• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic Colors=best Sonic Game?

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
So I just beat Sonic Colors on the Wii a couple days ago, and I have to say, it really is a step up from the most recent games. To me, it's a near perfect game:D; I say near perfect because they call Robotnik Eggman:mad:. It's also odd to play a Sonic game in which the voice acting doesn't repel me; in fact, some of the dialog is pretty funny ("Let's make like Robotnik's hairline and recede!"^^) What are your thoughts about the game? Love it:love:? Hate it:mad:? Do you think it's the best:thinking:? It's definitely the best I've played; I'll probably never get a chance to play Sonic CD :( . Discuss:lol:.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I haven't played Sonic Colors, but so far Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite (and in my opinion, the most well-designed to boot). I sincerely doubt Sonic Colors will top that game, as it is also widely acclaimed as one of the greatest platformers of all time. I also enjoy Sonic 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic Advance 1.

Of the 3D games, Sonic Adventure is easily my favorite, as it has a nice balance of gameplay styles while still focusing on strong level design and platforming. I've always been amazed at how much it manages to be reminiscent of the classics in terms of visual style, music (it has my favorite music of all the Sonic games, which is saying something), and gameplay. It was daring, and it wasn't perfect, but it definitely has a special place in the franchise.

Will Sonic Colors be better? It may be more consistently high-quality than Adventure, but again, I doubt it will offer a better experience. I'll have to see when I play it. Suffice to say, if Sonic Colors really is the best in the whole franchise, that's an impressive accomplishment, which is a major part of the reason I doubt it.

Also, Eggman's name is not reason for rage, SEGA also said they were never going to change that, nor their character designs.

Unfortunate. Eggman comes off as a stupid name to most English-speaking audiences, and the character designs are awful. I much prefer classic character designs.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
It was the best Sonic game I've played, I think, other than the originals, but I don't really dig the level design. And was anyone else not able to get the shaking of the Wiimote to read?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Lol. I've actually started playing Sonic Colors and now I need to complete the final area. And yes, this is a big step up for Sega. This game is great. I'm happy to see that they manage to bring back water levels in a 3D Sonic game. Just hearing the almost out of breath music made me happy. Speaking of music, it's amazing. Sonic Colors has great music and some of the best graphics on the Wii. It was good that Sega took some tips from Nintendo's Mario Galaxy series, but it wasn't all that necessary. The game found the perfect balance on speed and platforming, which is good. The only thing that disappointed me about this game was the repetitive boss battles. My score for this game would be a 9/10. And that says a lot about this game. It says that Sega cares and is trying to bring back that blue blur into good video games for once. The game has it's downs, but nothing too big.

For the next Sonic game. I hope they keep the same formula as Colors and put Sonic back in his world (I would seriously love to see him back in Green Hill) and without any gimmicks. I would also like for them to bring back his burn rubber which has disappointed me ever since Unleashed along with bringing back Knuckles and Shadow.

Sonic Colors is definitely one of Sonic's best games along with...

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Colors

As for character designs and names I'd have to say that I like the designs of Sonic and his friends, but Eggman would be a whole lot cooler if his name were Robotnik again had a dark more sinister look like he did in the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.

And stop complaining about Eggman's name. He was Eggman first then Robotnik and Eggman again.:D

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Lol. I've actually started playing Sonic Colors and now I need to complete the final area. And yes, this is a big step up for Sega. This game is great. I'm happy to see that they manage to bring back water levels in a 3D Sonic game. Just hearing the almost out of breath music made me happy. Speaking of music, it's amazing. Sonic Colors has great music and some of the best graphics on the Wii. It was good that Sega took some tips from Nintendo's Mario Galaxy series, but it wasn't all that necessary. The game found the perfect balance on speed and platforming, which is good. The only thing that disappointed me about this game was the repetitive boss battles. My score for this game would be a 9/10. And that says a lot about this game. It says that Sega cares and is trying to bring back that blue blur into good video games for once. The game has it's downs, but nothing too big.

For the next Sonic game. I hope they keep the same formula as Colors and put Sonic back in his world (I would seriously love to see him back in Green Hill) and without any gimmicks. I would also like for them to bring back his burn rubber which has disappointed me ever since Unleashed along with bringing back Knuckles and Shadow.

Sonic Colors is definitely one of Sonic's best games along with...

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Colors

As for character designs and names I'd have to say that I like the designs of Sonic and his friends, but Eggman would be a whole lot cooler if his name were Robotnik again had a dark more sinister look like he did in the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.

And stop complaining about Eggman's name. He was Eggman first then Robotnik and Eggman again.:D

I reviewed Sonic Colors and gave it 7/10. Now that I think about it I was probably too harsh, but I was really annoyed with the Wiimote just not reading and some of the level design. Also the boss battles are bleh. I'm on the Aquarium Park boss and Sonic keeps drowning!

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
And was anyone else not able to get the shaking of the Wiimote to read?

I never even bothered with the Wiimote. Use a Gamecube Controller or Classic Controller. It's much much easier. :) And I had trouble with the aquarium boss too, but I think I only drowned once. There are air bubbles on either side of the stage so it's not that difficult. I kind of understand your complaints about bosses, but you gotta admit, the final boss was rather epicness.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I would not call it perfect, but sega is in the right direction of making a decent 3D Sonic game. It took sega long enough...damn...after al those years.
Finally its not JUST running foreward+jump+homing. I didn't likes the RPG element in Secret Rings and I didn't liked the swordplay in Black Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom