• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Siblings

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I'm just curious on how many ZDers have siblings and how they handle them.

But I have an annoying older brother, but he pretty much "hates" me all the time. I've been trying to be a kind and considerate sister, but it's not really working. And my life's been a ****, since he makes me do all of his chores for not "helping" out, when he's on the computer, while I'm folding the laundry RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

Please help, and don't forget to post rants about your siblings;)

What works best is Reverse Psychology. I actualy have had two siblings. Both older sisters. The younger one has a six year gap and has always been very kind and freindly to me and I have to her. As for the older one with a nine year gap, she is the worstperson ever. She would be in the dictionary next to tantrum and anger, but then the dictionary would have to be rated R.... I still can not handle her..... Reverse Psychology seems to be the most effective, but it only works 40% of the time. Hope that helps. ^ -^

Last edited:
reverse sycology.
It's reverse psychology ;)

Anyways, I've never had any troubles with my siblings in a long time. I think its because we've all been through a couple years in high school. Well, actually, my brother and sister graduated; I'm the only one left. As you can probably tell, I'm the youngest of the three. However, we're still very mature to each other and we can joke around with each other almost every time.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Its reverse psychology ;)

It's it's ;)

Anyway, I do have two siblings. One sister and one brother, both of which are younger than I am. We were each born like 2 years apart. My sister doesn't have the same dad, though. Mom and Dad were together, had me, divorced when I was like 2 years old. My mom married some other guy, stayed with him like 5 months. The idiot managed to get pregnant while she was with him, though. So she had the baby while living with my dad, then she got pregnant again, this time by my dad, had that baby, and then got married like 4 or 5 years later.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I've got two of them. An older sister who turned 22 in July and a younger sister who turned 12 in June.

My older sister is moved out (thank God), so I usually don't have to deal with her anymore (and even when she visits, she's actually usually nice to me unlike when we were younger) and my younger sister... well, that's a different story.

I take a lot of abuse from her. She's always just putting me down and trying to torture me psychologically, but I usually ignore it. That's the key word: ignore the bad stuff, it always works.

The solution is simple. Quit doing things for him. If you don't want to do something, you don't have to. Just tell him that you're tired and sick of doing those things and he should go do it himself. You're not his slave!

Quoted for truth.

Last edited:

13foxes

I have a little brother. He's a sweet bro and also an evil demon.

He's not very annoying most of the time. Actually, he would do as I said, as long as I gave him a reason to do so. And he agrees with many things I said, while my parents go against them. He also usually helps me convincing my parents. It's so good to see those things. And I get along with him well. He only becomes annoying when he pokes his nose into my businesses (which have absolutely nothing to do with him), or when he sings a song repeatedly for 2 hours. :)

The only problem with my brother is that he has a very bad mouth. Whenever he disagrees with me (which rarely happens), he just calls me stupid, dumb, can't understand human's language, deaf, mute, blind, etc... and some swearing that I would rather not mention. Anyways, my mom would take care of his mouth eventually, and those thing are none of my businesses, so I would rather ignore him or lock myself in my room to prevent a fight with him. Because, if we get into a fight, I would lose for sure. He might hit me with something hard or throw stuff at me... :dry:

But I have an annoying older brother, but he pretty much "hates" me all the time. I've been trying to be a kind and considerate sister, but it's not really working. And my life's been a ****, since he makes me do all of his chores for not "helping" out, when he's on the computer, while I'm folding the laundry RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

The solution is simple. Quit doing things for him. If you don't want to do something, you don't have to. Just tell him that you're tired and sick of doing those things and he should go do it himself. You're not his slave!

Last edited:
L

lemsklex

I have an 18 year old brother and a 6 year old brother. Not very fun being the middle child with those two. My older brother isn't a problem at all, we both get along great, but my younger brother.......
He constantly wants someone to play with, ans since I am closer to his age, I'm forced to play with him. Though I can usually get out of it by saying 'I'm too tired' or 'I have homework' or something.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm i got 3, a 20 year old brother 19 year ld brother and 16 sister, yep im the youngest. my 19 yr bro is in missisppi with my mom and my sis moved out a couple months ago, me and sis are nice and all we can tell anything to each otehr literly, she was teh first family member to come out to, and yet she sadi the same thing everyone else said >_> sooo are you gonna bet he catcher or the receiver >_> that was annoying, and my oldest bro we just play around half the time he beats me up xD but when they ask me questiosn or bug me i simply ignore them and dont talk to them till they stop

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have two older brothers one of them passed away long ago before I was born.I also have two new stepsisters one is a few years older and the other one is 5 years younger than me.My older brother can be a *** sometimes but he still my brother but we never did get along well when we were young but now I regret not spending time with him since I never did play video games or play sports with him and never did hang out with him,sometimes it felt like we were never brothers.Eh my step sisters are all right the young one is overly hyper and the older one who is in college just locks herself up in her room all day.

@lex MM

The Lurker
I have a twin brother who is here as well.....No, we don't look the same, but he's very annoying some times....
Ha,ha, I call him a Deku Stick at the forums:lol:

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
I have 2 sisters, one older (by 3 years), and one younger (by 2 years). How do I handle them? That's a good question. My little sister is all right most of the time. But my older sister talks ALL the time. Yesterday, me and my dad were watching a TV show called Burn Notice, and when she came home with my mom and my other sister I had no idea what was being said on the TV. She also almost never listens to me, she'd be playing Wind Waker, I'd say "There's ReDeads in the next room," she go in the next room, screams when the ReDead screams and then tells me "No you didn't say anything" or "Well sorry."

C

coffeebean!

I have a half brother and half sister, in some other country. Heh.
I also have a 1 year old sister, which I handle by keeping the door to my room closed at all times and staying on my computer all day.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I was the "surprise" child, so my brother is 17 years older and my sister is 14 years older than I am. I basically grew up as an only child. I enjoyed having my parents to myself, but I also wished that I was closer to my siblings in age. You miss out on a lot of life lessons by not having siblings to live with. It was a big adjustment for me to get used to Caleb's family, where he has 6 siblings.

I have one older sister who is almost sixteen. She isn't much of the gaming type, especially since I annoyed her by talking about The Legend of Zelda all the time. :xd: So, she hardly ever plays wii with me anymore, becuase she is always in her room. Other than that she's pretty nice--I know, it's a rare quality in a sibling... She has a good sense of humor, but sometimes, she can be nosy. I hate that, but never do much about it, because I'm the one to always get in trouble... :(
She is often lazy, so my solution to that is to be lazy, too. :xd: Lazy contests!

Last edited:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Ah, I was hoping someone would post this kind of thread.

I have a little sister aged 10 and a little brother aged 8. There are two years inbetween all of us and I am almost 13...so you can imagine my house.

CHAOS - most of the time.

My little sister is really sweet and kind but she can also be reeeeeally annoying and she will try to offend me and it just doesn't work. She is just too soft to retaliate effectively. But she burts into tears at the slightest little thing, which is not good. Because as many of you may know the parents believe the one who cries.

My little brother is funny and friendly. But he is really competetive and throws a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way. He will throw sports equipment or board game pieces. He also goes in rages and hits me with his cricket bat (which hurts) he also has a habit of punching me in the chest because he knows it hurts me. But he got in huuuuuge trouble for hitting a girl at school and when he did it to me my parents went crazy.

I do often have to babysit my siblings but it isn't too bad 'cause I love 'em really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom