• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Plot Concern.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I know this is a Zelda website but I don't like how there are links that give away things in Syward Sword. I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this way but, I think that by the time SwS is released we'll already know whats going to happen which will ruin the game... I don't know, maybe I'm just one of those guys who prefers to find out what happens while I'm playing the game, not have the magic of the game spoiled because of information that I found out before the game was even purchasable. I like to make predictions as I play, and see if I was right later on, but if we can just open up a link and reveal story plots then I might have a slight problem with that cause I'm always clicking on random stuff without reading what its about. Plus, I use my Wii when my laptop is unaccessable and its hard to log in with the small bar so I end up clicking on 20 other links before being successful with even having the ability to put in my username. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Like you said, this is a Zelda website, therefore it's their responsibility to have every single bit of information posted, spoilers or not, as soon as possible. I'm completely on your side; I hate having a very highly-anticipated game spoiled just because of my curiosity. I don't mind finding out about new items and saying "Ooh... I can't wait to use that", but I don't want to know major plot headlines and saying "So THAT'S going to happen... I thought THIS was going to happen." It's not the website's fault for releasing the information, it's our fault (including myself) for having the lack of self-control to not spoil the game.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What do you mean by pop-ups? We do try to keep spoilers well-labeled so that you can avoid them at your discretion, but if there's something revealing that's out of your control, please let us know. For the most part, this is a Zelda site, and it should be obvious which links would contain spoilers, so it's up to you not to click on them.

My thoughts about spoilers: I'll read whatever Nintendo gives us. Partly because it's my job to report it and need the latest information to work on theories, and partly because I trust Nintendo this time to choose carefully what they reveal to enhance my experience of SS before it comes out more than ruin it while I play it. So far, they've done a pretty good job of only revealing the very beginning of the story so we're somewhat familiar with it when we actually get it started, and only teasing us of what's to come, e.g.
The Triforce playing a different role in the game, possibly being more villains than just Ghirahim, the mystery of why Zelda keeps moving around, out of Link's and Ghirahim's reach, etc.
(^that would be an example of an obvious link not to click if you want to avoid spoilers.)

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
What do you mean by pop-ups? We do try to keep spoilers well-labeled so that you can avoid them at your discretion, but if there's something revealing that's out of your control, please let us know. For the most part, this is a Zelda site, and it should be obvious which links would contain spoilers, so it's up to you not to click on them.

My thoughts about spoilers: I'll read whatever Nintendo gives us. Partly because it's my job to report it and need the latest information to work on theories, and partly because I trust Nintendo this time to choose carefully what they reveal to enhance my experience of SS before it comes out more than ruin it while I play it. So far, they've done a pretty good job of only revealing the very beginning of the story so we're somewhat familiar with it when we actually get it started, and only teasing us of what's to come, e.g.
The Triforce playing a different role in the game, possibly being more villains than just Ghirahim, the mystery of why Zelda keeps moving around, out of Link's and Ghirahim's reach, etc.
(^that would be an example of an obvious link not to click if you want to avoid spoilers.)

Sorry, I meant links, I probably should have been more specific. I'll go edit it now.
There, done.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Ever watch a Skyward Sword interview with a Nintendo representative? Like Locke said, they are so careful with their words and will most likely never let a big plot spoiler slip. I'm willing to read anything Nintendo puts out there because I have faith that they won't ruin the mystery of the game.

Plus this IS a Zelda website, so slight spoilers may be posted. However, I have never had an experience on this site where I've been forced to read something I didn't want to read. So if you don't want to know, close your eyes and hit the back button. But I think I can safely say that you can read any Nintendo news without the game experience being ruined...

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Ever watch a Skyward Sword interview with a Nintendo representative? Like Locke said, they are so careful with their words and will most likely never let a big plot spoiler slip. I'm willing to read anything Nintendo puts out there because I have faith that they won't ruin the mystery of the game.

Plus this IS a Zelda website, so slight spoilers may be posted. However, I have never had an experience on this site where I've been forced to read something I didn't want to read. So if you don't want to know, close your eyes and hit the back button. But I think I can safely say that you can read any Nintendo news without the game experience being ruined...

Okay, can everyone stop telling me this is a Zelda site! I know! That was the first thing I wrote. And to answer your question about the Nintendo interview thing, no, because I'm a really catious person and even if they choose their words carefully I don't care, I wanna be suprised about everything this game has to offer. :P

Infernape

WASABI! (" L,")
I have no problem with nintendo telling me about the game early. to me it builds curiosity and exitment and makes me want it more:)

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
They haven't really spoiled anything really. they just told us how the game starts out. and think, if we acually knew nothing at all, it would probably hurt the sales of the game.

Well if we knew everything why would we buy the game at all? And Nintendo practically told us the ending, I mean, look at it this way: They said that it was about how the Master Sword was created. Heres the end of the game, Link makes the Master Sword. Really, that pissed me off.

T

Twilight Comet

Nintendo always is good about keeping the best secrets. Let's hope they do that this time! You can always not look at the spoilers though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo didn't say that, they said somewhere in the game the SS becomes the MS. That would be a pretty bad ending anyway, don't ya think? :P

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Nintendo didn't say that, they said somewhere in the game the SS becomes the MS. That would be a pretty bad ending anyway, don't ya think? :P

Yeah it would be... But what would Nintendo do for the ending? Just kill Ghirahim with the Master Sword and your done? I don't know, nor do I care, I'm just gonna wait for the game. I already pre-ordered it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom