• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I didn't know the role either, so I encouraged Batman to go with his gut against David. We both felt that it would be worth the effort, worst case David was vanilla , at best scum. And now we also know the vig's target is or was someone other than David.

I'm wondering why the mafia went after David though, since it's clear the bomb wasn't what killed him. If I were mafia, I would've left him alive to take the spot light away form me.
This was a bad idea. David softclaimed Poison Doctor, which is almost guaranteed in this game. I'm not angry, just slightly annoyed. You guys should have followed more closely; you wasted that kill.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
This was a bad idea. David softclaimed Poison Doctor, which is almost guaranteed in this game. I'm not angry, just slightly annoyed. You guys should have followed more closely; you wasted that kill.

I wasn't aware of a poison doctor. I've played a ton of Town of Salem but not a lot of mafia in general, and there isn't a poison doctor in Salem. I wasn't aware of the role so the claim didn't stick out to me.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Poor Link. He never gets to kill anybody. :(

Interesting choice of mafia kill last night. Can't say I was expecting them to go after David, especially since Poison Doctor is no real threat to them. I'm wondering if it's possible that they killed him to frame Sarah and Batman, knowing that some suspicion would likely be thrown their way after David flipped town.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
After seeing David's character, I'm certain that we were selected by random. The two other instructors of the knight academy are the only two people I can imagine with Gaepora. Since I know that I am not one of those two, I am going to assume that we have no relation character-wise.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
@Repentance and @everybody

After some discussion with Sarah, I decided to use my bomb to kill David mainly because of this neighborhood he is in. Many of us agreed that David's neighborhood probably had scum in it considering Pendio warning that the neighborhood members should "be careful who you trust" or however it was worded. We decided it would probably be best to take David out as the price for narrowing down who the scum in that neighborhood is. Considering my previous suspicions of David, I felt it was best to target him instead of the others, who had given me nothing to find them suspicious. Best case scenario, my bomb would get rid of the mafia in that neighborhood. Worst case scenario, it would help us narrow down who is mafia in that neighborhood by killing a townie (who we hoped was vanilla).

That's pretty much all there is to it. I apologize not only to @David who was obviously not part of the "stretch" that Mellow referred to in his last mega post that I had come to be the main proponent of, but also to the town for making a decision that would have lost us the poison doctor and for wasting my bomb when I could have used it more wisely at a later date. I clearly didn't recognize any poison doctor softclaim made by David. I had no idea a poison doctor was even a thing.

Also, while I discussed this with Sarah and had her support, it was ultimately my decision and I was the one who was enthusiastic about the idea from the start. So take it out on me, not Sarah.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's okay. Mafia killed him anyway and he was only a VT with the poisoner dead, just would have been nice to see the alignment of Doc or Frozen Chosen or someone else. Not a super big deal, just pay close attention to soft claims. I believe he said something like "with the poisoner dead, I'm pretty much just a vt"

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
The tall man pulled out the bomb from the bomb bag and was just about to throw it at David on the bench, but after the fuse of the bomb had been lit and the bomb was ready to be thrown, David slowly fell to the side, completely lifeless.

Guys, I don't think David was targeted by the mafia, rather, I think he was poisoned. Look at the scene, he just fell to his side, no sign of another person there or anything. Since we know our poisoner, Ari, was suspicious of David, it makes sense that she had targeted him Night 2. Only strange thing is, there's no sign of any protection or something in the flavour, so idk why the mafia didn't get a kill in. Unless they didn't kill anyone, or I'm wrong about the poison thing.

Now, do we have any ideas on why presumably our vig (boy in green, probably Link) hasn't been able to find his target for the past two nights?

Hold on do Sarah and batman have a neighbor thing? What did I miss xD

I think they soft claimed masons a while ago? I have no clue about the bomb thing though.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It's possible that we really have found a mafia member and have been hiding them away for the past couple nights, but I'm not sure. It's really odd the lack of mafia presence in this one

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think Sadia could be right about the poisoner being the one who killed David. The first night did give a lot of description of characters after all, so unless Pendio changed up his style, or that's the way the mafia is able to kill, both of which are doubtful. Plus, that makes more sense to me than the mafia killing a vanilla townie. As I said before, he had a lot of suspicions on him, so it would've been beneficial to them if he was alive to take some heat of themselves.

If the poisoner is the cause of David's death, I think either the jailor successfully roleblocked the correct mafia member, or the mafia is choosing not to be active at night to throw us off. If the jailor was successful, I'm wondering if the target was the same person both nights, or if they jailed two different people and somehow the vig had also chosen the same. The night scene seems to imply that it was the same person two nights in a row, but it could also simply mean that the vig failed to find their target, even if it was someone different, a second night.

Anyway, I don't have any clue who to be looking at right now. I'll reread through the thread when I have some extra time tomorrow after work.

After seeing David's character, I'm certain that we were selected by random. The two other instructors of the knight academy are the only two people I can imagine with Gaepora. Since I know that I am not one of those two, I am going to assume that we have no relation character-wise.

I'd like to say that I'm suspicious of Doc at the moment. I'm pretty sure we were all placed at random, and I believe Pendio would have put at least one anti-town member in the group. With David flipping town that leads me to suspect Doc. Also, Doc hasn't really been saying much. He only posted the three needed to stay in the game when the third day started and then didn't add to the conversation at all. It seems like he is just trying to appear active. Something I noticed. But it could also be possible that all three of us were town.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Since there is nothing else to go on I would like to say that my suspicion of Blackkirby has been growing. He's been flying under the radar, only posting with adding small things to the conversation, such as replying to someone's question that doesn't really help the town in any way. He's only voted when we were lynching the Serial Killer, not for either of the mafia members. I know it's not the strongest evidence, considering the votes for first mafia were Day One and the second mafia was killed halfway through the day so he might've not had time to vote, but it's all I have. He is who I find more suspicious now.

So I wanna ask, @Blackkirby who are you suspicious of?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Kind of going along with what Frozen Chosen said, I really am pretty convinced that mafia is in that David/Doc/Frozen neighborhood. We know it's not David, so that leaves Doc and Frozen. I have no clue which it would be though; I'll try to go back and look at their post history. And of course there's the possibility that no mafia is in that neighborhood, but I very highly doubt that considering the "warning" they all got from Pendio.

So, personally I think maybe we should try to focus on Doc and Frozen for the moment. It seems like our best bet for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom