• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: The Worst 3D Zelda Title

My biggest problem with Skyward Sword was the difficulty, it was so easy that it wasnt even funny sometimes.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
it's not as good all the critics are making it out to be but it's certainly not the worse 3D Zelda title, at least not in my opinion anyway

Deeds

no text
Too highly acclaimed in my opinion, even though the graphics and gameplay are great, the difficulty was a little to easy. I like that though, it get's more players interested in it; therefore more people buy it, more people buy it; more resources the LoZ team can use to make even greater games. Everybody wins.

G

Guy in Green

your opinion matters. it does. but if you don't like the game go play another one that you do like.

J

Jallyward

i dont have a worst cause i have only played ocarina of time 3d and ss

heck no it is great the worst 3d title is definetely phantom hourglass by default because it is great but not in zelda standards

Phantom Hourglass wasn't 3D... not in the way the home console versions are which i think is what we mean here.

My opinion on SS is that it is the worst Home console/3D Zelda. I had nothing against the graphics, story, characters or controls i just didn't like the level design at all nor did i enjoy going back to the three main regions three separate times... Every other Zelda has performed so much better with their overworlds. Nintendo made Ss sound like a cross between Metroid and A Link to the Past but we didn't get anything close to either of those. The elements from past Zelda games that were featured in SS were just worse version of what we had seen before, in my opinion.

for example the flying vs sailing argument.

WW had a decent sized sea which i thought was just right, while sailing you could still use the bow and had a cannon and a grapple could use the sail, jump etc and there was plenty to do on the ocean and plenty to see.

SS, the sky was smaller and just felt overly small, the Loftwing controls were super sensitive (which isnt a bad thing but i was 'fish-tailing' around at the beginning of the game quite often. The only thing your loft wing could do was speed up and not for very long or many times. flying in general was relatively peaceful which took more fun out of it, and made the target smashing later one when you learn the spin attack just frustrating.

There are other things too, i just feel like every other Zelda game had more to them than SS did. SS felt like a downgrade of a lot of Zelda elements but thats just my opinion, its not a bad game at all, ive just had more fun with others, so after 5 years i really felt disappointed and still do.

M

makkel

Hi everyone,

I also bought Zelda; SS.
And I find it very hard to admit cause I'm a big Zeldafan but this is indeed the worst 3DGame of Zelda.:(
The story doesn't really bother me, cause it's something difference then usual (read: same story, but with other characters);)
And the game has for sure some new aspects (warping with the statues, new characters), but what I really experienced as a pain in the *** were the controls and controlling Link, and especially on that bloody red bird.:dry:
And as for the Wii+ thingy, it doesn't help anything; it doesn't make the adventure more exciting...:mad:
It gave me just a little bit more a trial and error feeling, wich i already had a little bit.
If this is how in the future Zelda shall be, then I'm very quick gonna download me the old Zelda's, cause they are at least fun!;)
Really the worst game out of the Zelda-franchise!

Many greetings from Makkel.

My opinion on SS is that it is the worst Home console/3D Zelda. I had nothing against the graphics, story, characters or controls i just didn't like the level design at all nor did i enjoy going back to the three main regions three separate times... Every other Zelda has performed so much better with their overworlds. Nintendo made Ss sound like a cross between Metroid and A Link to the Past but we didn't get anything close to either of those. The elements from past Zelda games that were featured in SS were just worse version of what we had seen before, in my opinion.

Well I have to completely disagree and honestly SS was best 3D Zelda experience. I personally loved the level design and I thought placing different challenges made it unique. I thought the best area of the overworld was the desert it each time you went back it was different area you explored (mines, sand sea, and gorge). I can say that's not really rehashing especially when there at the different areas that offer different challenges. I also disagree that each overworld from a few of the previous games was better when I didn't think they performed as good or even close to SS. I could say that ALTTP, LA, and MM to a certain extent probably came close or was on par. Unless you want to count an empty and barren place that comes off uninspiring and bland like in OOT and TP with nothing. The problem was that the overworld was either too small or too big and lacked a purpose other than riding Epona through field which was pointless considering the warp spells. I think this is a huge improvement and I would much rather my overworlds play like levels and have a purpose whether it's doing side quests or the main quests. Then have a big overworld that just has enemies and caves and has no purpose especially when you have warps spell to get you by.

SS, the sky was smaller and just felt overly small, the Loftwing controls were super sensitive (which isnt a bad thing but i was 'fish-tailing' around at the beginning of the game quite often. The only thing your loft wing could do was speed up and not for very long or many times. flying in general was relatively peaceful which took more fun out of it, and made the target smashing later one when you learn the spin attack just frustrating.

I completely disagree again and the sky was vast to fly through. Sure you could say that the sky was barren but its purpose was to transport the player from the Skyloft and Thunderhead to the overworlds. I didn't have any problems controlling the Loft wing and it's not super sensitive from my experience. I think the problem could be that either you have motion bar placed wrong or you TV is huge with motion bar on top if it. Whatever the case is it could be one of these and I even tried one them after hearing about the controls being "broken". I find this weird that you seem to have a problem with the Loftwing slowing down after speeding up. Yet you seem not to have a problem with Epona slowing down in OOT and TP for that brief second. I understand that the three wings was less than the five carrots and I could agree to extent about that. As for flying being too peaceful I could say the same for the other Zelda games too with riding Epona through the fields or using a boat through the sea. I didn't have any problems with using the spin attack except maybe a few mistakes I made like going too fast at the wrong moment.

There are other things too, i just feel like every other Zelda game had more to them than SS did. SS felt like a downgrade of a lot of Zelda elements but thats just my opinion, its not a bad game at all, ive just had more fun with others, so after 5 years i really felt disappointed and still do.

Actually I would say that SS how more stuff to do then in any other Zelda game and most of previous ones either had filler stuff (with the exception of maybe MM). At least the side quests had meaning to them and some of the NPCs even grow in their character towards Link. Then there is Hero mode which I love playing through and this made the game even more fun. Thanks to the side quests I clocked in 71 hours and it could have been 50 hours with doing the main quest only. I'm glad it took five years to come out with SS because I haven't had this much fun with a Zelda game since ALTTP.

P

Princesszelda97

i thought it was a cool game! i was not disappointed at all!

I'm srry to hear that you didn't find what you were looking for in this game.
To me, I thought they did a great job, however, I haven't played enough Zelda titles to judge it properly (TP was the only Zelda game I actually completed)

This brings me to my next point – I just can’t see how people are calling this the best Zelda game when it is nowhere near as good as any other 3D Zelda title? Am I the only one who thinks that Skyward Sword was a disappointment? Or is everyone else jumping on the perfect score bandwagon?
I agree. SS is no where Near as good and other 3D Zelda title. It's Far more better then all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom