• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Will Be Featured at Paris Games Week

Zarom

The King
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to say that there will be no new information being presented at the show, just wanted to say that the page itself contains nothing new at the moment. From what I understood it just says that WiiMotionPlus and Nunchuck will be used in the game, and that you can throw or roll bombs, use the bow and slash your sword(?) vertically and horizontally, this is already well known.
EDIT: Oh, and does "Date de sortie" mean release date? Because it says 2010...

You want a traduction? Ok, here I go:

Developper: Nintendo
Release date: 2010
Genre: Adventure
Rating: 12

Description:
His sword, your WiiMote!
Link, the most famous elf in the video game world can now be controlled with a precision never seen before! With the technology of the Wii Motion Plus, your movements are identical to those on screen, giving a total immersion: whether it is to slash your sword horizontally or vertically, to thrust with your shield using the Nunchuk, to throw bombs or to roll them, to use the bow, there are numerous ways to act like the Hero of Hyrule!

If it's going to be the SAME exact thing, that would be ridiculous.
Not really. While it is boring, they have said they want people around the world to experience it, so that is likely their key focus at these events. It wouldn't be unusual for them to hold out on new stuff, so instead they're showing the same things to different people. I think that's pretty common in the industry, actually. If I'm not mistaken anyway.

...but what caught my attention is the proposed "12+" rating, which is somehow equivalent to an American "T" rating. Is that meaningless and they just gave the maximum possible rating to be on the safe side or could this actually mean that SS will be rated like that? How would that fit to the cel-shaded graphics and rather kid-friendly appeareance of the game as seen on E3?
Doesn't mean much. Seems like that whole thing is filled with rough information. I actually would take most of what's said there with a grain of salt. Either way, the cel-shading graphics don't mean a thing towards the rating of the game. Many cel-shaded games are actually very mature, like Killer 7 or XIII.

I do hope they don't make another Teen rated one though.

Oh, and does "Date de sortie" mean release date? Because it says 2010...
Nintendo has outright said it will be in 2011. Again, this seems like something to be taken with a grain of salt. I don't know what it is about it, but that whole thing posted by Zarom there sounds... I dunno... silly, or unprofessional. This doesn't sound like something to take very seriously. We'll see though.

Not really. While it is boring, they have said they want people around the world to experience it, so that is likely their key focus at these events. It wouldn't be unusual for them to hold out on new stuff, so instead they're showing the same things to different people. I think that's pretty common in the industry, actually. If I'm not mistaken anyway.

You have a point, but could they not show everyone the same mechanics, but with a different area? I mean, if you haven't seen the E3 demo that was featured there and Gamescon, and your a Zelda fan you're living under a rock. THe least Nintendo could do is give us a decent trailer, I mean it's been almost half a year since we've seen footage of the game! I hope you get where I'm trying to go with this...

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Hmm.. Valid point you have there, but recently it seems Nintendo has been trying to shake things up and be most unpredictable. It will be interesting to see what unfolds (if anything at all).

I don't think anything BIG is going to happen at PGW, but we'll see, I guess. I just think it'll be a waste of time, if they do show the same demo from E3 because the news (screenshots, youtube videos, etc.) should have spread like wildfire on the internet overseas already. But, I get that maybe other people would like to play it too. :)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I don't think anything BIG is going to happen at PGW, but we'll see, I guess. I just think it'll be a waste of time, if they do show the same demo from E3 because the news (screenshots, youtube videos, etc.) should have spread like wildfire on the internet overseas already. But, I get that maybe other people would like to play it too. :)

I agree with Yuna, I highly doubt that anything big or brand new will be talked about or brought forward. I think it'll be a review of the E3 trailer, basically. The most info I belive will be given out is probably a simple concept design of Skyloft, or more info on Adelle (zordiana).

But we never know! Something absolutely groundbreaking or revolutionary (in gaming terms) could be announced!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
You want a traduction? Ok, here I go:

Developper: Nintendo
Release date: 2010
Genre: Adventure
Rating: 12

Description:
His sword, your WiiMote!
Link, the most famous elf in the video game world can now be controlled with a precision never seen before! With the technology of the Wii Motion Plus, your movements are identical to those on screen, giving a total immersion: whether it is to slash your sword horizontally or vertically, to thrust with your shield using the Nunchuk, to throw bombs or to roll them, to use the bow, there are numerous ways to act like the Hero of Hyrule!

Ah, merci beaucoup. Apparently my French, which is a bit rusty to say the least, was still "good" enough to get a grasp of it, nice to know :)

Yeah, I also don't think that there is a big chance of a T-rated game with a 2010 release, but on the other hand you can never know 100%, that's typically Nintendo...
I guess they'll basically show the stuff of E3 again, but with very small bits of extra information added. It's not the 90s anymore where Nintendo could show the exactly same stuff on all different continents and get away with it, nowadays most people have fast internet and those who are interested in Zelda probably know about the stuff shown at E3 anyway (I as an European followed it via live stream here too, and even if you missed it there's still Youtube), so it'd be too much of a disappointment if the very same stuff will be shown again, but that's just my theory.

One thing they are probably going to be doing at the show is using the Wii Remote Plus... Does anyone know what that's about? Is it just Wii Motion Plus added into the regular wii remote?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
WOAH! So Wii Remote Plus is going to be used? Interesting. Yes Ryan, it's a Wii Remote, with Wii Motion Plus. Question is, which one will be bundled in the game?
Please Nintendo, show us a trailer or something!!! >_<

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Sadly, it's the same demo, and nothing new. I managed to snag a video though. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uTh7YXMtw0
Is the guy using Wii Remote Plus? I can't tell.
Did you guys see Link do a Jump Attack with a charged Sword Beam while jumping of a cliff? Awesome!
Is it just me, the graphics look a tiny bit darker, like those new pictures we have. Compare the top video with this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jk1ed2NrlQ
Maybe it's just me?
I like how Link struggles to get out of the grasp of the Scorpion's pincers. =)
Sadly, the player dies against the Scorpion. Nice death animation though!
And that's all I found through the video.

Ahh that's too bad they didn't show anything new but it sort of makes sense. Maybe it's just the TV but things definitely seem darker, like the blue of the deku babas.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I like leap. Hadn't seen that before. I didn't like the annoying 'low health' alarm at 1/3 health. And I hope that either the player was terrible or they had interference there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom