• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Possible Release Date?

Seeing as OOT 3ds will be coming out in march or so it is probable that Skyward Sword will be released slightly earlier seeing as SS comes before OOT in the timeline and Nintendo might want newer gamers who never got the chance of playing OOT to experience it and see that "Oh WOW this game is like a sequel to SS!!" Etc...

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I say late February, or possibly even early February, but I dunno, Zelda games are notoriously almost always delayed. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being April or May.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't know... I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't going to release Ocarina of Time 3DS right away with the actual 3DS, but for Skyward Sword I think probably late February or sometime in March. That's me though.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
it is probable that Skyward Sword will be released slightly earlier seeing as SS comes before OOT in the timeline
The timeline concerns nobody who has any say in this. My guess is that they will want to finetune the game as much as possible without slipping into the hot summer months (in which people are busy with other stuff instead of video games). Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released in May (June for us Europeans), Zelda won't ship any later than that, I'd say.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Seeing how the 3DS releases in Febuary/March I would be willing to say Skyward Sword would release sometime outside of this time period. As far as releasing Skyward Sword after March, I highly doubt that for two reasons, the first Skyward Sword was originaly going to be released this year but due to nintendo not wanting a unfinished game, they decided to be safe and delay the release till 2011. the second reason a little bit after E3 we got word from nintendo saying that Skyward Sword would release early in the year, putting both reason 2 and 1 together one could safely assume that Skyward Sword will release early 2011 before the 3DS. As a side note releasing Skyward Sword on febuary 21 2011 would awsome seeing how that day marks the 25th aniversity of "The Legend Of Zelda", however this wouldn't work well with the 3DS releasing 1 day later.:xd:

Last edited:

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
The supposed latest it can be released is April 1st...Unless Miyamoto "upends the tea table" Skyward Sword won't come any later than April 1st, at least, I assume.

Wait, who is saying that April 1 is the latest this can be released?? I don't see why that is the case...

Actually, I would not be surprised to see SS released after OoT 3DS. Here's why: (1) SS is the *Main Event* so you want to build up hype for SS by by reminding people of all the greatness that is Zelda...what better way to do that then to release a re-vamped version of OoT, often cited as the best game of all time...(2) It's not uncommon for Zeldas to be delayed, and this game is probably requiring a lot of work, I know it has been delayed once already, but now that it has been delayed past Christmas, the pressure is off. there is not big selling season they are going to miss out on by delaying further...I think that the new date that the want to go NO LATER THAN is E3 2011...

This game seems to be really close to completion. I just don't want them to hold onto it when its ready for release, just so it doesn't interfere with other new merchandise, such as the 3DS. They are a corporation though, so its very likely they will. I want to have it in February!

P

Pete16

I do not know, but I will say arund February/March. I just hope it comes out as soon as posible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom