• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Be a Central Main Dungeon in SS?

Should there be a central main dungeon in SS?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck no!

• I don't care

• Total voters

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I think it would be great if SS did have one think of what you could do and fight in there so many great things could come from the one main dungeon.

NO NO NO!! The idea of it in a DS title was ok since they were fun the first few times, but got really old really fast. Those games, the plot wasn't really deep, and the world had hidden section which required you to go to the central dungeon and get a new map. This will not be in Skyward Sword(At least I hope not). I think this ruined the DS titles, and I hope SS leans more toward a WW or TP type of flow for the game.

Kybyrian

No, no, no, no, and once more for emphasis, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I can't stress it enough. The central dungeon was one of the worst ideas they have ever had for a Zelda game. I never liked going dungeon, Spirit Tower, dungeon, Spirit Tower, dungeon, Spirit Tower. It may be a variety of puzzles or whatever in the central dungeon, but I still don't like going back to the same place over and over again. The Temple of the Ocean King was just bad, and the Spirit Tower wasn't much better. If there is a central dungeon in Skyward Sword, and it isn't at least 5x better than the Spirit Tower, I will destroy the game. I won't play it, ever. The central dungeon is absolutely horrible and I don't want to see it in any more Zelda games. It doesn't bug me as much as the horrible train and boat travel in Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, but almost as bad. It has a bit of potential to be good, but let's hope if they put one in that it IS good.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Like the Temple of the Ocean King?

By all that is good and holy in the world, NO!!!!!!!

Central main dungeons made me hate the games they were in so much that I nearly swore off Zelda because of them. If SS has a Central main dungeon, I just may never play a new game in the series again.

Personally, I don't care either way. It was implemented very well in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, in my opinion, and if Nintendo chooses to go that route again, there's no doubt that it will also be implemented very well. But I think Skyward Sword will be more similar to OoT, TWW, and TP than PH and ST, so I doubt we'll see anything like it.

I hated the central dungeon in Spirit Tracks so much!!
I actually finished it on action replay! :(

No it would be suicide for Zelda. The Temple of the Ocean King is what made PH not well recieved and to do something like that on a main console game would be the ultimate bonehead move.

H

Hyper-Red

Having a main dungeon would be horrible. It takes the fun out of the game. I don't know about you guys, but I actually have fun trying to find the temples in the other games. Like in TP when you had to go underwater to get to the water temple. Or in OoT where you had to go up that mountain with rocks falling on you to get to the fire temple (at least I think it happened. Haven't played that game in forever. v.v).

M

Mystic Shade

Definately not. I didn't absolutely hate the TotOK or the tower of spirits, but I wouldn't play through them again if I had the chance as I just find them both really tedious and boring, though the the one in ST isn't as bad.

Plus, the whole central Main dungeon thing has had a lot of criticism from most people, so I doubt nintendo would risk putting it in anyway. Well I hope at least they don't.

Central Dungeons are just awful, in any case. They didn't work very well in the DS, it would probably be even worse in Zelda Wii. They're boring, repetitive, and lack variation, seeing as it's all one dungeon. It constrains, if not eliminates, the possibility of diversity in dungeons and enemies (see Phantom Hourglass, where almost every level of the central dungeon looked the same and had the same enemy).
I think a Central Dungeon would completely ruin the game, making everything feel redundant and overtly linear.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I chose "I don't care", but I really would like to see one. I wouldn't have a problem if there were one, but I think that idea is unique to those 2 games, and shouldn't really be continued.

No I do not want a main dungeon in SkyWard Sword. In PH, and ST, they were a poor way to make the game seem longer. ST did a better job then PH at making the main dungeon more bearable, but it was still just a cheap way of making the game longer.
I rather Nintendo spend development on other things(like sidequests)then creating one big dungeon that you have to keep going back to.

How about TWO main dungeons! That would be awesome! lol Maybe not. I think it could work. They'd have to make it amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom