• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword in Australia

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
So, I'm Australian, and I'm a Zelda fan.

These two attributes combine and make me worry that Australians will be playing the game mid-December. I'm really hoping this isn't the case, but I can't be sure about Aussie release dates anymore, I mean, we got Mario Galaxy 2 a month after North America. So when do you think the land down under will be playing Skyward Sword, earlier, later, or the same. I have a bad feeling we'll be looking at December 10-20 :(

Also, the other part of this thread is about the Limited Edition. Zelda dungeon recently updated and said that there was a page for the Skyward Sword Limited Edition on EB games. There is a page, but I don't think Zelda dungeon understand that the page was up earlier this year. I pre-ordered this package a month ago, actually. I contacted EB games and plan on contacting them again soon, but about mid-July, they said this.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting us!

At this stage the contents of the Zelda Skyward Sword Limited Edition are still yet to be announced and confirmed by the vendor.

Best to keep an eye out on our website www.ebgames.com.au for any further updates.

Thanks again for your enquiry; we hope to see you back online again soon.

Regards,

I'm still sure we will be seeing the Limited edition and the soundtrack CD's in Australia.

So, what are your thoughts about the release date and the Australian Limited edition.

EDIT: I just contacted them again, they will get back to me withing 48 hours, stay tuned

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Well, thank you for taking the initiative. I realise we Australians are a bit of a minority over here in the forums, but we get coverage beyond our numbers.

I too worry that we will get a delayed release. Which would just be par for the course. But Nintendo said that they want this to be a global release, as much as possible so it isn't spoilt for people. Hopefully, this means that we'll be getting it a maximum of 2 weeks after Europe. Any more, I believe, would be a violation of that promise.

We're more than likely getting the bundle with the fancy new remote and soundtrack. We'll be paying an inflated price for it but that's to be expected. I'm not a fan of EB games, I go there out of necessity. They tend to mark up their prices like 10-15% from other places. I'm sure this bundle is not exclusive to them, in which case, my local GAME will be getting my business.

Keep us posted on any developments. :)

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Well, thank you for taking the initiative. I realise we Australians are a bit of a minority over here in the forums, but we get coverage beyond our numbers.

I too worry that we will get a delayed release. Which would just be par for the course. But Nintendo said that they want this to be a global release, as much as possible so it isn't spoilt for people. Hopefully, this means that we'll be getting it a maximum of 2 weeks after Europe. Any more, I believe, would be a violation of that promise.

We're more than likely getting the bundle with the fancy new remote and soundtrack. We'll be paying an inflated price for it but that's to be expected. I'm not a fan of EB games, I go there out of necessity. They tend to mark up their prices like 10-15% from other places. I'm sure this bundle is not exclusive to them, in which case, my local GAME will be getting my business.

Keep us posted on any developments. :)

Oh, that's awesome, I'm not the only Australian that cares!

Yeah, as soon as I get a reply from EB, I will post it. I pre-order in store when I get games, and I hate my local GAME because they are First-Person shooter fans, and don't care for Zelda.

When I pre-ordered the Skyward Sword Limited edition in EB about a month ago, the guy was like "Oh wow, someone else cares about Zelda! You aren't getting Modern Warfare 3! You are the second person to pre-order it!" and then we got into a conversation about Skyward Sword. That's pretty sad though, only one other person had pre-ordered it, what happened to gamers, where I live, all the people only care about GTA and CoD.... oh well.

ZELDA FOREVER!

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
We can more or less 100% confirm that the limited edition will be coming to Australia! Nintendo of Australia have a link where you can pre-order the game! And the contents are identical to the American and European ones!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
We can more or less 100% confirm that the limited edition will be coming to Australia! Nintendo of Australia have a link where you can pre-order the game! And the contents are identical to the American and European ones!

I hate that it's unfortunately costlier there, but it's great you guys are getting the bundle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom