• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Ending Discussion Thread (OoT and SS Spoilers)

C

CWP

the most difficult part for me to understand is the existence of both old impa(grannie) and the imprisoned. impa goes to live in the past at the end of the game. at this point demise was defeated. so at what point in time does impa find the imprisoned? a prior comment gave an explanation that made sense. the spike sealing the imprisoned must be the master sword.

J

Jalandir

(no split theory)
when you defeat Demise in the past his conscience is sealed within the master sword and his body is destroyed, but what of his power?
What if Impa (who we know can use magic) resealed his destructive power back into the sealing grounds, working with what was left of Hylia's original seal, and hide the master sword behind a magic curtain that rendered the Master Sword invisible, or was used as the core of the spike?

Also the curse might have been what made the imprisoned one, and through lack of intel became mistaken for Demise himself, so you are in actuality using the power of the triforce to destroy the curse and not Demise.(personally I go with the 1st part)

Now the Master Swords seal and the conscience decaying are what bother me the most, but I have 2 theories there.

1st the conscience decays into a mortal soul, and is able to slip past the seal because of a loophole that mortal souls are not enharintly evil. Thus allowing Ganondorf to be born from Demises hate.

2nd the conscience decays rate is over taken by the seals decay rate, and thus escapes after being weakened from it's imprisonment within the sword, but in my opinion that would mean the Master Swords power would decay as well, eventually making it a hunk of steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Griffion

I knew it! My theory was right then, that since Zelda moved to the past, she no longer existed in the future.

honestly i didnt think skyward swords ending tied any of the games together like i thought it would and was a little disappointed by this to say the least.

S

Sadlyzombiebait

First off, this makes a lot of sense to me. I got confused when it came to the seedling, however. It just blew my mind because I couldn't figure out why Groose said something that would suggest the tree was there the whole time. I was able to piece together the ending within the time line with out my mind going derp on me. I put together that Demise was destroyed in the future because he hadn't been destroyed in the past yet. It may not be correct, but it works for me, so I never really worry about fitting everything in since I just focus on playing the game.

the time-shift stones are not offered as a time travel device. it is described to place the environment in a "past state". meaning that the environment within the stone's limits is returned to the way it was in the past. so, in effect, the stones analyze its surroundings, and determine how they existed in the past and simply return them to that way.

I really like this train of thought. Just a change of state. Kind of like when I visit home, I feel like I'm going back in time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom