• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword at Comic-Con, New Trailer Revealed, Various Speculations

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Not 100% sure if it is Zelda and Link on the platform. But it may be, but Zelda upper part must have been completely merged with the platform in the video compression, or it's just a smaller item or something. The thing nearest to the edge looks like a big dude in dark brown clothes, maybe the village chief.

But how do to they get there, it doesn't seem to have any ladder, hatch or door. Maybe the statue chest's slides as your typical secret door, but doesn't make much sense mechanically. But I beside this, i haven't caught any clue on items to access areas of the town.
You can see them a little better when watching the video than looking at a picture. Still, it's mostly just colors. I assume they got up there by riding on those birds circling around (which happen to be Link's and Zelda's, hence why I think those to people are them.) However, a couple scenes later, the person riding Link's bird doesn't really look like Link to me. Am I just going crazy?

And WOW, watching this vid again, pausing and looking for clues, is really teaching me something on how this town is huge. At every video take, at every time I pause I see new places to go, a cave, bridges, high walls, overhangs, smaller islands, areas underneath the surface, and yet it haven't shown the core of the village. It's seems to be much larger than Clock-town in MM or CastleTown in TP.
Yeah, this is quite remarkable. The island itself looks fairly small at first glance, but it's packed with stuff. It seems to be demonstrating what they've been saying about a denser experience.

Pen

The game is on!
What I Noticed in the New Comic-Con Trailer

This new trailer is of course fabulous, although it's quite similar to the E3 2011 trailer. Here's the full trailer in case you want to see it for yourself first.
[video=youtube;ASCayUVebr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASCayUVebr0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]
Extraordinary trailer, isn't it?

Anyway, the very first thing I noticed was an hourglass shaped symbol up in Skyloft.
Hourglass.jpg
It's hard to tell what this symbol really is, but to me it looks like an hourglass. Perhaps it's just some sort of decoration, but it might as well have to do with something important in the game. Well, we can never know until the game is released.

The second thing I noticed was another symbol in Skyloft. The symbol on the apron of the guy here on the picture.
Symbol.jpg
This might just be this guy's business symbol or something like that. But it may open up for some discussion.

And finally I wanted to show the Goron! Which I'm sure most of you have already seen.
Goron.jpg
However, this Goron is located in the forest (maybe the very same forest aria as in the E3 2010 Demo). What if the Gorons originally lived in the forest, but the they moved to the mountains. Perhaps we'll get an answer to that in the game when it releases.

Also, one minor detail I noticed in the trailer at 1:08 was that as Link performs the Ending Blow on the Skulltula, the "Watchdoor's" eye follows the tip of Link's sword exactly (which at least I find pretty impressive).

So, what do you guys think of this new trailer and my little finds?

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Interesting finds, but all very much open to speculation.

I liked the part about the eye door following the sword constantly, it's a nice touch.

Also, if you remember back to the E3 2010 trailer, death mountain (or a lookalike) can be seen looming over the horizon in all its water colour impressionism glory. So the Gorons might not be too far away from home in the forest.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
If you noticed the Goron's notepad type thing has a triforce on it. Also the man in second picture seems to be a blacksmith or an engineer of sorts, maybe you could pay him to upgrade your items? Just a thought.

Another thing I noticed which I found a little odd, the town has flag type things all around it, as if there is a celebration going on mainly focused around the large tent in the centre. Possibly it could be the contest (The flying challenge) or maybe the town has some festivities going on.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
This is a conversation I had with Wolf Sage early this morning. We covered pretty much everything we saw.
zeldahuman - Today 01:52 AM
Well, that'll happen.
I noticed alot of things in the trailer, Locke already posted one about Link's red earrings in the E3 2011 trailer being replaced with blue ones. And how the hands of that Goddess statue is a sort of platform, and at the beginning of the trailer, you see Link's and Zelda's bird circling around. Is it there, on that platform on the Goddess statue, where Link and Zelda have their date? Or how the blacksmith guy has his own personal bird insignia on his apron... And how at the 0:16 mark, there's a guy standing in front of a small version of the big Goddess statue... talking to it? still not sure about that part. (if you haven't noticed, i've watched this trailer... 19 times and counting trying to squeeze everything out of it)

Wolf Sage - Today 02:05 AM
Yeah. I, too, noticed all that stuff, especially the bird on the blacksmith guy's apron. His bird insignia was yellow, right? ...and the old man speaking to the statue was kind of odd. Did you also happen to notice the small, floating platform-like islands above Skyloft where waterfalls seemingly flow out if NOWHERE?

zeldahuman - Today 02:10 AM
No, not yellow, a silver-ish color.
I noticed the waterfalls as well. Also, going back to the earring thing, in the last scene in the trailer with Link and Ghirahim, Link has red earrings. Weird.

Wolf Sage - Today 02:20 AM
Oh, it looks yellow to me for some reason. | Also, the earring thing is kinda weird. I wonder are there other weird things like this to be found, and why the change to red after all this time that Link's been wearing those blue ones?

zeldahuman - Today 02:26 AM
Well, do you write scripts? using Python, Java, C++, LUA, etc.? I think it's a simple design/programming error. Blue's color ID (0000FF) is very similar to Red's (FF0000). And polygon and object scripting is HARD... like, EXTREMELY HARD!! I just think the color code was flipped on accident.

Wolf Sage - Today 02:32 AM
Yeah, I can write scripts, but I don't think Link's earrings have to do with hex colors, though, but it seems possible. I personally think the screenshot is possibly a beta element or something along those lines. | Also, did you notice that red diamond on Lord Ghirahim's black rapier-like sword? It's like the opposite to the Master Sword's blue diamond or something.

zeldahuman - Today 02:36 AM
Keen! Yes, i did! I think that's what they were going for with the design. | Also, did you happen to see, when it's showing Skyloft, the circus-like, purple roofed building? It seems kinda like, in the center of town, in front of the Goddess statue. | Also, the decorations all over the place, but i assume that's because they're having a ceremony. | Oh, and the old man in front of the small staue also has a bird insignia. It's gold and on his sleeve.

Wolf Sage - Today 02:53 AM
Yeah, that circus-like building: I wonder is that the place where Link talks to Rauru-guy (and/or owl-guy) who apparently gives him the Green Tunic.

skybird11

state alchemist
i believe the ensigneas everyone has are a sort of family or personal crest. i dont know why theyd need one but thats my thought

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
May be more organized, and easier on everyone, if we keep all the new trailer speculation together in one thread. *threads merged*

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Goron and Blacksmith in Skyward Sword Trailer

In the new Skyward Sword trailer comic con they show a goron who is huge and he he wears clothes.... and a blacksmith which replaces the soup woman

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I am really glad the trailer did not spoil much:).

Here's some of the new things in the trailer

• A new scene with Link and Zelda's Loftbird.-0:05
  • The Loftbirds are flying over the goddess statue, there seems to be people on the platform (Link and Zelda?).-0:07
  • A bigger glimpse of Skyloft with a person, part of it has an island with water and a floating island above with a waterfall, there seems to be a Hourglass on a platform.-0:12
  • An old man looking at a little statue, there seems to be a cave in the background, the floating island, and a river and an other floating island in the background.-0:18
  • The Blacksmith/Mechanic is wearing a mask and he is working on something.-0:19
  • Link fighting a Bokoblin in the Forest area (E3 2010 Forest?) and there is a Mountain in the background.-1:08
  • Link fighting a Skulltula and does the Ending Blow (they changed the name to Finishing Blow in SS).-1:09
  • Link jumping on a vine in the Sky Temple (it was in the demo but only one guy got video taped getting to that point).-1:12
  • The first look at a Goron in SS, he does seem to be a Carpenter or some sort of worker, it seems he is living in the Forest, on his notepad there is a picture of the Triforce.-1:30

Skyward Sword looks amazing and can't wait for release (and all we need now is the release date).

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
27zvpg3.jpg
wk5ixg.jpg

Is it me, or do you think the guy on the bird at 0:15 is the blacksmith at 0:20? The color of the vest and sleeves are the same, as well as the black hair in the short pony-tail.

As for everything else in the trailer, i noticed quite a few things (I'm sure ti's all been said):

• At 0:07 we see Zelda’s blue LoftBird and Link’s red LoftBird circling around a platform on the Goddess statue.
• We can assume the two people sitting on the platform are Zelda and Link (otherwise their birds wouldn’t be circling)
• At 0:09 we see the town. The very first frame (as Locke said) you see a bell. I assume that’s the school bell, and the purple/red-ish roofed tent-looking building is like the main hall or the Rauru guy’s home.
• If you notice, there are decorations all over the place and a platform with an hourglass in the center, near the wooden stairs at 0:11
• At 0:17, the Robin Williams looking guy (:xd:) admiring the small statue. The location of the statue seems very secluded and it’d adjacent to the Goddess statue.
• At 0:20, what is the blacksmith making? It looks similar in design to a boat, but having a boat would make no sense. It seems to be some sort of container of sorts that is just filled with things. I’ll have to look more into that.
• At 0:25, as Locke said in a different thread, Link’s earrings are blue! But, don’t get excited just yet…
• And then some footage from the E3 2011 trailer plays…
• At 0:35, is that a ladder going up the side of that tower to the right?
• At 1:11. You can see how the eye follows Link’s Sword precisely… and then the eye closes when he performs the Ending Blow. It’s as if the eye’s thinking, “I don’t wanna see this.”
• At 1:16, if you notice behind the obese penguin, there’s a pathway of sorts… hmm?
• But I noticed, and I think it was said already, that at 1:25, the room where Link restores color is connected to the room where it shows him riding the mine-cart. You can even see the mine-cart and a track in the room!
• And then, more footage, and then…
• A GORON!!! As said before, he has a Triforce on his notepad, and he seems to be in the same area as the E3 2010 demo. Behind him is a building of sorts. I assume it’s the Sky Temple…
• And thn, in the final scene with Link and Ghirahim, Link’s earrings are magically red again… :S

So yeah, that’s about all I got out of the trailer. :yes:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Skyloft is just so immense! There are tons of buildings, maybe several dozen, and the island itself isn't that big. I hope that this is Nintendo's sly example of how this game will be denser than Twilight Princess...

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
However, a couple scenes later, the person riding Link's bird doesn't really look like Link to me. Am I just going crazy?

Bird.JPG

Locke, that isn't Link's bird. It's a black bird, and like zeldahuman said, it looks like it's the blacksmith/tinkerer riding on it.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm so glad they made this second trailer. My absolutely favorite part though, was the..... Goron! Now I'm even more excited for the game, if that's even possible. Skyloft looks amazing, and now I can't wait for Nintendo to give us an actual release date...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom