• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Ending Discussion Thread (OoT and SS Spoilers)

I believe that skyward sword is both the first and lst in the series. Link defeating demise in the past is when the rest of the games take place. Skyward Links original time is in the future, so its also the last.

O

oscarillin

Okay but then can u say that ocarina of time exists in between the future and present of skyward sword after link destroys demise because that would make sense since impa is old in the future of skyward sword and is middle aged in ocarina of time so ocarina of time would probably have happened b4 the fuure of skyward sword. and also since link in skyward sword put the master sword in the past means link from ocarina of time could grab it in the future. does this make sense??

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Okay but then can u say that ocarina of time exists in between the future and present of skyward sword after link destroys demise because that would make sense since impa is old in the future of skyward sword and is middle aged in ocarina of time so ocarina of time would probably have happened b4 the fuure of skyward sword. and also since link in skyward sword put the master sword in the past means link from ocarina of time could grab it in the future. does this make sense??
Link leaves the MS in the present, so OoT would have to come after that point. There's also the issue of the Triforce remaining in Sky Keep between both times.

O

oscarillin

Link leaves the MS in the present, so OoT would have to come after that point. There's also the issue of the Triforce remaining in Sky Keep between both times.

oh okay but what about impa. thats the thing that has me all confused how is skyward sword b4 ocarina of time if impa is old in skyward sword and middle aged in ocarina of time. is it possible that like link and zelda impa is also reincarnated into another impa??

oh okay but what about impa. thats the thing that has me all confused how is skyward sword b4 ocarina of time if impa is old in skyward sword and middle aged in ocarina of time. is it possible that like link and zelda impa is also reincarnated into another impa??

There are most likely multiple Impas. She appears in LoZ, AoL, OoT, OoX, and SS, so they are probably different.

The other thing is that we know that Link travelling back and forth through the Gate of Time doesn't cause a split - why would Ghirahim's travel be any different?

What makes you say that Link travelling back and forth doesn't cause a split? In my opinion, the time travel theory that makes the most sense is that every action done by a time traveller creates a new branch of reality. However, many of these branches are ignored. For instance, we focus on the branch in which the seed of the Tree of Life was planted in the past because we are following Link's journey. In the branch where Link did not go back and plant the tree, he was unable to complete the Song of the Hero and collect the Triforce. However, the future of this branch was not seen in the game, so we ignore it.

In effect, the only difference between Link moving back and forth through the Gate of Time and Ghirahim's actions at the end of the game is the importance of the branches that are created.

R

Raven497

The SS Timeline Split Theory.

As some of you might know, the game Skyward Sword has more than one ending. Much like OoT and MM, there are good and bad endings. Skyward Sword's ending is very important for one big reason and that is because it is the beginning of the whole series.
Once you obtain the trifore/tertraforce at the end of skyward sward, you wish Demise back into the sealed grounds. Immediately after that, you are able to go back to the sealed grounds, going through time and after defeating Ghirahim, you are then able to challenge your long awaited opponent. After you stab Demise with the MS by doing a fatal blow, then he curses yours and Zelda's decedents until his reincarnations eventually take over hyrule.
This is where the split occurs. In one time, you have killed demise and become victorious, but in the other, you are still victorious, but he is sealed away. If you know anything about seals in TLoZ, it is that they dont last forever, and if they havent broken yet, they eventually will.

Well, this is my theory.

Once you obtain the trifore/tertraforce at the end of skyward sward, you wish Demise back into the sealed grounds.

Actually, Link wishes for Demise to be destroyed, not sealed. Therefore, it can be assumed that he is completely gone in this branch of history.

G

Goddess Sword

Nature of Time in Skyward Sword

I've read some theories talking about a split in the timeline at the end of Skyward Sword, which I found logical and interesting. However, there's a thing that can make it false: time! In SS, the time is mutable AND immutable. Here's prooves of it:

Prooves that time is mutable

-When Link activate a Timeshift Stone, you send a small area in the past. If something is changed it this area and the Timeshift Stone is deactivated, we can say that it stayed like this until the "present". So, the "present" can be changed from the "past".

-When Link plant the Life Tree Seedling in the "past" Sealed Temple and go back to the "present", the Life Tree, which wasn't there before, has grown.

Proof that time is immutable

-In the Sealed Temple, if you look through the crack in the big door behind Impa, you can see the crystal in which Zelda is sleeping, even before she goes in the past. It means that it must happen and cannot be changed.

Proof of a reverse mutability (change past from present)

-When Zelda ends her sleep in the "present", she disappears from the "past". Is it because there can't be two Zelda? But there have been two Zelda since her birth in the "present" because she was also sleeping in the crystal in the Sealed Temple.

Here is where the split would occur: Demise is never revived in the "present" and is destroyed with the help of the Triforce. Ghirahim revives him in the "past" with Zelda's soul, but it doesn't affect the present (is it another proof of the immutability of the time, as Link's victory must happen, so the "present" never knew the reign of the Demons?). So you have the "past" in which Demise was destroyed early, preventing the events of Skyward Sword to occur, and the "present" in which Demise was destroyed and never revived.

What's your opinion on the time in Skyward Sword? Is it mutable or not? Is there a split in the timeline there?

Last edited by a moderator:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I also thought there was a spilt in SS, but in a recent mailbag, Axle said that Demsie has conquered time, and that time is no difference to him, and that is why there is no spilt timeline.

I'm guessing you still don't get it; if so, I don't remember what mailbag it was, but Axle did say something about that very topic. I'm sure watching the video will clarify things for you.

G

Goddess Sword

I also thought there was a spilt in SS, but in a recent mailbag, Axle said that Demsie has conquered time, and that time is no difference to him, and that is why there is no spilt timeline.

I'm guessing you still don't get it; if so, I don't remember what mailbag it was, but Axle did say something about that very topic. I'm sure watching the video will clarify things for you.

I remember reading about it, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. Anyway, I came to the conclusion that there's no split myself, because if time was mutable the events of SS would never happen, or would need another event to trigger them, but an event like this isn't mentionned in the "present", so time is probably immutable, and there's no split at all.

S

Shilag

Hello everyone, I just finished SS and came upon this when pondering all the theories, so there's something I'd like to add.
I won't go into that much detail, because I don't have time to write a wall of text, so I'll just shoot this out there and maybe some people will take it into account.

I do not believe SS caused a split in time. The reason people say that is because they claim Demise was destroyed in the past, whilst being destroyed by the Triforce in the present.
As I've interpreted it, the Master Sword did not destroy Demise, since his consciousness was still dormant in the sword.
Maybe the Zelda universe, and the Triforce, will innately try to correct whatever dents appear in time (so to speak). Perhaps when the Isle of the Goddess crashed down with the Triforce, the divine power of the Triforce listened to Link's prayer to destroy Demise. But it knew that Demise could not be eradicated from the present altogether, since that would create a paradox, and instead merely "closed a door", preventing Demise from existing in the form of The Imprisoned in the present.

Though writing this makes me think even more, and there are some holes in what I'm saying. But this is just the main idea, and one could elaborate much more.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
But it knew that Demise could not be eradicated from the present altogether, since that would create a paradox, and instead merely "closed a door", preventing Demise from existing in the form of The Imprisoned in the present.
Why would destroying Demise in the present create a paradox? I thought it was destroying him in the past that creates the paradox.

Fi said:
This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters. According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it.

If this quote about Demise is true, I am confused as to why Demise could be revived in the past. If a being that transcends time is killed in any age, shouldn't he no longer exist in any age.

Just to clarify some things, Link put the MS in the past to seal Demise and break him down till his death. Also, Demise isn't existing in time because he mastered it. So Demise was sealed in the Master Sword in the past and broke free as the Imprisoned in the present and is officially killed from the spike. Zelda was not in the past after Ghirahim took her in the present and brought her to the past. This might be that in the present of something created by time travel to the past becomes nonexistent to that time when the present change of it collides back to the past. In simple terms, it works by having Zelda in the past stay till the present and Ghirahim taking her back to the past results in Zelda disappearing at that time because I don't believe two of the same thing can exist at the same time. This gives me a headache, I don't believe there is a split in SS. Though the Master Sword is only shown in the present after you put it there in the past is because two cant exist at the same time. I hope that shed some light. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom