• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic and the Black Knight - Did You Enjoy It?

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? ^^

I was looking through my Wii collection and I happened to find my copy of Sonic and the Black Knight. I decided to play it again, and wow did I had a lot of fun! I am going to continue playing the game for a bit longer, hoping to unlock everything this time! :D What were your thoughts on this Sonic game? I personally found it very cool and unique from the rest of the series! I do hope to see another "Sonic Storybook" game sometime soon! :lol:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I own this game and I don't know why people say it's so bad it's so much fun! So yes I enjoyed it. :)

I enjoyed Black Knight,I had a lot of fun playing that game,but it really feels like Sega rushed the game,it was so short and I was expecting something closer to the Arthur books I've read,not a random and pointless story.

Skunk

Floof
Pesonally I hated it, the only fun in it was killing the little yoda villagers.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It was short, boring, unintuitive, and pathetically-designed all around. In other words, it was bad. So my answer?
e39.png

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Ah! Two hate comments already?! Honestly, can Sonic ever get a break? Goodness.

Anyways, I LOVE Sonic and the Black Knight! Sure, it's not normal Sonic formula, but I still like it nonetheless! That and I am sucker for anything medieval times-ish/

But besides that, I liked the gameplay, story was decent, and I like how they made Lancelot, Gawain and... goodness Percival... Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze, respectively.

Either way, it was great, IMO. c:

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
It's hard to give the Blue Blur a break when almost all his games for an entire decade sucked.

That's just one man's opinion. Personally, I find it hard to hate any game, that includes Sonic. ....unless the game makes me want to throw it out a window and strangle the people who made the game to death...

I'm sure nothing like that has popped up... yet...

Oh... you said 'almost'. Well...

I was really excited when I got Black Knight for Xmas. As I advanced though, I just found the game, as a whole, a bit...bland. It has its fun moments, sure, but can be repetitive and frustrating at times (is it me, or are the controls unresponsive sometimes?).

I don't hate Black Knight, I just wish it were better.

There is one thing I really like about the game however: the music. I could listen to "Knight of the Wind" and "Live Life" non-stop!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Eh, it's not that I hated the game; there are some things I liked and others that I disliked. Playing through The Black Knight, I found it to have an okay start, but the further I got, the deader it seemed to become. The missions were actually pretty decent, and I liked how each area played out almost like a classic Sonic level. On that note I think Sega would have done better with The Black Knight if they made an open-world hub that connected to each level (which are mostly optional sidequests). I'm a huge fan of exploration, so if I'd instead received an overworld brimming with enemies and content which Sonic could speed through and collect goodies, that would have made the game for more. Especially considering that it was oriented around the Medieval Times.

The thing I absolutely loathed, though, was the fight with King Arthur. I was literally dropped in the middle of a one-way boss battle with zero idea how to defeat him. I fought him, trying every sort of strategy that came to mind, and died at least fifteen times before finally looking it up on the 'Net (which is not something I enjoy because I want to figure things out on my own). Even then I couldn't seem to get the timing right, although I could've sworn that I brought the Wiimote down for the slash at the right time. In the end I deduced that my problem was poorly-constructed controls (on the games end) and lost my will to continue from there. :/

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
I also enjoyed sonic and the black knight. It was really fun and fast, I loved racing through the stages just slashing everything in sight, and the story wasn't bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom