I don't like this post at all. I didn't like the idea of voting Libk in the first place, and it really did feel like an attempt at a distraction, but this post doesn't sit right with me. Considering Libk only mentioned Pendio and YIGAhim at the end of the day, and not himself, I think it's quite clear that voting Libk wouldn't have actually done anything. So what's with this wording? "I'm not as inclined to lynch the game mod." Honestly, it sounds like Pendio's treating it as a joke now, because that statement sounds really sarcastic to me, when he was totally serious about it the previous day. Why not just say "well it's obvious voting for Libk did no good, no point going for that again" or something like that. It sounds like a part of him still likes that idea.

@Pendio when you say you're not "as inclined" to vote for Libk anymore, does that mean you're still willing to?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also, in Pendio's first post today, he immediately jumped to the conclusion that YIGA's death was a night kill, when especially in a bastard game, there are tons of other possibilities for why he had died. Pendio, as someone who seemingly believes anything can be possible in this game (considering yesterday he voted for the freaking game mod), should've considered other options instead of jumping to conclusions.

Pen

The game is on!
I don't like this post at all. I didn't like the idea of voting Libk in the first place, and it really did feel like an attempt at a distraction, but this post doesn't sit right with me. Considering Libk only mentioned Pendio and YIGAhim at the end of the day, and not himself, I think it's quite clear that voting Libk wouldn't have actually done anything. So what's with this wording? "I'm not as inclined to lynch the game mod." Honestly, it sounds like Pendio's treating it as a joke now, because that statement sounds really sarcastic to me, when he was totally serious about it the previous day. Why not just say "well it's obvious voting for Libk did no good, no point going for that again" or something like that. It sounds like a part of him still likes that idea.

You're reading way too much into it I this.

@Pendio when you say you're not "as inclined" to vote for Libk anymore, does that mean you're still willing to?

No, after Libk's post at the end of yesterday I'm not willing, which is why I'm not staying on that.

I've actually been saving something which might be useful in proving my innocence. I can prepare the ship for ludicrous speed. If you want I'll do it. For anyone know knows the source material, it should confirm me. I just don't want to waste the day on Townies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You're reading way too much into it I this.

No, after Libk's post at the end of yesterday I'm not willing, which is why I'm not staying on that.
Maybe I am, but that doesn't mean my point isn't valid. Little things like this can be huge in the grand scheme of things, and making sure you're very careful about the way you word things can be the difference between getting lynched and staying alive. Regardless of whether or not you meant it as such, the way you worded it made it look like you were still on it, which caught my eye as being suspicious. I am still suspicious of you for your vote on Libk yesterday, I have a hard time seeing that as anything more than an attempt at a distraction.

I've actually been saving something which might be useful in proving my innocence. I can prepare the ship for ludicrous speed. If you want I'll do it. For anyone know knows the source material, it should confirm me. I just don't want to waste the day on Townies.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt now though, because I have a general policy to trust softclaims. I will, however, ask if someone who knows about Spaceballs can confirm that what you're saying here makes sense?

Mido

Version 1
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt now though, because I have a general policy to trust softclaims. I will, however, ask if someone who knows about Spaceballs can confirm that what you're saying here makes sense?

It checks out if he's telling the truth. Going back a bit, I honestly previously saw your point on the matter of Pendio, with my only qualm being would Mafia try something so far out of left field to begin with? Especially since the game has largely been played through town mishaps such as many of my own.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
But there would be no point in continuing the game now if there are three Mafia members left, no matter their win-con. If there are three of them, aka half of us, they could just all vote on one of us which would result in either that Townie's death or a tie (no-lynch) depending on how we vote. We cannot possibly lynch a mafioso if there are as many as three rn. And if today ended in a no-lynch due to a tie the Mafia would just kill one of us tonight. What I'm trying to say is that if there are three Mafia members left we have no way of winning from this moment on. Therefor there has to be no more than two. Unless of course the bastard hosting this game just enjoys toying with us for no good reason. :P

Unless mafia doesn't have a night kill, and a townie has the possibility to kill a mafia member with their role. From Yigahim's death, it seems like that could certainly be the case, if his death wasn't due to scum.

Since you have a general policy of trusting softclaims, I'd like to bring ALIT back into this. He made a softclaim, that you seemed to possibly recognize. If you trust both his and Pendio's softclaims, and believe that Bok and I are both town, that brings up the issue of you being scum with Mido. So either both Pendio and ALIT are telling the truth, and you're scum, or one/both are lying. I'm more inclined to believe Pendio's claim, because he stated an ability of his role, whereas ALIT's claim was more vague.

It checks out if he's telling the truth. Going back a bit, I honestly previously saw your point on the matter of Pendio, with my only qualm being would Mafia try something so far out of left field to begin with? Especially since the game has largely been played through town mishaps such as many of my own.

Hmm, this seems a little odd to me. Claiming that the game has been played through town mishaps, such as many of your own, kinda seems like you're trying to shift suspicion off of you. I haven't really seen you make many mistakes this game, especially compared to previous ones. And I could see scum trying to play off being a bad playing townie.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
"Preare ship, for ludicrous speed"

Day ends, 3 day periods are skipped. No votes count on this day. Those with night actions will get 3. Night ends in 36 hours at 12:30 am on Saturday the 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom