• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Beat World of Light.

Kind of disappointed by how anticlimatic it was. I actually got excited for a second because there was a pretty good build up going, but none of the ending sequences offered the closure to make it work. That's really upsetting. I'm just sitting here now trying to decide if I like or hate it. All that aside, getting to play as the Master Hand was really cool. It undid all of my button mapping through, for some stupid reason.

With the severe lack of cutscenes, they should have had short variants for events in the game based on who you were playing as. Even if they were like 10 second differences, I don't care. The overall indifference to the roster makes who I chose to play as not even matter in the grand scheme of things, and that just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Swallowed by Darkness was my personal favorite of the endings, and was my first ending that I picked. I chose to fight Galeem as the charcter I fought Dharkon with the first time around, and vise versa for good measure. I never pick the route most clearly presented to me. Saved the dual route for last. And to be honest, the true ending was the worst of the three endings. I get it's the good ending, but again, anticlimatic.

I'll just sit here hoping and waiting for my imaginary game mode dlc to serve as a better follow up, I guess. I'm already disappointed so if it doesn't happen, whatever. I'm not saying there isn't things World of Light didn't do right, though, but there are a lot of glaring issues with it. And will be why I never replay it, whereas I eagerly did probably 20 playthroughs of Subspace.
The issue to me is how the Spirit battles feel the same in WoL as on the Spirit Board. The only difference is one has you play a button timing mini game to earn the spirit after the battle.
Smash Bros Ultimate is my favourite Smash Bros game but still it does feel like quantity over quality at times.

Played some 4 player Smash with items on with some people on the ZD Discord, and I was reminded how fun that is. I hope Nintendo seriously considers bringing back For Fun and For Glory because I don't want to ruin my GSP in quickplay but prefer it to Battle Arena for some fast matches and casual romps. Maybe one day. At least I got Gooey's smash tag. That down B Yoshi spammer Mases is next. :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Beat World of Light.

Kind of disappointed by how anticlimatic it was. I actually got excited for a second because there was a pretty good build up going, but none of the ending sequences offered the closure to make it work. That's really upsetting. I'm just sitting here now trying to decide if I like or hate it. All that aside, getting to play as the Master Hand was really cool. It undid all of my button mapping through, for some stupid reason.

With the severe lack of cutscenes, they should have had short variants for events in the game based on who you were playing as. Even if they were like 10 second differences, I don't care. The overall indifference to the roster makes who I chose to play as not even matter in the grand scheme of things, and that just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Swallowed by Darkness was my personal favorite of the endings, and was my first ending that I picked. I chose to fight Galeem as the charcter I fought Dharkon with the first time around, and vise versa for good measure. I never pick the route most clearly presented to me. Saved the dual route for last. And to be honest, the true ending was the worst of the three endings. I get it's the good ending, but again, anticlimatic.

I'll just sit here hoping and waiting for my imaginary game mode dlc to serve as a better follow up, I guess. I'm already disappointed so if it doesn't happen, whatever. I'm not saying there isn't things World of Light didn't do right, though, but there are a lot of glaring issues with it. And will be why I never replay it, whereas I eagerly did probably 20 playthroughs of Subspace.
Honestly I thought the Subspace ending was more anticlimactic.

tabuu defeated: fighters look at ocean
galeem/darkhon defeated: spirits are set free

Not really much of a difference in climacticness there, but at least the spirits going free was super pretty. I do agree that it didn't seem to matter who you used to play WoL, but on the other hand that does mean I'm not forced into playing as characters I don't like to use, which was often the case with Subspace. I like the multiple endings because it really has a nice theme of balance going for it. If you destroy Galeem, Darkhon turns the world black. If you destroy Darkhon, Galeem just does what he did at the beginning again, so nothing is solved. Destroying them both prevents an imbalance altogether, and everything is set right again. I really liked that about it.

I have beaten every classic run and 9.9 intensity finally. I've also done every challenge except all of the multiplayer ones. So I'll give some more advice on how to do them here.
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/thre...ry-super-smash-bros-ultimate-challenge.64012/
Note well spoilers inside.

Also there will be spirits that are event exclusive. You can get them anytime in the event randomly but one the event is over, that's it. The first of these events is listed here. The times are probably mine so you'll have to look up when it starts and finished for you.

RKrC5oN.jpg

UbqiUH9.jpg

5 new spirits for a total of 1302.
Dice Block, River Survival and Golden Dash Mushroom are the last 3. But what about 1298 and 1299?

Are they coming with part 2 of the Fire Emblem event? Or are they the Let’s Go tie in Spirits?

Does anyone know?

Quin

Disaster Master
Yes, those are the lets go spirits. They confirmed they will release them for the smart people later on. They didn't show up for me either until I got the spirits numbered after them

I have beaten every classic run and 9.9 intensity finally. I've also done every challenge except all of the multiplayer ones. So I'll give some more advice on how to do them here.
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/thre...ry-super-smash-bros-ultimate-challenge.64012/
Note well spoilers inside.

Also there will be spirits that are event exclusive. You can get them anytime in the event randomly but one the event is over, that's it. The first of these events is listed here. The times are probably mine so you'll have to look up when it starts and finished for you.

RKrC5oN.jpg

UbqiUH9.jpg

River Survival Spirit is absolute hell

River Survival Spirit is absolute hell
How so? As in doing that match to get the spirit?

If so how did it is use the most powerful 3 slot main spirit (with the right type) and for support spirit, use the golden mushroom (the standard one, not the event one). Super armour without the speed reduction is kind of OP. It makes quite a few of the harder shirit matches eay easier.

I never made the time limit for this river battle spirit match. I don't know if you lose if you hit the time. I just KO'd them all before the time to win. The super armour golden mushroom - OP.

Nothing will ever be worse than Pauline's Spirit. That chase in 75m can **** off.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nothing will ever be worse than Pauline's Spirit. That chase in 75m can **** off.
I had to cheese this fight with Link and used the double-FS perk to one-shot Peach off of the screen. Just make sure to keep Peach near the edge and in range of the Triforce Slash.

I had to cheese this fight with Link and used the double-FS perk to one-shot Peach off of the screen. Just make sure to keep Peach near the edge and in range of the Triforce Slash.
That's one of the worst spirit battles I agree. What I did to beat it is similar to you. I used Link and had the ogre club at the start of the match of cause with a very powerful main spirit. I Up + B spam to kill DK and Mario, then I use the ogreclub whirlwind with full smashes to get a good amount of damage on Peach. Then I used Link's Ancient Arrow final smash to snipe kill Peach from the other side of the screen.
A very tough and annoying spirit battle I agree. Took me many many attempts to get it done in WoL.

Another one that is also very hard, maybe a touch less than the above one is the Donkey Kong and Lady spirit battle. It's also on 75m. That match is you and Peach vs a giant DK in a stamina battle who has super armour and about 100% more health than you. Also you lose if Peach is KO'd. Honestly just pay the 15K coins in the store to get it. I have done it legit though. I found te best way was to use a powerful main spirit and the ogre club assist spirit. Get DK up top early on and spam him with whirlwinds. When they run out, go for club smash attacks or just standard smash attacks. I did try trading out the ogre club for the super armour goldem mushroom. That doesn't work. Sure you can pile on the damage without knockback but DK's starting health is way too much to overcome. You can't tank all of his hits and expect to win.

The Baby Bowser spirit battle is also hard because the floor is lava so you need to use an assist spirit to megate this. This is a fight with a standard bowser then a giant bowser. The standard bowser is not too hard but the giant bowser is no joke. Very hard. Maybe you could use a beam sword if you can keep it till giant boswer shows up. I ended up doing it with the 50% damage item and a lot of practice. No real cheese here, just have to get good. I think I spent 10 retry items on this one to getit done.

I don't remember any of the other legendary spirit battles being too hard. Just knowing when to use the super armour golden mushroom or franklin badge assist spirits is key. Of cause using a level 99 legendary main spirit of the right type helps too. Using the trinity (attack/shield/grab) is essential when choosing a spirit. Also having quite a few 50% damage and retry items helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom