• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Shouldn't Majoras Mask Get a Prequel?

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I've heard people say this before, but I don't really see Majora's Mask having a prequel other than Ocarina of Time, unless it was a spin-off, or if there was a book explaining the races and beings that were not explained in the game.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
It already has a prequel, Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask takes place two years after it. I don't think anything exciting really happened in between.

MM is a Zelda shrouded completely in mystery, and I think it should stay that way. Nintendo should leave Majora and his/her/its origins to our imagination.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I think that they should either just leave the origins of Majora and the Fierce Deity mask alone and keep it a mystery or they should release some kind of non video game story that details the origins of the two masks, like a movie/show/anime/manga/etc. If they do that, I wouldn't want them to do it for a little while though, not while the story is progressing like this and so much is being revealed with the release of Skyward Sword.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Shouldn't Majoras Mask Get a Prequel?

How would a prequal come before MM, but after OoT. There really isn't a lot of significant time between the two games. (Or so we think)

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
As someone theorised; the Dark tribe may be related to the Dark Interlopers in TP. Aside from the fact that Midna's Fused Shadow slightly resembles Majora's Eye from MM, perhaps the Dark Tribe had found a way into the realm of Termina given that the Twilight Realm is the opposite to Hyrule (the shadow of Hyrule maybe) it would make sense one could find their way into Termina via the Twilight Realm also.

Perhaps Majora's Mask was something similiar to the fused shadow? A weapon perhaps? Then it grew a life of its own and they had to seal it away because it became to dangerous.

You all know exactly what he means to Majora's Mask by prequel a back story game... I can see how they could tie in a back story to Majora's Mask perhaps not even directly I could think of a few plot elements anyway especially if they even wanted to tie in the Twilight Realm with Termina, however the three day cycle wouldn't suffice in this 'back story' so to speak (my opinion anyway).

Now I do not know if the Fierce Deity is supposed to resemble Link or not however I could easily see how they could incorporate present Majora's Mask knowledge into this 'back story game'.

Such as something like:

The Ikana Hill
The Stone Tower in its Glory Day
The Twilight Realm
The Interlopers after their downfall in Hyrule perhaps stumbled on a new way to usurp the Sacred Realm via Stone Tower/Termina. (However I can't remember somewhere but there was a great fan back story to Majora's Mask which elaborated on the Stone Blocks with the Giant/Man licking the Triforce so I don't see how they could elaborate on the Interlopers in a new realm as perhaps the people who built Stone Tower [the person from this fan back story stated that the people regarded the Giants as Gods and wanted to deter the Three Goddess']).
Link defeats Majora and Seals its power into the Mask.
The people of this realm (perhaps Termina) fable this hero and dedicate his power into another Mask naming it the Fierce Deity (the one who slayed)

Things like that would make a good back story, however given that they haven't mentioned anything really on a back story (/) prequel to this game I doubt their ever will be one, one can only hope though. I support.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the origin of both Majora's Mask and the Fierce Diety mask explained, but not have an entire game dedicated to it. I want to know who Majora is and why the mask is named after him, perhaps another look into the mask's psycho personality, and maybe why it would have the Fierce Diety mask in its possession. However a whole game about it would steal MM's show and might turn into another Twilight Princess, being a really great game, but to similar to MM (or OoT in Twilight Princess's case).

zellinkda

one of many
well, that can be taken in a number of different ways.
1. did you know that oot is technically the prequel to MM? MM is the sequel to oot.
2. do you mean that you wish for a game between MM and oot? that's not a bad idea if that's what you're getting at. i know it's a bad name for a title, but it's all i can think of. Zelda: road to termina. XD anyways, i tell everyone this, but I <3 mm it's really awesome!

Ocarina of Time is the Hylian prequel to Majora's Mask that focuses on the same Link. This topic is suggesting a Terminan prequel focusing on a different Link. Has that cleared things up for people? Basically the Minish Cap or Skyward Sword of Majora's Mask.

The only connection between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask worth explaining is why the Kokiri sword has drastically different designs between the two games, and why the Owl Statues refer to the Kokiri Sword as a sacred blade. I support the Stone Tower of Babel and Fierce Deity = Terminan Link theories, so having a game that addresses those would be enough for me, so long as it serves as Majora's origin story.

Well, to me Ocarina of Time was the prequel to Majora's Mask, but if you're talking about a game in between those two in the timeline, then sure!

K

Kyopaka

Since Ocarina of Time is the prequel to Majora's Mask, I wouldn't mind seeing a direct sequel to it being made for the Wii U or 3DS.

A

Ahoydizzle

IIRC there's some prequel story in the MM manga although it's not considered cannon. It kinda explains where Majora's mask came from originally but not in any mass of detail.

P

PLZFE

Would the prequal be like way before MM? Or with the same Link from OoT and MM? Because if it was way before it would be cool but then there would need to be a Link who was originally from Termina, wouldn't there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom