• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something I Noticed in AoL

Whenever a boss is defeated in Zelda II: the Adventure of Link, they explode and make a bright light. Link has a shadow on the wall revealed from this light. I think this may be Shadow Link because the pillars and curtains don't make a shadow. Also, the reason it's shown when the boss combusts, is that it may be Dark Link coming out of Link to observe the demise of the boss himself, rather than view from Link's eyes. He may do this because he wants to take note of Links power, in preparation for the battle in the Great Palace. Do you guys agree?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Well, Dark Link doesn't actually exist until the end of the game, so it's sort of just an ominous sign of things to come I suppose. It is actually just your shadow at this point.

It only becomes Dark Link when the little sage decides to test Link to see if he is worthy of the Triforce piece. He does so by separatinjg Link's inner demons from himself, manifesting them in the form of Link's shadow. If Link beats his own inner demons, then he's worthy of Courage.

So, in a way, I guess it is kind of Dark Link in that it is how he is manifested at the end, but at that point in time he isn't sentient. Once I knew you fought your own shadow at the end, I always did like how they made the shadow appear though. Pretty nifty little nod of things to come.

I've actually been noticing Link's shadow appearing when a boss is defeated quite a lot lately. I never really gave too much thought into it, nor do I believe its actually Dark Link the boss. Its just an effect, but a nice foreshadowing of the events to come (whether or not the developers intended to do that).

So, in a way, I guess it is kind of Dark Link in that it is how he is manifested at the end, but at that point in time he isn't sentient. Once I knew you fought your own shadow at the end, I always did like how they made the shadow appear though. Pretty nifty little nod of things to come.

This is what I believe. Its sorta obvious to me that Dark/Shadow Link really isn't an evil boss or one of Ganon's followers attempting to kill Link in order to resurrect him. Dark Link is just a test to see if Link is worthy of taking the Triforce of Courage. The little old man at the end (in the room where you face Dark Link) is the Triforce keeper, and also apparently a magician. He is comparable, in my opinion, to all of the various Wisemen you meet throughout the game that teach you the magic spells. In a sense, Dark Link himself is a spell cast by the Triforce keeper.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Whenever a boss is defeated in Zelda II: the Adventure of Link, they explode and make a bright light. Link has a shadow on the wall revealed from this light. I think this may be Shadow Link because the pillars and curtains don't make a shadow. Also, the reason it's shown when the boss combusts, is that it may be Dark Link coming out of Link to observe the demise of the boss himself, rather than view from Link's eyes. He may do this because he wants to take note of Links power, in preparation for the battle in the Great Palace. Do you guys agree?

It could be fred, but what if it was just something that the nintendo dudes added on for a kind of affect. But that is a intersting suggestion and there is a chance it could be dark link :OD::OD:.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I think this is just a shadow. But perhaps Dark/Shadow Link is separating from him when a boss is defeated.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
makes me wanna play this game again. Thank God for Gamecube. Yes, it would make sense that the sage-guy would test Link to see if he's worthy. I mean, sure there's lots of other explanations. And we do see Dark Link reappear as a Mini-boss in OoT. Once again as a hurdle in order to get the Longshot item.

I am gonna take a wild stab at this and say that when the boss is defeated like you said, there is a shadow revealed. I would imagine that all the shadows combine together to form Shadow Link, and that is why you don't know of him till the end.

CZG

Then why would he be in the fourth palace of OoT and not in the last?
Having a hookshot in TAoL would be killing.

Do you think they could make a real cool new 2D Zelda game, just like they did with Mario on the Wii?
Play a bit like smash brothers or something, being the second adventure of Link... Awesome I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom