• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Quin

Disaster Master
If you need to continue in classic mode does it automatically reduce the difficulty like in WiiU. Or can you continue at the same difficulty?
If you pay a ticket. They can get quite rare and expensive to get.

I might be a bit too early saying this, but this might be my favorite smash so far. Its the closest you get to melee speed wise, with massive amount of content, and I'm so glad the game isn't so defensive tailored like smash 4 was. I feel like approaching is actually good now.
Ridley and K.rool are quickly turning into favorites, and getting back with Young Link was also pretty easy. I'm gonna be hooked for a while with this game.
WoL is also quite fun. I would probably have liked a bigger and better melee's adventure mode but this beats subspace easily.

I loved how the Classic Mode has an actual boss at the end. I did it for the first time last night and had to fight Ganon. The music was awesome and the fight was great, I died three times but I was still just figuring things out. Also, this is the best Credits Sequence of any of the games. It's fun, explody, and you actually get prizes for doing well. I got all 5 prizes with room to spare.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am greatly enjoying World of Light. It’s so much fun I can barely pull myself away from it. I also have the full roster at last. Toon Link feels better than ever, just like Link. I got to try Chrom and Cloud, and they’re both a lot of fun. I enjoy the game more every time I play.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Young Link almost seems too good, not that I'm complaining. His BotW is quick and string with a fire effect, he's fast and quick and has a nasty boomerang. The game seems ever-so-slightly slower than SSB4 which is nice, everything feels like it has weight and substance. Um, I'm also pretty sure the "Mii Fighters" tab icon is Sakurai himself. Whether it is or not, you'll never be able to unsee it. Having Hyrule Castle back is a real treat.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The more I use him, the more I like Cloud. I just wanted to try him out because I never got him from the SSB4 DLC, but I didn't expect to like him this much. He's already a really solid secondary, and might even be a potential main with more practice.

Isabelle is really fun to use, but just like with Villager I'm having a difficult time adjusting to her. Their movesets feel more strategic and less direct than other fighters, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm not used to it yet. I definitely like her a lot more than Villager, though. I really want to be good with her.

Zelda and Palutena feel a lot better than they did in SSB4. I struggled at getting good with them before, but in this game I'm doing a lot better with both of them. I would really like to be able to call both of them at least secondaries soon.

I have yet to import my Smash 4 amiibo data over to Ultimate; still trying to decide if I will or which ones I will import if at all. Been using amiibo that don't have Smash 4 data as of right now. My Majora's Mask Link works as Young Link which is awesome. Thinking about giving Archer Link a fighter since he's rocking that BotW look. ...Except my amiibo so far learned to spam like idiots and now I'm struggling to un-teach that because they won't stop hitting me to let me SHOW them how to PROPERLY be an asshole. They are assholes, but not the kind of assholes I wanted them to be. :(

In other news, my Inkling FP just crawls around on the ground nonstop for no particular reason. She doesn't seem to want to unlearn that either.

As a 2D fighting game fan (who is pretty good at a fair few) Smash at high levels is the most frustrating thing ever, i think that's why i'm not enjoying it as much as I did with the other games.

There are too many people wanting eSports glory and there seems such a pressure to pick and stay with a main this time around.

Last edited:
^ That's one of the reasons I'm not very interested in playing online. I never played Wii U online, even with friends. I played the 3DS version online with a couple friends here and there, but it was really only a good time if we all mutually agreed to goof around. The competitive Smash community is allegedly not as toxic as it used to be (not sure what the frame of comparison is, though), but they still take things way too seriously for me to want to involve myself in it. A lot of the smash modes seem designated for tournament style events, so I haven't thought to touch them yet. I don't mind the increase in intensity for the standard smash mode, but it's pretty situational especially in regards to rulesets. I hope one of the next few updates makes some tweaks to the rulesets or something so I can adjust additional things to appease my finicky habits.

When I play Smash, I usually always use the same style of button play regardless of the character, so I pick my mains based on characters that I like who also happen to work with my moveset habits. I'm not flexible enough to main characters who play too differently from one another, unless there are really unusual circumstances. Smash Ultimate is no different in this case, though with the massive roster, I find it to be even more true. I do the same stuff regardless of who I'm playing as.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I finished World of Light at last! In total it’s roughly a 25 hour endeavor for 100% completion. Man, what an experience. I love the spirit battles and the exploration. The final boss is seriously intense. As much as I loved Subspace Emissary, this leaves it in the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom