• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword at Comic-Con, New Trailer Revealed, Various Speculations

Hopefully there's a few tidbits that we didn't notice before in the demo or something. Any videos made this time might be a little different as well as the cameramen will kinda "know what to look for".

The mechanic-like guy is probabily the one who is going to upgrade Link items. And looks like he's not just a blacksmith, which means that we're probably going to see more kinds upgrades besides shield resistance. Probably there are a blacksmith and this mechanic.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Yay! Gorons are confirmed. I'm very excited now, does this mean Zora's are there too? I think they will be. I guess this means Gorons hang out on the world below and Link meets up with them. That blacksmith guy I would predict upgrades Link's items. They also show the statue a lot, I'm guessing it has some significance. This is looking to be an awesome game.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
New Skyward Sword Trailer Comic Con 2011

[video=youtube;ASCayUVebr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASCayUVebr0[/video]
SS video that just got uploaded today. Later in the trailer you will notice a Goron, which might prove that there will be some of of Hyrules many Races in Skyward Sword. Also the video shows some new residents of Skyloft. There isn't much new content in here, they show a lot of stuff from the e3 2011 trailer. So what are your thoughts and opinions, to me it looks like the graphics were improved some.
goron.jpg
skyloft.jpg
sky.jpg
dude.jpg
tink.jpg

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
I know it's hard to see, but when there's the aerial view of the goddess statue, I'm 100% sure that's Link and Zelda on that platform the goddess is holding. Set the video quality up and make it full screen to discern the little blobs. It's useless to put up a screenshot because you can only tell who they are in motion. I know it's kind of minor, but whatever. Every little detail counts! >.<

Gorons! Yes! This adds so much to theorizing races! (Not like we weren't expecting them though. :P)

The mechanic will probably be some sort of mechanic/blacksmith guy as already mentioned. Maybe upgrading weapons? After all, we will be collecting different sets of items to upgrade weapons, not the upgrades in and of themselves, and we will be visiting Skyloft often to be doing stuff like shopping for supplies. So upgrading there isn't out of the question.

EDIT: I only just realized this, but that scene where Link hits a crystal to bring back color to the area leads into the Glowing mine cart hallway. I first noticed the resemblance between the eye-like walls of the crystal room and the lined statues of the glowing hallway, then I saw the mine cart behind Link in the crystal room! >.< There's even tracks and a door! (Which I assume leads into said room!)

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
After all, we will be collecting different sets of items to upgrade weapons, not the upgrades in and of themselves, and we will be visiting Skyloft often to be doing stuff like shopping for supplies. So upgrading there isn't out of the question.
This is in the land below, in the same area as the Sky Temple. You can see the same architecture and trees with spiral branches in the background.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Wait what? :xd: Looks like a plain old shop to me...
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Goron. Yeah, you're right. He's probably in Skyloft since we see a similar-looking man by the small statue, and I agree with your speculation about his purpose too.

I'm just gonna post this here, since it would probably be the kind of thread I'd merge with this one anyway. There isn't too much new to talk about, so I can hardly justify anything more than a normal post with my analysis.

Since this is mainly just an update of the E3 trailer, I'm not going to bother writing an article for the front page, so you'll have to do with this thread. At least this way we can discuss the details better. I'll structure this as a sort of textual Rewind Theater, using images to point out what you should look at in the trailer as you go. Many of these images are going to be quite large so we can see the tiny details, so I put them in spoiler tags to prevent them from stretching the screen. First one:
statuetop.png
This is a new angle on the goddess statue on Skyloft. When this statue was first shown at E3, the shot was from far enough away that the details were hard to pick out. Some question arose as to whether she had a triangle(/Triforce) on her forehead. This shot confirms that the triangle shape is merely part of her hair, and not a deliberately inset triangle. This overhead view also shows that there is a platform high up on the statue. On this platform stand who I assume to be Link and Zelda, since the colors match and their birds are flying around. The most interesting thing this shot shows though is what's on the statue's neck. It's the same bird pattern seen on Zelda's and the oooooooooold man's clothes as well as in the Sky Temple, and which eventually becomes part of the Royal Crest.

You can also see one of the many access points to the land below, just behind the statue's wings. This is a hole in the clouds into which Link dives off his bird and somehow lands safely in the land below. He's shown performing this action later in the trailer (also in the E3 trailer).

belltower.png
In the very first frame of the next scene, you can catch a glimpse of a bell. Of course, this probably means nothing, and trying to connect it to the Tower of the Gods in WW would be futile....
Just off to the right of the screen (you can see it when it pans) are some flags bearing the bird symbol, just like those in MC (which also has a bell) display the Triforce. And even further to the right... I think that big building with the red roof that looks like a circus tent is probably the school.

The next goddess statue scene with the bird swooping down... tell me, is that Link riding it or not?

smallstatue.png
Guy admiring statue. Why? It may have something to do with the Dominon Rod. Such satues played an important part in Oocca life, though it's pretty safe to say by now that these people are not the Oocca. But this is just another bit of evidence tying the Skyloftians to the Tower of the Gods and Temple of Time. About this statue in particular, I can't say anything. Those symbols don't ring any bells, though I do notice that at the base (the horizontal part of the stone outcropping), there's those darn square spirals again. This pattern appears so much in Zelda that it's pretty much impossible to make any meaning out of it. It's just a common design, not necessarily attributable to any one race.

Of course Link's earrings are different, as I posted in the other thread. Finally, we have the Goron!
goron.png
There's already another thread discussing him, so I won't do that here. I'll only say that I'm fairly certain that this is around the area of the land below that the Sky Temple is in.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I guess I did order my paragraphs confusingly. :lol:

Nice eye on the portal! never would've caught that!

The bell, that might be, um...a school bell! Yes, a school bell! :xd:

Not 100% sure if it is Zelda and Link on the platform. But it may be, but Zelda upper part must have been completely merged with the platform in the video compression, or it's just a smaller item or something. The thing nearest to the edge looks like a big dude in dark brown clothes, maybe the village chief.

But how do to they get there, it doesn't seem to have any ladder, hatch or door. Maybe the statue chest's slides as your typical secret door, but doesn't make much sense mechanically. But I beside this, i haven't caught any clue on items to access areas of the town.

I think that we'll be allowed to make a leap of faith (like in Assassins Creed) to get in the bird in various parts of Skyloft, I spotted some high places with overhangs other than the big wood platform from the flight demo. But I'm not sure how or if the Loftbird will actually land on places, like the small islands - it seems troublesome to do that manually with the birds controls. If I had to guess i'd say that there is a auto-landing action for every "landable" place and will be allowed to make precision drops only with Link with some kind of parachute (like WW leaf) - but to the action appear on the d-pad we'd had to be at certain conditions, like a certain altitude.

The rep. guy from Nintendo on the gamespot 20min demo said that we'll be getting upgrades for items in this town.

And WOW, watching this vid again, pausing and looking for clues, is really teaching me something on how this town is huge. At every video take, at every time I pause I see new places to go, a cave, bridges, high walls, overhangs, smaller islands, areas underneath the surface, and yet it haven't shown the core of the village. It's seems to be much larger than Clock-town in MM or CastleTown in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom